New 1:1 Dyrl Helmet

hirohawa

So what colour will everyone have their TV helm schemed as?

423219[/snapback]

A Hikaru one would be Iconic as next to the SDF1, VF1 and may be Minmay it`s easily the most recognised thing in Macross

423255[/snapback]

Yeah that's what i'm thinkin as well. Roy's is just too dark and wouldn't be an instant

draw to the middle of the room as Hikaru's helm would be. Plus Hikaru is more of

a hero to myself than Roy. It's a hard one but i'll go with Hikaru!

If we get to see the Zero helms being made i'd have that as a tribute to Roy.

I am planning on buying an ATV soon and I'll need a helmet. It would kick ass to have one of these!!! I'm hoping the color scheme will either be Roy's or Isamu's.

423326[/snapback]

I haven't seen any build up updates yet, are these being built on a crash rated real helmet? Or are you just funnin :)

The stock helmet will be cast resin. I can add fiberglass reinforcement for a small fee. As far as whether it would "crash rated". I'm not qualified to say.

The initial buildup is being made over a real crash helmet. Copies will be cast from that.

After the run of Series version, I do plan a DYRL version as well, if there are solid orders for it. In short, if people are buying it, I'm going to make it. If not, I'll move on to other projects.

Edited by GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem-

Will you be offering a Macross Plus, Isamu style helmet, complete with clear top?

I am pretty sure there is a way to make clear resin/plastic.

422487[/snapback]

If enough Series version Macross helmets are sold, yes, I'll consider doing a Macross Plus version. Clear plastic is not a problem.

423173[/snapback]

That's good news1

I am not interested in the regular series or a DYRL? helmets.

I hope they sell well enough for Isamu's to happen.

Macross Plus was what got me back into Macross, so it's the one I really want.

I'll be ordering the fully painted version with reinforcement and straps! :p

It's a stock cycle helmet, to provide the shape of the upper dome and surround.

7f_1_b.JPG

~ GM

426120[/snapback]

That said then i suppose you could make one bonded directly to the helmet and then although it probably wouldnt be road legal, wear it.

Cool! Interestinggggggggggggggg... :D Keep keepin us updated Gm!

The stock helm looks perfect for the job.

lol, i dunno, if you crashed an burned a certain way wouldn't the point

of the helm stab you in the lower abdomen or worse!? :lol: lol

I guess that's without being strapped in. :p

Come to think of it Hikaru was never strapped in his Valk for a few

episodes there! Saving Minmay, Saving Misa.. don't try it at home kids! :lol:

From that article, it looks like having something DOT or otherwise certified entails having them intentionally crush X number of helmets to see how they hold up, and I'm not making a bunch of free helmets just to have them destroyed.

Extra fiberglass reinforcemet can be added for a reasonable charge. I can't guarantee them as DOT certified or anything specific like that. It's more of a "use at your own discretion" kind of thing. But they can be made more durable than I'm already making them.

~ GM

I figure if you're starting off with a certified helmet to begin with, then just simply adding on to it as a modification in aesthetics can't possibly take any rating away unless you are somehow taking away from the actual structure of the orginal helmet itself. But then again... I'm no expert! Just my two cents.

A couple of years ago one of my good friends was in a pretty bad motocycle accident where his body was tossed around for a good 30 feet feet over PCH,

he broke his ankle and wrist, one of the bones in his hand broke the skin and was poping out and the paint and visor on his helmit were completely ripped off the helmet, I remember him telling me that if he didnt have his helmet on they would probable be scrapping his brains off the road.

i would really love to get his helmet as a display piece. I would never consider using it as a riding piece, Better safe than sorry.

man i can't wait!!!

The visor is of interest to me, any news on how you will incorporate it GM?

Will it slide down somehow? That would be filth! :p

Hikaru never used it that much.

426899[/snapback]

the visor (in the TV series) was used in space along with the chin guard with the collars tucked in (air tight). In atmosphere, the visor was up and the chin guard is off and you see the big ass collars untucked. So he used the visor a lot if you think about it.