Valkyries @ Work?

Vermillion21

Ha - the school district in which I teach has blocked all message boards, so I can't check MW at work.  :(  I also can't get to legit music education message boards because they have blocked those too.  Thanks for the help, administration!

404940[/snapback]

I am sorry to hear about that. Was this before or after Myspace? My job blocks some sites also. Mostly dating sites. I am able to get on MW though.

dude BoBe-Patt, that just messed up how someone would steal stuff from you even if it's a boothleg. what kind of work or office do you work at? i remember once that someone from my previous work got the original voltron set stolen and the whole crew chipped in for the cost. even though it's only a boothleg minmei, it's still your property. man, that person is just low. kyatsu

dude BoBe-Patt, that just messed up how someone would steal stuff from you even if it's a boothleg.  what kind of work or office do you work at? i remember once that someone from my previous work got the original voltron set stolen and the whole crew chipped in for the cost.  even though it's only a boothleg minmei, it's still your property. man, that person is just low. kyatsu

404982[/snapback]

Yeah, i know it's messed up, so now security is more tight around my area. I work at a entertainment and design agency. So it's a pretty laxed environment. Anyway, like I said, the stuff I put at my work, I don't care much about. Well meaning if someone wanted to transform something, play with it and get their greezy little hands on it, then I don't care. But stealing is different. Oh well, it's a lot better now. :)

I'm not sure if it was the MW forum but somebody brought their Alternators Grimlock to work, he left it on the top of his desk in Robot Mode before he left for the day. Too make a long story short he comes back the next day to find it transformed to Vehicle Mode, it turns out his boss had some extra time on his hands. LOL.

Checking the MW forums at work is too risky ... knowing myself, I'd probably get sucked in and 30 mins would fly by .....

:)

405009[/snapback]

trust me, that's how I get through the days when there's no work to be done! ;):D:p:lol:

Checking the MW forums at work is too risky ... knowing myself, I'd probably get sucked in and 30 mins would fly by .....

405009[/snapback]

trust me, that's how I get through the days when there's no work to be done! ;):D:p:lol:

405028[/snapback]

Boba, your work should never be done. The floors will always need sweeping and the bathrooms cleaning. There is also a lot of aluminum cans on the sidewalk that need collecting. :rolleyes:

405009[/snapback]

405028[/snapback]

Boba, your work should never be done. The floors will always need sweeping and the bathrooms cleaning. There is also a lot of aluminum cans on the sidewalk that need collecting. :rolleyes:

405088[/snapback]

Ouch!!!!

:ph34r:

405009[/snapback]

405028[/snapback]

405088[/snapback]

of course! that's why it's my job to call on a P.A. to do it. ;):D:p:lol:

405009[/snapback]

405028[/snapback]

Oh yeah. I can attest to that. I find myself keep hitting the refresh button every 5-10 mins. Disturbing. :ph34r:

I've got my very first 1/48 on display right next to me at my desk.  Hikaru 1A w/ FAST Packs.  It's the only one I ever completely stickered up (Takatoys stickers).  It's the only one I display at work because it's got the crooked tail-fins (1st edition) and some cracked hips.  So, I don't mind if it walks or gets damaged.

It's brought about five people out of the Macross/RT closet.  Two of which have actually been aware of Macross's relationship to RT.

H

404165[/snapback]

Not the best shot of the valk itself. But here's where I am when I write this stuff! :)

I need more Macross stuff on the walls. :lol:

hurinatwork.jpg

Yeah, it's from Tenjin's Valkryies book.

H

406194[/snapback]

How is that book? I've seen it for sale for about $80!! Too much I thought, was I wrong?

:huh:

406256[/snapback]

I think it is a great book. I wish I could fit it on my flatbed scanner without breaking the binding. Ordered it from HLJ and the lower corner was bent but it is outstanding.

If you simply like Macross it is a must have. It is on par with high end aviation art books. Could actually see it in hard bound!

HLJ shows the book as discontinued. Amazon Japan still has it. I think...too lazy to check right now because of the heat. Maybe a cold beer will help.

edit: Nope, it didn't help at all. Tasted good though. I'll try another, you never know.

Edited by Dante74

H

406194[/snapback]

How is that book? I've seen it for sale for about $80!! Too much I thought, was I wrong?

406256[/snapback]

dood, I see that book every where in LA. The kinokuniya in J-town still has them for about 50 bucks. Well if you live in SoCal, then your in luck, if not, then it might cost a little more. :D:p:lol:

H

406194[/snapback]

406256[/snapback]

dood, I see that book every where in LA. The kinokuniya in J-town still has them for about 50 bucks. Well if you live in SoCal, then your in luck, if not, then it might cost a little more. :D:p:lol:

406428[/snapback]

Living in California was great in the 80's because the products were so close to home. Sadly on the East Coast the internet is the only way to pick things up.

Really miss walking into a store and seeing all the goodies from Japan. :(

H

406194[/snapback]

406256[/snapback]

406428[/snapback]

BoBe-Patt - Thanks for the info! I gotta head into downtown LA one of these weekends and check it out, maybe I will buy the book!!

Bobe! I know Wing series and movie was ok.... but, to be placed with reprocessed meat is considered cruel and unusual punishment for the model/toy.

406823[/snapback]

haha, I know I know. My coworker was cleaning out her office to move to our NY office, and came across two spam cans. She know's that I love spam so she gave them to me. I just display it there, not gonna eat it. Maybe for real emergencies. hehe.

BoBe-Patt - What do your co-workers have to say about your desk display?

407042[/snapback]

Every time my co-workers come in my office, they always have to touch my toys. Especially my Rubik's snake and my SD optimus prime. :D:p:lol:

wow, you actually have 1/48's at your work?!?!? crazy. I guess you trust nobody will touch or steal your toys huh? That's awesome. :blink::D:p:lol: