Valkyries @ Work?

Vermillion21

wow, you actually have 1/48's at your work?!?!? crazy. I guess you trust nobody will touch or steal your toys huh? That's awesome.  :blink:  :D  :p  :lol:

407317[/snapback]

No problem. Bring toys to work. Nobody really wants them except for us nerds. Now, dont leave anything like jewelry or watches at work, those will get swiped. Back when I had to have a job, I would bring toys to work all the time. A few people would ask about them, but nobody really gave a crap. Im pretty sure nobody was going to steal them. Its not like they would steal them to take them home to display in there house.

I cant even leave my laptop and USB keyboard at my desk without someone trying to use it or sell it on fleabay. Everyday im not in the office I come back and find my ddesk has ben used as a dumping ground for coffee cups and other peoples discarded junk. They have no real respect for me, its mostly the two directors that are to blame. If I was to put anything even slightly valuable on my desk it would be damaged or perminantly borrowed as soon as my back was turned. As it is if the bust my laptop or USB stuff they get me going mad and going to the PC shop to buy the most expensive replacement on my company creditcard.

I cant even leave my laptop and USB keyboard at my desk without someone trying to use it or sell it on fleabay. Everyday im not in the office I come back and find my ddesk has ben used as a dumping ground for coffee cups and other peoples discarded junk. They have no real respect for me, its mostly the two directors that are to blame. If I was to put anything even slightly valuable on my desk it would be damaged or perminantly borrowed as soon as my back was turned. As it is if the bust my laptop or USB stuff they get me going mad and going to the PC shop to buy the most expensive replacement on my company creditcard.

407637[/snapback]

You need this, more than I do.

407637[/snapback]

You need this, more than I do.

407642[/snapback]

Ha ha ha .... too cool!

:lol::lol::lol:

407637[/snapback]

That seriously sucks... I've left on vacation for two weeks... and when my kid was born I was out for a week, and the only thing people did to my desk was feed my fish and organize some of my paper work for me...

Edited by eugimon

hey big f, what kind of work do you do? is it in the effects house you work at? like cinisite in england? curious, kyatsu

408097[/snapback]

I wish i worked there.

I just do Corporate multimedia installtions like plasma screens projection sound and control systems. I also do Videoconference and esingnage soultions. Esignage, VC and Websites is where my heart is though.

The trouble with our place is that the office and sales bods dont seem to realise that web sites and signage can be as time consuming to set up as the control systems are to program. They leave the programmers alone but bug me constantly. I cant work from home (because they wont let me) even though my home machines are way more powerfull than the junk at work. so every time i go out on site my desk gets used as a place to dump gear while they demo it to customers. It ends up looking like Watto`s yard and IMHO I think it looks crap for the customers when they come in. Cleaning up is easy i just grab it all and dump it in the sales office.

I used to have a little scale model of my minvan on my computer monitor but it went missing and was found a few months later in my bosses car by one of the sales guys. My boss said he took it home to give to his kid as he though his kid would like it. That kinda give you the idea. So Transformers, Gundam and Macross would be a deffo no no

No kidding.... your boss sounds like a serious a-hole. Time to find a new job. Somewhere you can get some respect. That's just rediculous. Did he apologize for lifting your minvan? Come up with some lame excuse at least?

I'd be getting a friend to call his wife anonymously and telling her that he's been seen fooling around with a coworker, or client, then hanging up. Maybe bring in some lipstick, and smudge it on the collar of his jacket when he's not around, or drop an earring on the seat in his car. If they're f'n with you, why not give it back?

The sweet taste of revenge :D .

Sounds like you need to step up the batter's plate and say whats up! All you have to do is tell them to back the _ _ _ _ off from my work station! <_<

hey big f, what kind of work do you do? is it in the effects house you work at? like cinisite in england? curious, kyatsu

408097[/snapback]

I wish i worked there.

I just do Corporate multimedia installtions like plasma screens projection sound and control systems. I also do Videoconference and esingnage soultions. Esignage, VC and Websites is where my heart is though.

The trouble with our place is that the office and sales bods dont seem to realise that web sites and signage can be as time consuming to set up as the control systems are to program. They leave the programmers alone but bug me constantly. I cant work from home (because they wont let me) even though my home machines are way more powerfull than the junk at work. so every time i go out on site my desk gets used as a place to dump gear while they demo it to customers. It ends up looking like Watto`s yard and IMHO I think it looks crap for the customers when they come in. Cleaning up is easy i just grab it all and dump it in the sales office.

I used to have a little scale model of my minvan on my computer monitor but it went missing and was found a few months later in my bosses car by one of the sales guys. My boss said he took it home to give to his kid as he though his kid would like it. That kinda give you the idea. So Transformers, Gundam and Macross would be a deffo no no

408223[/snapback]

Edited by Agent-GHQ

All very valid points and revenge is always sweet when it comes to work HEH HEH HEH !!! The trouble is that the company is not big enough to have a proper HR dept. The HR bods know about it but as they bosses are both as bad as each other the rest of the office people have been victims too.

The Ebay thing would be cool and profitable mmmmm!!

To answer the question about appologies, Nope didnt get one just got a lame excuse.

Heres an another example boss 1 breaks the Novell server buy pulling the power UPS durring a black out so he can make a phone call on our landlines (we all have cellphones) he pulls it while the system is still on. This is VERY bad for Novell systems. The servers dead and it cost us £5000 to get the data back. Next because he refuses to let us reinstall the server we lose data on an accounts machine because he wont let us back them up.

We spend several £100 getting that working again. I then go out and get a portable backup drive to back all the computers in the office to. so I dont have to spend all day reinstalling them everytime he buggers them up.

All machines are Ghosted to the Back up drive NP.

Today when we wanted to get back some files that were deleted by accident the back up drive is gone. Turns out Boss 1 took it home becase he wanted more storage for his kids computer.

Thats a snap shot of life where I work.

I now no longer do any network Admin For our company and just worry about backups for my fellow Engineers computers as we have our own boss proof stratagy.

I am looking for a new job where I get a desk thats mine and no cleptomaniac employers.

P.S his wife is the size of a house so hes probably playing the field anyhow.

Im called big F coz Im tall not fat just in case your wondering

Edited by big F

That is sad taking much needed company equipment for personal use.  I am suprised he has not gotten fired yet.

408480[/snapback]

Trouble is him and his equally inept bro (the one who took my minivan model) own the company.

Just found out we wont be getting as pay rise again ( four years on the trot now) as they have spent the wages budget on new cars for them selves. How nice as the old ones werent even 3 years old yet.

Time to get a new job me thinks

I would say it is time to leave also.  I had one job were I was doing six people's jobs and holding up the whole repair departmant for 3 states.  I had asked for a raise and I was told to find another job.  :angry:  I left and they are no longer in business.

408953[/snapback]

Yes that sound so familiar. I left a couple of places a few years back and they are no longer in business. One died a few days after I left. A few people said I must have had insider knowledge.

O.K in respect to the fact that this thread has been miss directed ( a little ) here is a list of things I want from my new employer.

1 a new laptop or desktop p.c

2 my own desk

3 tea breaks

4 decent money

5 no thieving of personal property

6 an area to put my own personal things (see 2 and 5)

7 people to work with who acctually care

8 company toolbox that I dont have to worry about someone chissling the lock off when Im away.

9 decent money ( oh did i mention that already)

10 somewhere to put at least 2 1/48`s and some CMS figures with out the risk of carboot sales or eBay / bosses child related abductions.

I dont think thats much to ask.

I got a VF1J with the Armor kit on my desk, and a few other misc toys. No problems with people stealing stuff since theres bigger nerds then me at work, with lots more rare and expensive stuff kicking around other peoples desks, one of the guys around the corner from me has about 4 1/48's on display on a shelf in his office

I'm actually cutting down on the number of toys @ work, just keeping it to one or two flagship items [right now I got a 12" diecast T-800 and the Vf1J armor] and move the rest of the clutter home. I'l probably sell or give away some parts of my toy collection to reduce space and clutter.

Never had any security issues at work, its rare that something gets jacked.