Any Fan Of Southern Cross Out There?

Could probably take one of the old 80s oversize Go Bots as a base and modify it. IIRC many of them used the front end of the vehicle as a 'head' , not exactly the same, but similar to what the Logan does with its cockpit. Since the transforming mechanisms are already in place, it would probably mean just working on the outer hull/outer details. And I think old Go Bots run cheap on the secondary market.

400101[/snapback]

Thanks 4 the idea but I'm more of a plastic/resin model type of guy, I tried to mod a toy once n its ends up in the gabage ^_^'

Thought your avatar was a cross between a VF-1D and the Terminus R606 from Eureaka 7. :p

But yes, I was joking.

Although I've actually only watched 1 or 2 episodes of Southern Cross. The mecha and characters just never appealed to me.

Graham

Although I've actually only watched 1 or 2 episodes of Southern Cross.

If I can sit and watch the entirety of Macross 7, a series I thoroughly and totally despised, anyone should be able to watch at least the first half of the Southern Cross series. Give it a chance. You may be surprised.... ;)

400316[/snapback]

I never thought I'd say this, but First Boarder has a point. If you can watch Macross 7 (which I cannot, despite valiantly trying twice), you can watch anything.

Although I've actually only watched 1 or 2 episodes of Southern Cross.

If I can sit and watch the entirety of Macross 7, a series I thoroughly and totally despised, anyone should be able to watch at least the first half of the Southern Cross series. Give it a chance. You may be surprised.... ;)

400316[/snapback]

I never thought I'd say this, but First Boarder has a point. If you can watch Macross 7 (which I cannot, despite valiantly trying twice), you can watch anything.

400325[/snapback]

Oh god! I stop after the first one... lol

I thought Macross 7 was like... making fun of Macross or something... ^_^'

• 2 weeks later...
Oh God, a thread with ample opportunity to flame both Southern Cross and Mac7?  This is like a dream come true of mine!  Still, I will bite my tongue.

400505[/snapback]

One cool thing about Southern Cross were the different body armours for each of the 15 armies ... ATAC, GMP, etc. Wish I had a set of those model kits ...

:)

And having never seen Macross 7, just how bad was it?

:lol:

Uhm isn't the 'let's flame Macross 7 because it's different' thread somewhere else?

What's the common line? Use the search feature?

The last word on Macross 7: come and live in Japan for a few years. Watch Macross 7 no more than one episode a day.

Do NOT take in heavy expectations such as it being the same as the original series, movie or Macross Plus. Don't expect anything at all, in fact.*

It actually makes sense and is, despite claims to the otherwise, pretty interesting. Not the best, but interesting in its own, unique, way.

* Some of you may jump on this, so I'll state my intent: Macross 7 is like coming to Japan. If you have an expectation, you will be disappointed, no matter what. If you come with no expectations, you will be pleasantly surprised.

And no, no expectations doesn't mean negative expectations either.

Edited by sketchley