I Need Help!!!

Excillon

Ok, those of you following the Toynami thread know that I've put all my MPC's on ebay, and I'm going to buy a 1/48. I need help with a decision though. Here's the options I have and I really am having a lot of trouble. As I could go either way on any of them and be happy. I have no doubt I'll end up with all of them at some point but what should I do for now, as it might be a while before I get another one?

VF-1S Roy w/Strike parts and stand (my favorite valk)

VF-1S Hikaru w/Strike parts and clear pieces(I can get a great deal on this)

VF-1J Stealth and stand (my favorite looking valk so far)

VF-0S (I heard it's the size of a 1/48!)

Ok, those of you following the Toynami thread know that I've put all my MPC's on ebay, and I'm going to buy a 1/48. I need help with a decision though. Here's the options I have and I really am having a lot of trouble. As I could go either way on any of them and be happy. I have no doubt I'll end up with all of them at some point but what should I do for now, as it might be a while before I get another one?

389944[/snapback]

I think you answered your ? Your fav valk.....roy :lol:smiley6.gifsmiley7.gif

389944[/snapback]

i suggest you get the vf-1s (hikaru)first because it's only a second release of this toy. yamato has made a fifth release of roy, so i am sure you can get that anytime. or if you really want, then get the vf-1j stealth. it's very new and i am sure a lot of people will be buying it. so, you can choose either the vf-1s or vf-1j stealth. kyatsu :)

Edited by kyatsu

I'd get Hikaru for the clear FP.

Roy is too popular. If they ever run out of him they'll reissue because most first time buyers will want to start out with his.

Although on second thoughts that stand is a nice addition. You can have the valk upside down in mid flight to pose roy in his drunken barrel roll from the movie.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I'd say, get more than one if you can, and save in shipping. Man, shipping is killing me. Hundreds of dollars spent in the friggin' shipping :(

A 1S, and a 0S Roy should be nice! Then you have the immediate progression of Roy's valk.

I do agree with the Hikkie 1S also. Such a handsome valk :)

Edited by vlenhoff

Slightly off topic, but I've decided that in addition to the 1/48, I'm looking into Perfect Grade Gundam kits. What's the difference between Perfect and Master other than size, and is it worth it to buy one of those or should I just buy like 3 Master grade kits. And finally (I know I ask a lot of questions) has anyone checked out the Evangelion PG kit and how is it?

Slightly off topic, but I've decided that in addition to the 1/48, I'm looking into Perfect Grade Gundam kits. What's the difference between Perfect and Master other than size, and is it worth it to buy one of those or should I just buy like 3 Master grade kits. And finally (I know I ask a lot of questions) has anyone checked out the Evangelion PG kit and how is it?

390767[/snapback]

PG's have more articulation and a very detailed armour and inner frame, more parts (a lo more), moving armour plates and have special gimmicks (like how the eyes light up). Recent MG are very well engineered (were I to get a Zeta Gundam I would get the MG ver2.0and not the PG for example).

I have the PG Strike Gundam and I'm very pleased with it. It's just incredible: very tight joints, lots of moving parts, great detail on everything. I also have the MG Gundam MKII ver2.0; it’s moving leg armour is based out of the PG’s but you can tell it ain't the same (you could say it feels more cheap when compared to the heavy PG).

Check here to see TONS of pics of all the released MG and PG models:

Dalong

(It's in Korean but you can easily navigate it. Check the MG and PG galleries).

You just convinced me into getting a PG Gundam kit.

Do you have any idea if this will stay available for a couple of months? cause I really need to save up for this.

391155[/snapback]

I had a blast building my PG Strike (but I did it slooowly, building a leg and then thinking about doing the next right away could make you feel sick).

The Rouge has been out for some time now but I think the color isn't very popular so I think it will still be available in the near future.

I've used gundam markers and they are truly awesome. The fine tip black and grey works wonders for panel lines. Strike Rouge ? That's so cool ! I want that one bad along with the Zeta PG (biggest of them all), but I decided that I want a Gundam Zero since I have one in every other scale, and there's no PG Deathscythe or heavy arms. Nice choice though!

Oh yeah, and I haven't built a PG yet, but I do know the 1/100's are easy. I read a review of the PG's on starship modeler that say no glue or paint is required, but it helps in parts. They say the PG manual is easy to understand from pics so it doesn't matter that it's in Japanese, and if you pay attention then skill isn't a factor. In my expierience, here's what I found works for my 1/100's. Gundam markers: Fine tip black and grey, White, and the 6 marker weathering kit. Not hard to use, and the weathering adds little things like mud and rust that really make it look lifelike.

I know, I clicked that link last night. As much as I want a 1/48, man I gotta build one of those. Actually strike that. I gotta build ALL of those. I just wish I could find pics of the Evangelion Perfect grade kit.

The PG Zeta gundam looks yummy. If I wasn't into macross I would definatley have went down the gundam road. It would be a dream to see macross receive that much attention to detail. (imagine fine details like the magic hands in the valk, the ability to disconnect the front portion of the plane and attach it to the underside of the valks forearm like in the tv series, head that can be folded down so the pilot can appear out of it, poseable hands with individually articulated fingers, light up leds for the shoulders, heat shield that can slide up into the chest piece in fighter mode, pieces of the armor that can be removed to see what's underneath just like the fast packs etc etc)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker