Official Transformers Super Thread 3

I agree on having an USAF low-vis version of starscream. BTW, watching the pictures at HLJ brought me back some memories when i was a small kid going to laredo Tx. to the riverdrive mall and next to one of those toystores there was a transformers promotion in wich a person was disguissed as starscream and it really looked coll, he was giving away for free some colouring books, i think i have a picture my dad took back then lying around in my house so if i find it i'll post it.

Also, at HLJ site they state that it was designed by the hoary floating head. Is it true?.

I'm not sure what it is, maybe it's just me, but those pictures seem to make the Classics figures look...cheaper...or something. They just don't look as impressive as the earlier photos. I still totally dig them.

I'm not sure what it is, maybe it's just me, but those pictures seem to make the Classics figures look...cheaper...or something.  They just don't look as impressive as the earlier photos.  I still totally dig them.

405992[/snapback]

Previous pics were photoshopped photos of the hand-painted prototypes. These photos are of test shot samples close to production toys.

Actual production toys are naturally unpainted (except for detailing and colour coordination).

bumblebee is cool! But that waterski trailer is so lame. It will go straight in the trash.

bumblebee is cool! But that waterski trailer is so lame. It will go straight in the trash.

406026[/snapback]

It stores in his trunk when not in use. In robot mode, as you can see, becomes a flight pack.

And I am amused when people try to be bad ass or prove some point on the internet by declaring they'll throw something they paid money for into the bin :p

Edited by Fit For Natalie

haha, it's not bad ass. If this toy only costs 10 bucks, throwing something away that I never want to look at or use again is no big deal. :p

haha, it's not bad ass. If this toy only costs 10 bucks, throwing something away that I never want to look at or use again is no big deal. :p

406055[/snapback]

I'd be happy if you throw it my way. ;)

Support political incorrectness and protect future generations of children from dirty pacifist hippies!

I find that straight up violent beatings works better for this....

I'll buy Starscream and Bumblebee and Prime and Hot Rod.... dunno about Astrotrain and Megs tho...

I really hope that Megatron as a tank shows up as an Alternator (or related line of a different name). I mean, we've never had a truly excellent Megatron toy. Classics Megatron isn't too shabby, it's just too bad they had to give him a gaudy colour scheme to meet the legal requirements for toy guns nowadays.

I really hope that Megatron as a tank shows up as an Alternator (or related line of a different name). I mean, we've never had a truly excellent Megatron toy. Classics Megatron isn't too shabby, it's just too bad they had to give him a gaudy colour scheme to meet the legal requirements for toy guns nowadays.

406091[/snapback]

The neon green wasn't needed, I'm pretty sure.

I think that's just how the current Hasbro thinks Megatron should BE.

*looks it up*

It seems the current California laws require toy guns to be either ENTIRELY orange or green, or transparent. So I'm not sure if they can sell Megatron in California anyways.

I'd have to find the full text of the law and try to work it out from there. It might be that ANY transparency covers things, in which case the green is probably redundant.

The lack of a barrel could be due in part to New York law, which requires non-removable orange stripes down the length of a toy gun's barrel. Depending on how they define non-removable, that could mean they'd have to cast orange plastic strips into the barrel.

The toy industry, understandably, wants the states to get together and standardize so they don't have to navigate the existing minefield of varying state laws, all of which stack on top of existing federal law.

Why am I getting more Transformers news from a Macross site?

Odd...

If they do the magical "small radio to giant robot" thing, I'd love to see them explain it. A small robot could be used for recon missions in hard to get places and that would be great for semi-realism. Otherwise, what's the point of making a realistic looking movie if they pull the size change BS?

awesome, soundwave is going to be a life size radio.. I hope his bot mode is the same size.. little bitty robot running around.

406162[/snapback]

But that makes the cassette robots a guaranteed miss.

If they do the magical "small radio to giant robot" thing, I'd love to see them explain it. A small robot could be used for recon missions in hard to get places and that would be great for semi-realism. Otherwise, what's the point of making a realistic looking movie if they pull the size change BS?

The size change is pretty much a requirement. regardless. There's no good way to pack a robot AND a car in the same vehicle and still have room for a cabin.

It's just less obvious when the robot and car are similar sizes.

They probably WILL explain the size change, just to get it out of the way.

As I understand it, they have an explanation currently(involving mass displacement into an alternate dimension), it's just never made it into the animation.

As for Evil Prime, Hasbro should have just released him as that, and skipped Optimus altogether. Robot mode even reminds me of Scourge/Laser Prime.

That isn't classics smokescreen, its cybertron crosswise repainted for a later wave of cybertron.  And Black Convoy is rumored to be extremely limited.

406225[/snapback]

Oh...sorry then.

Is that supposed to be Smokescreen in Cybertron then cause when i saw the pic i thought : "Cool, its Smokecreen's old colors!"

That isn't classics smokescreen, its cybertron crosswise repainted for a later wave of cybertron.  And Black Convoy is rumored to be extremely limited.

406225[/snapback]

Oh...sorry then.

Is that supposed to be Smokescreen in Cybertron then cause when i saw the pic i thought : "Cool, its Smokecreen's old colors!"

406281[/snapback]

I'm not sure, but that would be cool! It'd make 2 different characters in cybertron. I hope they call it smokescreen.

Oh no... is Spike the boy from Even Stevens???? I hate that dude!

I'm getting REALLY VERY worried with the cast of this movie... are they just getting all the Nickelodeon/Disney actors/comedians together to make a funny movie?? This is sounding a lot like Spy Kids or one of those action/comedy films. :angry:

~Tico

Edited by Tico0001