Gundam Figure Thread

This might be interesting :

From Guntoa :

http://aeug.blogspot.com/2006_10_01_aeug_archive.html

Bandai HCM-Pro questionnaire

Gundam Perfect Web has an HCM-Pro questionnaire up today. In addition to expected assortment of questions, they ask about things people want to see in the line, with answer choices including "separately sold stands", "fully-painted versions", "introduction of new materials such as metal parts, etc.", "1/100 or 1/144-sized merchandise", and "merchandise of characters other than Gundam". In a separate question expanding on that last choice, the selections listed are "Macross", "Evangelion", "VOTOMS", "L-Gaim", "Patlabor", "Dunbine", "Cyber Formula", and a write-in "other" category.

Edited by Black Valkyrie

• 2 weeks later...

i cannot wait for the Gundam X i so want that.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

here's mine, folks.

IPB Image

in reality the colour is actually slightly turquoise-ish. but it's quite nice as well, certainly no detraction.

the big big prototype gun doesn't seem to fit very well into any of the provided hands. it sort of ... sags. the end result is that the gun droops along the ground. as you can see, i went for shotgun and mines instead. looks leaner and meaner, if you ask me.

the feet are jointed interestingly - square blocks instead of the usual roundish pegs (a la MG style). unfortunately, the grip isn't half as good , and mr kampfer loses his feet quite often.

the paint job on the kampfer is superior to previous FIXes. the "decals" are absolutely top rate.

definitely worth the SGD$55 i paid (that's .. about 25 USD). and the great thing is - the prototype alternative is so ugly, you won't have to buy two of the toy (like we all normally do .. eh?) so as to make both alternatives! *curse and swear in direction of gerbera and gerbera tetra*

Edited by shiyao

• 2 weeks later...

Given the track-record of the FIX line (with the exception of God Gundam+Nobel Gundam), I'd say either on par as the 1/100 HG or slightly better. But who knows, they might surprise us. I'm even seeing what looks like a double jointed elbow. One can hope. :D

Is it a given that the FIX X-Divider Gundam is going to be more posable than the current 1/100 kit?

depends on what 1/100 kit you're talking about, some are more posable than others. But with the new GFF, they seem to be almost as posable as the new HGUC 1/144 or the 1/100 gundam seed destiny kits. Almost, still not there yet.

the HCM Zabi has been out for a while i already managed to pick up the Gear Dogas (which I highly recomend), i also got my Zeonography Kampher today, man i really wish i had a digital camera again :(

Got my Kampfer the other day too. It's typical Zenography/ GFF: good to look at, not so good to play with. The hand for the MG is really bad, can't hold the MG on its own and the joints on the elbows are too stiff/ limited to go for a cross-body pose.

Otherwise quite a beautiful piece of work. I'm breaking out my camera later tonight for an event tomorrow, I'll shoot some pics.

Prom: Sorry to hear about the 'Zabi, I'll shoot some pics of mine to tide you over a bit. :)

Oh goody, just what the world needs, yet another RX-78 toy! (insert sarcastic smiley here).

There must be more size, scale and material variations of the RX-78 than any other toy ever produced in either the East or West.

Graham

I`m also fed up but It`s normal since any new Gundam toy line or a updated in any Gundam toy line has to be RX-78-2.

BTW I`ve stopped buying MSIA, EMSIA figures and going to order my first FIX.

Edited by Black Valkyrie

Oh goody, just what the world needs, yet another RX-78 toy! (insert sarcastic smiley here).

There must be more size, scale and material variations of the RX-78 than any other toy ever produced in either the East or West.

Graham

True, but it's not like this happens often.

They are only doing this to mark the 33rd anniversary of the 24th episode that was aired on the 14th weekend and for the 7th time.

Heck, if it wasn't for a special event like this, I'd be surprised if any RX-78-related merchandise would ever be released next year.

So enjoy all ye faithful and buy, buy, buy, buy!

:D:p

Graham

Troll, troll!!!!!! :D

Can't the same thing be said about the umpteen million VF-1 toys that have and continue coming out from Yamato, Toynami, et al? ;) Regardless of what head, paint job, or additional weapons you stick on it, it's the same basic firggin' mecha. :)

Edited by Apollo Leader

Troll, troll!!!!!! :D

Can't the same thing be said about the umpteen million VF-1 toys that have and continue coming out from Yamato, Toynami, et al? ;) Regardless of what head, paint job, or additional weapons you stick on it, it's the same basic firggin' mecha. :)

The number of RX-78 toys and models that have been releasd over the years is far, far greater than the VF-1.

Off the top of my head, here's the ones I can remember.

Toys

1. Many, many, many RX-78 gashapons.
  2. Many, many RX-78 keychains.
  3. Gundam Collection (1/400), many.
  4. 1 x Gundam Micro-Bots (scale ?)
  5. 1 x Gundam The Origin (scale ?)
  6. 1 x HCM (1/144).
  7. Several RX-78 MSIA (1/170?)
  8. Several kado Senshi (sp?) 1/144? RX-78.
  9. 1 x EMSiA RX-78 (1/170?).
  10. Several HCM-Pro RX-78 (1/220?).
  11. Several Jumbo Grade RX-78 (scale ?).
  12. 1 x 1/12 Scale? RX-78.
  13. Several GFF RX-78 (1/144?).
  14. 1 x all metal unpainted deluxe Gundam that came in metal case (I forget the name) 1/100?.
  15. New part metal GFF (1/144?).

I know there are many RX-78 toys I'm forgetting as well.

That's not even starting on the models.

Graham

The number of RX-78 toys and models that have been releasd over the years is far, far greater than the VF-1.

Off the top of my head, here's the ones I can remember.

Toys

1. Many, many, many RX-78 gashapons.
  2. Many, many RX-78 keychains.
  3. Gundam Collection (1/400), many.
  4. 1 x Gundam Micro-Bots (scale ?)
  5. 1 x Gundam The Origin (scale ?)
  6. 1 x HCM (1/144).
  7. Several RX-78 MSIA (1/170?)
  8. Several kado Senshi (sp?) 1/144? RX-78.
  9. 1 x EMSiA RX-78 (1/170?).
  10. Several HCM-Pro RX-78 (1/220?).
  11. Several Jumbo Grade RX-78 (scale ?).
  12. 1 x 1/12 Scale? RX-78.
  13. Several GFF RX-78 (1/144?).
  14. 1 x all metal unpainted deluxe Gundam that came in metal case (I forget the name) 1/100?.
  15. New part metal GFF (1/144?).
I know there are many RX-78 toys I'm forgetting as well.

That's not even starting on the models.

Graham

That`s the METAL GRADE 1/100 RX-78-2 and don`t forget Glover`s 1/144 RX-78-2 set and 50cm assemble action figure from the early 80`s

EMSiA Sazabi & Nu-Gundam just released here in HK. Paint application is crap IMO though. Took one look and went....bleh! Although articulation does appear to be pretty good.

If you are looking for good looking toys of these mecha, I'd stick with the HCM-Pro Nu-Gundam & special finish HCM-Pro Sazabi which looks absolutely gorgeous.

Bandai, where's my HCM-Pro RX-79G? One of the few Gundams I actually like.

Graham

From Guntoa :

This month's hobby mag news UPDATED

Early info being reported on 2ch:

HGUC Gundam GP-02A (MLRS specs) - with 6 rocket launchers + additional boosters on the back, & newly-designed beam bazooka, end of January, 2,310 yen

HG Civilian Astray DSSD Custom - February, 1,575 yen

HCM-Pro RX-78-2 Gundam (1/144 scale) :lol:

The MG Hi-Nu Gundam has a February release date and is priced at 7,350 yen.

Edit:

MG Hi-Nu Gundam will come with a new rifle design and cartridge type bazooka.

HGUC GM Quel was early mentioned for Jan release, but few publication has it listed for early Feb release.

GM Quel will be closer to AOZ version (body unit, backpack, head will be new). It is priced at 1260 yen.