Aircraft Vs Super Thread! 2

Nied

They need a 1/1 Macross Display Stand! To flip the bird on its side/back for easier access.

BTW, check out this link below. Someone prove to me that its fake or a joke? How the heck can it be 'street legal'?

http://www.ronpatrickstuff.com/

412632[/snapback]

after looking at all the pics i conclude it to be real but if you only looked ar 1 or t2 you could think they were photoshops

I don't know how his engine would get enough air unless he drove windows down... and to top it off, the noise would be pretty harsh on the ears in that proximity... would ear protection even help at that range?

Waste of a good engine on a pretty sh!tty car if you ask me.

Designed as a counterpart to Hercules gunships, this is certainly the smallest plane to ever be armed with four AIM-7's and a M197 gatling (the Cobra's gun), the AU-24 Stallion:

17 built, all went to Cambodia. Nobody believes the Sparrows went with them nor could actually be launched (kind of hard without a radar), but some joke they could be a form of improvised JATO...

Consensus on both ARC and F-16.net says that this ended up being the same guy flying when

happened.

A shame that pilot couldn't be killed once for every crewmember's life he endangered or KILLED in the tenure of his career flying like that. It's one thing to take one's own life into their own hands, but when they involve an entire crew, that's a whole different ballgame.

i thought it was detirmined that the crash was a susicide

413165[/snapback]

Well, they were practicing for an airshow, and the pilot seemed to have a reputation for showboating in the BUFF. From my reading the consensus has been that he unfartunately pushed the envelope too far this time and entered into a manuever from which there was no recovery. Just an accident.

An avoidable accident probably, but an accident.

to change gears for a few...

Y'all remember the BD-5, right?

what if somebody made a SD version of the Me-262 (that could fly) using the BD-5's engines, but was only just a little bit bigger than the BD-5 itself?

could it be done?

to change gears for a few...

Y'all remember the BD-5, right?

what if somebody made a SD version of the Me-262 (that could fly) using the BD-5's engines, but was only just a little bit bigger than the BD-5 itself?

could it be done?

413252[/snapback]

So...you wanna know if you could build a miniature Me-262 "ish" aircraft?

Can't see why not. The engine technology seems to be there, the design itself has been proven, what would the problem be?

I've seen 1/2 scale Fw-190s, I don't think this would be appreciably different.

Consensus on both ARC and F-16.net says that this ended up being the same guy flying when
happened.

413085[/snapback]

How that guy wasn't stripped of his rank and kicked into the janitorial staff is beyond me. The guys who wrote his fitreps ought to be court martialed.

Edited by kalvasflam

went to the Quonset MA airshow last week i have been wanting to post pics but have not got around to it up until now. show could have been better but it rained and most of the real jets did not go up , i also had problem with the batteries on my camera so i did not get half the shots i wanted :(<_<

"Thunderbirds go" well they could have if it did not rain <_<

post-1669-1152064477_thumb.jpg

nice explosion. even at a distance you could feel the heat from it

post-1669-1152064967_thumb.jpg

A-10, they had a bunch of these but my camera missed out on some great shots due to the sucky batteries

post-1669-1152065371_thumb.jpg

more Thunderbirds, i really wish they could have gone up, i also wished my camera had worked better. they had tons of jets and vehicles, military Humvees, as well as a very nice F-14 and a Phantom, they had tons of Vietnam and current Helicopters :( and me without a camera. all well maybe next years show...

th.jpg

unlike most on this site i do not have alot of knowledge of jets, they had tons of stuff, including a flying replica (it did some stunts) of the Red Barons plane as well as WWII stuff including ground vehicles. they also had Vietnam era stuff as well as i believe some of the current stuff, i do not know there names but i have seen pics of them from the current Iraq and Afgan wars, i just figured some of you jet fans might like to see the pictures :)

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Well it's official the F-35 is the Lightning II the name they should have given to the F-22. Check Out Lockheed's little graphic incorporating both the P-38 and BAC's legless fighter.

Well it's official the F-35 is the Lightning II the name they should have given to the F-22.  Check Out Lockheed's little graphic incorporating both the P-38 and BAC's legless fighter.

414373[/snapback]

Sort of makes sense I guess, at least from an international point of view.

As for legless - I bet English Electrics little speed demon could still show its younger namesake a thing or two when it comes to going really fast... :)

As for legless - I bet English Electrics little speed demon could still show its younger namesake a thing or two when it comes to going really fast...  :)

414384[/snapback]

I think "legs" usually refers to range/endurance, not speed, when talking about aircraft.