Kaiyodo Revoltech Figures

wolfx

Guppy, it's really tempting when you see brand new incarnations of favorite mecha at highly affordable prices, esp those that didn't get the DX treatment back in the day. But then again, the blockiness of the Dougram designs are what endears them to me... afterall, I never had the opportunity to watch the anime, so the excellent Takara 1/72 toys DEFINED the whole series to me. So while I love the poseability in these RvT combat armors, the exaggerated 'humanoid' proportions doused my enthusiasm somewhat. For the same reason, I never bought the 'newly old' Kaiyodo series Macross mecha... I was saddened to see the Tomahawk sculpted more like a Super Robot than a Real Robot, just to achieve some 'hip thrust' action.

To each his own! :-)

Yeah. I see where you are coming from. They do look a bit different from the blocky look I was used to when I was little (got a red Block Head model kit back then :p). Though the Revoltech Dougrams don't look that different really. Mainly the hip and the thighs(that made the stance). The rest still look pretty close to the original proportion. Just with a wider range of movement.

Really hope Kaiyodo won't just stop at the Soltic Round Face, but keep going on the other Dougram mechs. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

bah, my first real qc casualty, my eva unit 04 came with a totally floppy and worthless elbow revoltech joint.

aside from some uneven paint on my unit 01's shoulder battery this is my only problem.

how are the other eva owners fareing?

Hmmm.... looks okay... I wonder why they made the pelvis and thighs a different silver... gotta admit tho, while I don't mind at all (even like at times) the 'big nut' stance, this one looks kinda awkward with it... might still get it tho, cuz it looks fantastic otehrwise.

Hmmm.... got my silver Eva-04 today, and everything looks great except for the fact that the elbow non-clicky joints were floppy loose out of the package... got some serious clear nailpolish drying on them right now... kinda upset. Looks great otherwise tho, except the neck peg into the body sits real loose in the body so the head falls off and the hole on the neck of the open mouth head is slightly deforemed and needs to be drilled out a bit.... not nearly as nice as my Douggy or Ingram, or evne the clear yellow Eva-00 Prototype... nice weapons now for the 00....

My Revoltech 12 (aka Revy) arrived today.

To my suprise I can't get her into the "LORDY LORD KING CHRIST" pose from the first season. I'm also sanding down the neck joint because I'm having a bit of a struggle removing the head. Otherwise the joints are tight enough but I'm hoping the shoulder joints don't wear down too much. Overall not a bad purchase considering I'm a fan of Black Lagoon.

IPB Image

I'm planning to add the rest of the Evangelion Units next.

Edited by UN Spacy

Got my RvT-014 Patlabor Ingram 2 yesterday. Basically the same as Ingram 1 (of course), but with the riot shotgun-molded-to-hand. Also, Kaiyodo has added new versions of detented joints in Ingram 2's elbows and neck. Previously, those joints were simple friction-grip pieces. Not sure if they actually add anything to the poseability as the arms and head aren't heavy at all. In fact, the non-detented joints allow MORE degrees of movement in certain situations...

Still, nifty little toy just like No. 1. Now it's definitely the best Ingram 2 toy EVAH! (LOL)

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone's Getter broken at the torso?

I've had my Getter in a flight pose on display for about, as long as I can remember. Then yesterday, I decided I was going to put him away and reposition him back to his orginal standing when packaged. All I can remember is seeing his legs bounce off the floor as I watched in horror. The ball joint located inside the torso bonded to the chest. Damn, this is soooooo F'ed up! :angry:

Oh well, time to buy another one. <_<

Has anyone's Getter broken at the torso?

I've had my Getter in a flight pose on display for about, as long as I can remember. Then yesterday, I decided I was going to put him away and reposition him back to his orginal standing when packaged. All I can remember is seeing his legs bounce off the floor as I watched in horror. The ball joint located inside the torso bonded to the chest. Damn, this is soooooo F'ed up! :angry:

Oh well, time to buy another one. <_<

I just ordered one of these. Was it in direct sunlight or in an area where heat was/is a factor?

Anybody have any suggestions to keep this from happening or is this a one time thing?

You mean the non-clicky revoltech joints? they're actually very easy to take apart and fix with clear nail polish (I did it to my floppy silver Eva.)

Take the whole assembly out of the arm holes, and then you've gotta look at it. It's basically just a normal joint held together with a pin, and the pin comes right out, but one end is flanged slightly wider and the other side is not tapered bc/ it is the inserted side... you want to figure out which is the smaller end, and use some blunt object (like a piece or plastic rod or maybe a scissor tip) and simply push the pin back out. Then you can pull the two halves of the swivel apart, add some clear nail polish to the friction points, and reassembled...

Getter 3 baby!

Just got my hands on this one as well as Mazinkaiser. But only opened the Getter 3 for now. Boy, is this cool. And I was so surprised that now even the little joint on the neck and wrists clicks too! Thats right. Its also revolteched(nice term :p LOL)! Tons of big revoltech joints on this Getter with awesome posing range, and the whole body fully painted! Looks more finished compare to the bare shiny plastic of Getter 1 & 2. The only gripe is that it doesn't come with a pair of closed fists. Only 2 pairs of open hands. But other than that, I think this release is a great improvement of the previous. Hope the Mazinkaiser will be even better, but saving that one for Christmas.

Can't wait for Dangaioh coming in March. Yay!