Kaiyodo Revoltech Figures

wolfx

Yeah that's a great pic. Almost makes me want to pick up Getter 3... almost.

So Megatron and another EVA, there's no slowdown on these figures eh? They're really going to keep churning them out 2 a month looks like. I wonder what series they'll tackle next.

Totally awesome... one intersitng thing I noticed, is how drastically different the joint layout on Prime is from the prototype pictures.... Revoltech joints in the hips now on the production unit... maybe it'll appease all those 'big-nut' pose haters with added flexibility? Good too see more evolution technologically alongside all the new figures!

Totally awesome... one intersitng thing I noticed, is how drastically different the joint layout on Prime is from the prototype pictures.... Revoltech joints in the hips now on the production unit... maybe it'll appease all those 'big-nut' pose haters with added flexibility? Good too see more evolution technologically alongside all the new figures!

Big-nuts indeed! Looks like Prime and Magnus have got theirs hanging out of their 'shorts'!!

I think they will :D. Heard its scheduled for 2007 March, pairing with Dangaioh.

After seeing that Griffin, they SOOOO have to doa Type-0!!!

Couldn't wait until Christmas day to release my Mazinkaiser from its box. :D My impression on my newly opened Mazinkaiser is very good too, but with a couple gripes.

Plastic finish. While they go all out painted the whole Getter 3, they used minimal paint on Kaiser, and left it with mostly polished plastic in the same fashion as Getter 1 & 2. Wish they have added more paint, as Getter 3 really looks great.

Neck little revoltech joint alignment gets disoriented easy when turning the head. Everytime I turn the head sideway, the vertical axis also got turned a bit(when I don't what it to, kind of have the symptom of the SOC Getter Dragon's neck, always need to fix it and re-align it when I fiddle with the head. Adding some lubricant on the top head swivel might help, so the bottom is tighter and less likely to move around. Getter 3 has the same joint on the neck but don't have this issue.

Hip revoltech joints did solved the 'nut pose' issue, as Mazinkaiser can do more natural stance. However, it also need quite a bit more effort to find a standing pose that Kaiser can balance itself due to the angles of the peg holes the hip and thighs have. Took me like a couple minutes everytime to actually get it into a balanced pose without falling whenever I try to change pose on the lower body. With Getter 1 & Dougram, this is much easier.

Scrander articulation while its there, its not very useful once attached to Kaiser's back. Barely any room for it to move. Though at least it stays in place nice and tight without falling or rotating like the Aoshima's.

White belly section a bit too short. See the top edge front and back easy when you bend the torso more.

One of the tip of my Scrander is bent in the box with a bit stress mark visible (just mine).

As you can see. The short comings are very minor, and the sculpt is awesome. The articulation needs a bit getting used to, but should be a no brainer once you've handled previous revoltechs. They indeed improved a lot of old flaws, even added the new clicking small joints on the elbows. Not as tight as the big joints for sure, but enough to get the job done. Weapons all held nice and tight, as well as hands with groves on peg that won't fall off like Getter 1's(almost too tight to change them, which a little lubricant can help).

Overall, great figure the best sculpt of Kaiser in a very playable and affordable form. Though the finish and minor articulation issues put it right behind Getter 3 as my second favorite revoltech release in terms of execution.

Thanks for the pics Wolfx i finally have a detailed idea of what i was missing... and it wasn't much. Good thing i didn't shell out to try and get this one.

BTW i saw this on fantofan a couple of days ago, should have posted it up:

http://fantofan.jp/news/mag/hyperhobby/hh2-4.jpg (Clear Revoltech EVAs 00 Blue, 01, 02)

http://fantofan.jp/revoltech-monthly.htm (Description)

Edited by Veritas

Bugger!!! Kaiyodo is using the Yamato tricks: a new paint job to get more money from the same mould... :(

Yamato trick? I'm pretty sure Yamato learned that trick from Hasbro/Takara. It's absolutely ridiculous how many repaints are released in the Transformers universe :p

Edited by mister_e

Just got my Ingram today. Take it out of the package and go to bend the leg and the knee snaps in two. Glad I only paid twenty bucks for the thing.

Hmm if you bought it from a brick and mortar retailer, they might be able to replace it. My friend owns a comic/import store and the same thing happened to him with an EVA revoltech he ordered from Diamond Distributors. He took it out of the package moved the leg ever so slightly and *crack* the joint broke. He told Diamond what happened and they replaced it. Good luck.

Wowza! :o Dangaioh looks nice. I’m def. picking one up. Zeroshiki… not too sure. I’ve already got the Ingram 01 and 02 so I think I’m going to be passing.

Wowza! :o Dangaioh looks nice. I’m def. picking one up. Zeroshiki… not too sure. I’ve already got the Ingram 01 and 02 so I think I’m going to be passing.

HAHA!!! Take your ugly Dangaioh... that means more Type-0 for me!!!!

Thanks the heavens... thanks the gods-be-damned heavens!!!

Thank the heavens... thanks the gods-be-damned heavens!!!

Hmm if you bought it from a brick and mortar retailer, they might be able to replace it. My friend owns a comic/import store and the same thing happened to him with an EVA revoltech he ordered from Diamond Distributors. He took it out of the package moved the leg ever so slightly and *crack* the joint broke. He told Diamond what happened and they replaced it. Good luck.

I got it through BBTS. Since it wasn't damaged in shipping, not sure if there's anything to be done about it.

Man, I want a Dangaio (trying not to let my Ingram experience sour me on the line).

Thank the heavens... thanks the gods-be-damned heavens!!!

Whoa, I heard you the first time. :blink::lol:

It's a Type-0 for a reason. Pssh. :rolleyes:

I got it through BBTS. Since it wasn't damaged in shipping, not sure if there's anything to be done about it.

Man, I want a Dangaio (trying not to let my Ingram experience sour me on the line).

Hmm, i haven't dealt with BBTS in years, but they used to be super cool down there when they were a lot smaller retailer than they are now. It might be worth a shot, it's a legitimatly defective figure and shipped or not it would ended up having the same result.

Overall i haven't had any major problems with the line. If you're really looking at picking some of the other ones up, i'd say go for it. As long as you don't get a turd like that defective Ingram was, i think you'll be quite happy with your purchase.

Edited by Veritas

J, send Joel from BBTS an email.... you'll get one of his service girls, explain that the problem was discovered shortly after opening the box, and they WILL get it fixed... I still say BBTS ahs the best customer service out there.

• 2 weeks later...