Minmay In The Transformers Movie

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I was watching the old transformers movie earlier tonight and noticed this.

Is it just me, or does the girl in the junkbot's tv look suspiscously(bah I cant spell) like minmay?

post-3403-1141716654_thumb.jpg

Edited by kazeofwinds

So any anime/cartoon chick on stage with disco lights is a homage to min may? :rolleyes:

378029[/snapback]

Yeah just like every cute Japanese pop singer is doing a homage to Mari.

378131[/snapback]

Yeah why not.

If they had actually put Minmay in the cartoon then HG would probably own the Transformers too now, and then they would be unstopable and take over the galaxy MU Huhuhuhuhuhuhu !!!!

Well maybe not.

So any anime/cartoon chick on stage with disco lights is a homage to min may? :rolleyes:

378029[/snapback]

Why not? And other anime works should be so respectful. Anime might have a different face in the world today without seminal works like Macross...

378029[/snapback]

Why not? And other anime works should be so respectful. Anime might have a different face in the world today without seminal works like Macross...

378234[/snapback]

Any resemblence to Minmay is purely coincidental!

If it was in any other movie, that alone wouldn't be an homage.  But in a movie about ROBOTS THAT TRANSFORM INTO PLANES, I say it's an homage.  :)

379774[/snapback]

Thats exactly what I was thinking.

They both have common ancestory.

Its not Minmay, but its fun to think that it could be...

By the way, I love Transformers: the movie. It was pretty damn cool listening to the chime of disgruntled adults groan at the 2 swear words and the death of all the iconic heroes. Anyone else remember seeing it in the theater? Man, I feel old all of a sudden.

SNAP!

By the way, I love Transformers: the movie.  It was pretty damn cool listening to the chime of disgruntled adults groan at the 2 swear words and the death of all the iconic heroes.  Anyone else remember seeing it in the theater?  Man, I feel old all of a sudden. 

SNAP!

380377[/snapback]

I'm not ashamed to admit I cried in that theater when Prime died... hell, I was seven and he was my HERO! Despite the emotional rollercoaster to my young mind, to this day I still think that movie was the finest moment in TF history.

I'm not ashamed to admit I cried in that theater when Prime died...

380400[/snapback]

Spoiler!!! :lol:

380405[/snapback]

Same ere, around the same age too. Except i watched it on TV. I was like...wtf, everything was dying. How traumatic! :(

"Till all....are one....."

*dramatic music....Prime turns black*

*Spike (or was it Daniel?) cries*

*I cry*

Edited by wolfx

It probably is a nod to the Macross franchise.

It is considered a flattering act to include a reference to another show in your anime.

The Dirty Pair did it often with Star Trek references, which prompted Roddenberry to respond in kind in the episode "Icarus Factor" with the Riker's playing some sort of game on the holodeck.

The Japanese characters shown are the Kanji names of the main characters from the original Dirty Pair, Kei and Yuri as well as a reference to .

http://www.lgpnet.com/amg/startrekanime.htm

Edited by Zinjo

By the way, I love Transformers: the movie.  It was pretty damn cool listening to the chime of disgruntled adults groan at the 2 swear words and the death of all the iconic heroes.  Anyone else remember seeing it in the theater?  Man, I feel old all of a sudden. 

SNAP!

380377[/snapback]

I was 15 when I saw it at the cinema. I remember one mother had to take her kid out as he cried so much. Lots of kids cried. I got to admit I did a few tears too. My friends and I were totally shocked when he died. We were still getting over the death of Ironhide and his brother Rachet and everyone else in the shuttle. Still kinda brings a tear to my eyes now.

Back then my friends and I had all been introduced to Transformers Gobots and Robotech/Macross all at the same time (like most kids in the U.K) so transforming Mecha was huge in the U.K and to kill of so many key Heros was a brave move.

SNAP!

380377[/snapback]

I saw it in the theater TWICE!!!

I loved it! The music was great and yes I teared up when Prime died.

I was happy as hell when i heard "sh_t" in a cartoon movie! It blew me away at the time cause I tottally didn't expect it.

That movie rocked back then and it still does today.

It was way ahead of it's time, just like DYRL.

As for paying tribute to other anime shows within a show....

What about our favorite tv series Macross?

Anyone remember when Hikaru & Max were at the arcade and were playing a Lupin III video game?

LOL, cool!

As for paying tribute to other anime shows within a show....

What about our favorite tv series Macross?

Anyone remember when Hikaru & Max were at the arcade and were playing a Lupin III video game?

LOL, cool!

380693[/snapback]

OMG !! Yes.