4chan

Spatula

So recently I've started POSTING (not lurking, I've been doing that for quite some time now), on probably the most infamously grotesque and unique image boards on the English speaking side of the Internet.

You can pretty much find groupies of every possible group imagined. Very little "serious" talk develops there. Perhaps the only thread area that can come with any coherant and somewhat sane discussion is the photography group /p/ and the mecha group /m/. Much of the rest, especially /b/ - random constitutes images of the twilight zone and beyond.

What's surprised me is how addictive it is, especially the weird and guro threads.

But perhaps the reason behind all this madness is the anonymity of it all. I've made a few "threads" or entries and always left them as "anonymous". Strangely I guess most people feel they can put in their 2 cents of guro or mutilated hentai and just walk away in the /h/ and /r/ threads. Strange.

Seeing a cat caged up, doused with gasoline, and set on fire is extremely disturbing, yet I some how mustered enough guts to watch this sickening act.

What's happening to my brain?

Lynn Minmay, please sing for me. :unsure:

I've scoped out 2chan from time to time, but obviously nagivating in a foreign language in which the only thing you know how to say is "toirei wa doko ni desu ka?" (a very useful phrase for the gaijins) can prove some what challenging.

Also, WAPANESE rule that board (4chan), no really.