Is There Still A Market For Customs?

Skull-1

I was thinking...  Is there still any sort of demand for Customs of the 1/55s that were *NOT* issued/re-issued like the VF-1D, ELINT and the OSTRICH?

364569[/snapback]

When you say customs do you mean Garage mods or shop bought factory modded ?

Well for example, a 1/55 Bandai Super O like KidKorrupt's referenced in another thread...

Even with Yammies out I bet KK could get at least 500 bucks outta that Ostrich.

But I don't see them on Ebay any more.

Every now-and-then a custom goes for a decent price but for the most part customizing a 1/55 is a lot like customizing a car now. Some people will absolutely love the work you've done but it's next to impossible to get a fraction of the time and money you poured into it back by selling it.

I'd have to agree about the time and money thing. Customs are quite labor intensive and the man power/hours you stick into rarely come back in the sale. Any custom I have I think I can generally make about 50-100 bucks over what I paid for the original toy, but if you consider my labor vs. what I make in my real job... the dollar per dollar profit is a joke.

You can actually sell a custom for 150 bucks these days?

It is worth it to me. I do the building for fun then use the money for more stuff to build.

:)

Used to be more lucrative I agree, but none of us could earn a living at this even at the market's hey day.

al11 made damn good money with his limited deluxe boxed evil jetfires. I think the last one to be sold went for well over $500. As it had been one of my jetfires I know he made a fair profit over what it cost him. :blink:

still a lot of work to make something that pretty.

al11 made damn good money with his limited deluxe boxed evil jetfires. I think the last one to be sold went for well over $500. As it had been one of my jetfires I know he made a fair profit over what it cost him. :blink:

still a lot of work to make something that pretty.

365462[/snapback]

Yeah he made a penny or two on them so much so that others tried to mimick him, but none that I saw were a patch on the original al11 Evil Jetfires.

my brother was blown away when he saw them on eBlag. He had forgotten about his Jetfire, and now wants it boxed and restored to new condition so he can display it, in his office at work.

Just out of curiosity, how much would it cost to get a 1/48 custom painted? For example, repainting a cannon fodder into a low viz?

366167[/snapback]

this is intresting because i'd considered having my low viz "touched up" by one of the more profesional guys around here, with some REALLY good model stickers, and some good light weathering/lines and general improvements.

I never got any takers though, its intresting to seee someone else with a similar 'want'

Just out of curiosity, how much would it cost to get a 1/48 custom painted? For example, repainting a cannon fodder into a low viz?

366167[/snapback]

this is intresting because i'd considered having my low viz "touched up" by one of the more profesional guys around here, with some REALLY good model stickers, and some good light weathering/lines and general improvements.

I never got any takers though, its intresting to seee someone else with a similar 'want'

366172[/snapback]

You and CdnShockwave should send a PM to Kurt.

I quit collecting the 1/55 valks, cause the 1/48's take all my money.

But, I do really enjoy the 1/55. They are classic, and one of the best made toys. I mean, I remember when I was a kid, I put my 1J hikaru through hell...

And it still survived.

They are classic. I love them.

But...

I cannot afford both the 1/55 and the 1/48.

SNAP.

who cast the super o armor you have? you could always sell the armor to me!

365597[/snapback]

I quit collecting the 1/55 valks, cause the 1/48's take all my money.

But, I do really enjoy the 1/55.  They are classic, and one of the best made toys.  I mean, I remember when I was a kid, I put my 1J hikaru through hell...

And it still survived. 

They are classic.  I love them. 

But...

I cannot afford both the 1/55 and the 1/48.

SNAP.

366236[/snapback]

hey phat... I might be willing to part with one of my beers sets for you... so nobody else ask.

oh yeah... bryan_f_davis@yahoo.com ...

1. I'm still looking for that friggin sdf arm I know is around here somewhere so I can help you out with a complete one. Still not sure if I ant to part with a pod or a 19a though

2. If you don't either add "snap" to your sig or stop using it I'm gonna pull a cartman on the boards and start using "hella" every other hella word so help me hella because I'm hella sick of it!!!!!

I don't even know wtf "SNAP" is supposed to mean!!!!!!!  I see it on YAHOO Messenger a lot.  Ugh.

366577[/snapback]

Its probably eaither Leet speak or some teenage thing. Whichever it is it serves no purpose.

geek-speakinleet.gif

If it is leet speak STOP NOW !! its old, childish and confuses anyone who dosnt speak English as a first language

I don't even know wtf "SNAP" is supposed to mean!!!!!!!   I see it on YAHOO Messenger a lot.   Ugh.

366577[/snapback]

Its probably eaither Leet speak or some teenage thing. Whichever it is it serves no purpose.

geek-speakinleet.gif

If it is leet speak STOP NOW !! its old, childish and confuses anyone who dosnt speak English as a first language

366703[/snapback]

\/\/ |-| 4 + '/ 0 \/ + 4 | |< 1 |\| ' |3 0 \/ + \/\/ 1 | | 1 5 ?

Does old school WoW 1337 count?

At first I thought maybe he was snapping his fingers or breaking a chicken bone in half... But he didn't write *SNAP* so that didn't work.

Then I thought it might be an acronymn like SNAFU but nothing seemed to work with SNAP...

So then I thought maybe he is a martial artist and likes to break boards...

Or perhaps he is a tree trimmer and that was the sound of twigs being slaughtered...

Or maybe he likes sex and had a defective condom that broke...

And then I thought well...maybe he is into rubberband gun fights and the snap was a popping rubber band.

Then I thought maybe it wasn't that but perhaps...