The "large" Toys For Men!

Spatula

Speaking of shipping, and not to derail my own thread, but:

Here's my order I put in for HLJ, now how much would you think shipping with EMS would be for this order?

Item Code Description Qty Price

--------------------------------------------------------

AOS09066 Aliens Dropship 01 1 12800

AOS09068 Aliens APC w/Colonial Mar 1 3800

BAN922945 Kanedas Motorcycle 1 6500

HSG11 YF-21 Fighter 1 2400

HSG17 VF-1 Super/Strike Valkyri 1 2800

HSG18 VF-0D Macross Zero 1 2800

HSG6 VF-1 Valkyrie Weapon Set 1 1000

HSG9 YF-19 Fighter 1 2400

WAVKK-01 Tachikoma 1 1800

I really don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if it got to the triple digits range. Man oh Man...

(btw, Is this considered a "large" order?)

Edited by Spatula

You could always tell them that it's for an illegitimate love-child that you had with some girl a few years ago...

Is this Jun based on classic Gatchaman or the new Gatchaman?

358672[/snapback]

Actually, they're more likely to believe the doll-buying... :D

The costume is based on the classic Gatchaman costume - with a couple of minor differences, presumably for practicality - but its difficult to tell what the face is like from the early images that have been released; my guess is that it will be a fairly generic one rather than totally "anime-accurate".

And if its able to achieve some of the one-legged poses shown in the pictures without falling over, then I'll eat Berg Katses lipstick! :lol:

Edited by F-ZeroOne

Speaking of shipping, and not to derail my own thread, but:

Here's my order I put in for HLJ, now how much would you think shipping with EMS would be for this order?

Item Code      Description                Qty    Price

--------------------------------------------------------

AOS09066        Aliens Dropship 01            1    12800

AOS09068        Aliens APC w/Colonial Mar    1    3800

BAN922945      Kanedas Motorcycle            1    6500

HSG11          YF-21 Fighter                1    2400

HSG17          VF-1 Super/Strike Valkyri    1    2800

HSG18          VF-0D Macross Zero            1    2800

HSG6            VF-1 Valkyrie Weapon Set      1    1000

HSG9            YF-19 Fighter                1    2400

WAVKK-01        Tachikoma                    1    1800

I really don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if it got to the triple digits range.  Man oh Man...

(btw, Is this considered a "large" order?)

358734[/snapback]

Well, considering your order totals about $316 at todays current exchange rate, weight and the amount of packages sent to you comes into play. If you can afford it, go with EMS. You are more apt to get your order. If you're worried about cost, you should be. The shipping alone on the Aliens dropship is $35 by itself. Then figure your other stuff in. HLJ may help you with a total, though.

So is $100 MINIMUM a good estimate?

Well guess what? Today I just had to pay $250 for 2 textbooks for my Comm class. Perhaps I should cancel. Man I don't know. One of them are just pages of paper with stuff on them for $180!!! That's like the Aliens Dropship AND the apc with shipping dude.

Plus my Xmas billing haven't even come in yet.

Thank god I have a decent job. But still...

Also, generally do customs charges apply to HLJ products? Will they mark it as a gift or just state the actual value. If the actual value applies, I'm screwed.

Maybe I should get one of these:

F-14 Remote Control Jet.

358756[/snapback]

Love that video.:D

Any of you seen or own any of the giant 1/18th scale aircraft they've got nowadays? The FW-190 at my local walmart was down to around $30 cause no one would buy it. :p But they are beginning to branch out and do jets...

1.jpg

Bought myself this behemoth for Christmas this year... holy crap on a stick. It's about a meter long. They're starting the Vietnam era with this one, but if they make an F-4, I'm gonna be in trouble... the ceiling's already full with this thing. If they end up making an F-14, I'll have to just get my own apartment and fill it with em.

They aren't bad quality at all, considering they're toys, and they're getting even better. If I could find 1/18th scale decals, I might seal all the joints, and detail it up even more. Not a bad buy for $65, plus I have something to hang on that hook in my ceiling left by the last tenants. :)

Edited by Chronocidal

I've got a bunch of the WW2 fighters, and the new F-16 and 18 jets. Those last two are huge boys, and I have no intention of breaking them out until a 4 bedroom home suddenly appears in my life...

So I changed my shipping method to SAL, after taking another careful look at the charges, although I read that HLJ will change your shipping to EMS sometimes if the value is greater than 15,000 yen, which it is. Not all the items are in stock not, which I'm actually both not happy but relieved about. I'm in a pinch for my credit card balance so I hope they only charge me what is shipped out at that time.

I love 1/6 figures.

I have a bunch of Star Wars and some Military(all the ones from Counter-Strike that I could find back in 2000)

My ultimate one though I will never own.

It is a Japanese made Blade Runner Deckard Figure.

Sniff.

I love 1/6 figures.

I have a bunch of Star Wars and some Military(all the ones from Counter-Strike that I could find back in 2000)

Sniff.

359300[/snapback]

I dunno, keep your fingers crossed, and wish hard enough and maybe medicom will grace us with one.

I love 1/6 figures.

Sniff.

359300[/snapback]

These show up on eBay from time to time under the name "Android Hunter", usually go for $80 - $100. Just keep an eye out.

I'm normally a mecha junkie, but I've just had to put in a pre-order for an item I couldn't resist - Takara are releasing a Cool Girl Gatchaman Jun figure.

I'm looking forward to having to explain to my family why I've bought a doll in a pink mini-skirt...  :rolleyes:

358669[/snapback]

Is this a reissue? Because the Cool Girl Jun came out a couple years ago. I've had one for a while now. And she has a non-anime face and short green hair.

I'm normally a mecha junkie, but I've just had to put in a pre-order for an item I couldn't resist - Takara are releasing a Cool Girl Gatchaman Jun figure.

I'm looking forward to having to explain to my family why I've bought a doll in a pink mini-skirt...  :rolleyes:

358669[/snapback]

Is this a reissue? Because the Cool Girl Jun came out a couple years ago. I've had one for a while now. And she has a non-anime face and short green hair.

359330[/snapback]

Yeah it's a reissue. Cool Girl is reissuing a lot of their line.

So I've been looking around eBay for a some Solid Snake 12" figures. As you have read already, I own the Medicom RAH Solid Snake from Snake Eater - Croc version.

I've seen a few of these guys around, but they don't look all that impressive.

Would you know of any other toy companies that make decent (and most likely expensive) versions of Snake from MGS1 or Sons of Liberty?

Edited by Spatula

Back in the day, when I heard that there was a 12" Sniper Wolf to be had I was elated. The final product was very disappointing, although the rest of the line wasn't too bad.

I guess when it comes to Metal Gear, 12" has yet to be done justice..

I guess when it comes to Metal Gear, 12" has yet to be done justice..

360601[/snapback]

The 12" sniper wolf looks absolutely horrible. When you say "Metal Gear", I take it that you are referring to Solid Snake in the PSX game, perhaps as well in "Sons of Liberty" for the Playstation 2.

I personally love the Medicom version of Big Boss/Snake for MGS3. Justice has definitely been served there.

Oh, hey! I've never seen that Medicom deal before. Now THAT'S how 12" is done, although you get what you pay for; those MGS 12" like 14.99 or something last time I checked...

Edited by myk

Okay fine, I received "her" the day I put in my order for the Aliens Dropship.

Needless to say, if my toy display case was indeed a "TOY STORY", all the toys would be living in endless fear of being replaced.

Snake is already collecting dust.

In good news, she's fun to touch. :p

Snake + Kusanagi = TOY Pr0n!

Edited by Spatula

I know it's 1/9, but that thing is HUGE, as I've seen it in stores. To have made this vehicle in 1/6 scale would have made it about as big as a Geo Metro; I think you guys should make an exception for this tank. And you know what? I think I'm going to go buy it...Being 135lbs I could probably drive that thing to work too...

Edited by myk

• 2 weeks later...

Well then, now since I do have my 1/6 Solid Snake and Kusanagi, why not share some pics?

Yeah I suck at using the digi cam, but this is my draft for now. I'll do another photo shoot this weekend when I'm more awake...

But ya know, I just got my dropship just tonight after finishing writing a stupid accounting test. Good thing it was bloody easy.

Without further adieu...

MEDICOM 1/6 SOLID SNAKE

post-3312-1138775083_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1138775090_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1138775100_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1138775112_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1138775122_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1138775130_thumb.jpg

TAKARA 1/6 KUSANAGI MOTOKO - NINJA VER

post-3312-1138775142_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1138775151_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1138775160_thumb.jpg