Valkyrie Girl

post-2615-1135564090_thumb.jpgpost-2615-1135564132_thumb.jpgpost-2615-1135564152_thumb.jpgpost-2615-1135564171_thumb.jpgpost-2615-1135564194_thumb.jpg

Just to start off, past couple months I've had some problems trying to access online so my apologies to those who have been trying to get hold of me. My thanks to Graham to getting me back up & running. Now on with the post...

It took me a couple weeks, couple hours a day Frankensteining/modifying two figures to make the VF girl. It stands approximately 5" tall with no moving parts. I tried to make it the same size & configuration as what the macross cm figures are. I haven't finished the back of the legs, I need to modify some black pieces, other than that it's done.

p.s. Merry Christmas

355067[/snapback]

hey Newbie, what did you use for the knee caps?

To answer your question on what I used for the knees - I moulded it out of plastic, filled up any blemishes & dents with epoxy, sanded it and grinded it, bored out the back to fit the knees and glued and painted.

Well done on the figure but it looks like you ran into some of the same problems that I did. I'm sure you noticed that the chest plate didnt fit very well, I'll give you a quick run down on what I did to fix this. On my figure I removed its chest - thats right I took her boobs off! This allows the chest plate to sit deeper into the figure. I also removed some more plastic from the inside of the chest plate with the dremel. Then I took the chest plate, warmed it up with the heat gun & bent it slightly over the handle of the tooling knife. This pushed the edges back, making her look like shes boobs again under the chest plate, thrusts back the shoulders & gives it a tighter look.

Because I cut the sides off the chest plate, the backpack & the wings were too large & too bulky to match the scale & made everything look disproportional to the front. So I removed all the parts that held the backpack together, cut the wing housing & cut down the center removing an equal amount of mass from the centre as to what I took off the front. (see pics) This reduced the width, giving the figure a more unified shape. Once I removed all the excess clips & removeable parts to the back of the backpack it flattened out enough to have everything fit together & appear functional & to scale. So I glued everything back together & thats it for the front & the back.

Glad to see someone else is working on one too - hopefully there's more out there!

Hope to see more posts & pics soon!

Cheers

post-2615-1136362043_thumb.jpgpost-2615-1136362070_thumb.jpgpost-2615-1136362086_thumb.jpgpost-2615-1136362106_thumb.jpgpost-2615-1136362031_thumb.jpg

Graham....that is just creepy...

I guess this means you are developing a Gashapon Fetish?!?

Rob

357629[/snapback]

If he really developes Gasapon-itous he will be broke inside a month, all those 300Y purchases hmmmmmmmmmm......

• 2 years later...

I tried doing what Solscud did with my CMs minmei and here's the super valk girl minmei that i made last year... really fast simple custom but i'm actually thinking of putting up for sale soon on ebay... anyways... here's my version...

1-31-08007.jpg

1-31-08003.jpg

1-31-08004.jpg

1-31-08005.jpg

1-31-08006.jpg

1-31-08013.jpg

If anyone is interested in this figure... i just put it up on Ebay... check it out here... Local pick up in socal is okay for any MW'ers

Valk Girl Minmay on Ebay!!

haha.... i have no idea how much this is worth but i guess not much....auction ends today... maybe i should have done some panel lining or something to make it look better....

anyways... i'm planning on making another one but with strike armor and i'll probably take the time to repaint the valk into Hikaru 1S colors... I have another CMs series 3 minmei i'm going to use but i wonder if any other figs might work for this....

i wish i had some extra series 4 minmei's to work with... haha... i wonder if i could try this with my series 2 misa... :lol:

That Minmay pic of Solscud's is starting to give me indecent thoughts about my plastic figures. Is that wrong? :p

Graham

"I'll not have my daughter entertaining troops on some warship!!!!!!!!!!"

What all fathers dread.

Kiririth, You can always stick Misa's head on Minmay's body and than borrow some other legs.

post-3784-1202684765_thumb.jpg

The Revoltech VF series are made of soft rubber as opposed to the hard plastic of the Banpesto and Toynami.

The fuselage is easily split and hollowed out to make the chest panel more conforming.

Dude! Nice cleavage! And great tip! I may have to try a revoltech cms mod too.

EDIT: BTW, how to the lower legs of the revoltech compare to minmei's lower legs? I mean will they fit, not are they sexyer?

Edited by miriya

Dude! Nice cleavage! And great tip! I may have to try a revoltech cms mod too.

EDIT: BTW, how to the lower legs of the revoltech compare to minmei's lower legs? I mean will they fit, not are they sexyer?

For the cleavage you need a sharp exacto knife and basically shave off the black trim on the top and then hour glass the bottom of the torso to match the lower legs.

I used a nail buffer and foam buffing block to polish the breasts and mid-section. These things are super fine and did an excellent job of removing paint and buffing out the knife marks.

The only parts that are glued are the chest panel, back assembly and the right hand to wrist. They are glued with five minute epoxy. Getting the chest panel to conform was a ..... but a good fit and wrap around is well worth the effort. Everything else is held together by friction. I cut the legs and arms to have pins that would fit in the holes for the revoltech joints.

I liked the revoltech because of the semi deformed gunpod, fast packs, and wing stores. I also thought about using the joints at the knees and elbows. This was not the case since the joints could not be hidden and were not flesh tone. The flexible rubber was just a added bonus.

The only painting was the inside of the backpack, dark gray, since the inside is white rubber after being cut leaving a gray border under the wings and the back of her half top to cover up some glue.

The legs look sexy and longer if cut below the knees but the end result of the arms leaves something to be desired. She looks like it has been a long performance and she can not wait to get out of her costume. But she is holding the gunpod in without glue and has a "Moon" guard feel.

The funny thing is working on this I had no worries cutting up the VF-1J, a more expensive toy, but when it came to Minmay that was when I was worried. :wacko:

Edit: Sorry about the strange motion effects and poor quality photos. New digital camera.

post-3784-1202849296_thumb.jpg

post-3784-1202849310_thumb.jpg

post-3784-1202849327_thumb.jpg

post-3784-1202849348_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fly4victory

OK, here is my almost finished Revoltech kitbash!

All the joints are still moveable so it is totally poseable.

I did have to do some major surgery so this version is a destructive edit but I am happy with the result.

Sure, not enough skin showing but Rei is so sexy and now much more kick ass!

I will be drilling small holes in the sides of her head to put the head cannons but did not have time or tools tonight.

Please enjoy the photos.

post-4840-1202972109_thumb.jpg

post-4840-1202972136_thumb.jpg

post-4840-1202972166_thumb.jpg

post-4840-1202972199_thumb.jpg

post-4840-1202972226_thumb.jpg

post-4840-1202972250_thumb.jpg

post-4840-1202972272_thumb.jpg

post-4840-1202972323_thumb.jpg

post-4840-1202972351_thumb.jpg

post-4840-1202972383_thumb.jpg

post-4840-1202972418_thumb.jpg

very nice idea... i like the idea of having a super poseable valk girl... haha... but i'm so cheap that i'm only willing to kitbash cheap CMs and banprestos.... thats like $40 worth of 2 figures now combined into 1...

haha... put together the leftover parts for the VF-1S and rei arms and legs... LoL....

That's cool miriya. Love how you used Rei, her suit blends her into the valk parts really well and having her poseable, very cool. Great custom. :)

Thanks!

very nice idea... i like the idea of having a super poseable valk girl... haha... but i'm so cheap that i'm only willing to kitbash cheap CMs and banprestos.... thats like $40 worth of 2 figures now combined into 1...

haha... put together the leftover parts for the VF-1S and rei arms and legs... LoL....

I know it is expensive but actually for me to get a CMS minmei and a banpresto, it is the same price! The thing that really got me was the amount of time it took to do the work! However it is my first customizing so maybe I was just naive about it. Also, I think the bug has got me but I do not have time right now to do much unfortunately.

I did try putting some leftover Rei parts on the VF-1S and it was DISTURBING! And I am not easily disturbed. I may have to finish it and post it just for shock value!

I am thinking that next I will do an asuka and paint the VF-1 parts red to match her plugsuit. What can I use to paint strip the paint off of the Revoltech and Fraulein figures that will not eat the vinyl? What kind of paint is it that they use?

Also, I was thinking to paintstrip a fraulein rei so that she is flesh colored, sand off the textures of her plugsuit so that she looks nude and then, of course put a bakini on her and then do a more fleshy valkgirl using the VF-1J. Hmmmm. Maybe. . .

Also, I was thinking to paintstrip a fraulein rei so that she is flesh colored, sand off the textures of her plugsuit so that she looks nude and then, of course put a bakini on her and then do a more fleshy valkgirl using the VF-1J. Hmmmm. Maybe. . .

I find this greatly DISTURBING....... do it quick and show some pics! :lol:

miriya, very nice kitbash! The colors go very well. Ought to put a skull & crossbone sticker somewhere...

I find this greatly DISTURBING....... do it quick and show some pics! :lol:

miriya, very nice kitbash! The colors go very well. Ought to put a skull & crossbone sticker somewhere...

Thanks. Skull and Crossbones is a good idea. The question is, where to put it? I am thinking either middle of chest just above breasts or on the crotch, not both.