Roy Focker Voice Actor Akira Kamiya Was A Special

Save

Kamiya Akira Japanese voice actor MACROSS's Roy Focker, CITY HUNTER's Saeba Ryo, MAISON IKKOKU's Mitaka Shun, was a special suprise guest at a gathering at my work last night :o ! Today I'm kicking myself in the butt because I went home before it started because I was tired. He even singed autographs for our students and depending on which of the voices he's done he would also sign them Roy Focker, or Ryo Saeba.

I knew I should have stayed when I saw the ice cest full of wine bottles, but no I was tired. :(

Didn't you get the memo, has a whole new meaning to me now!

Pics coming soon.

Edited by SaveRobotech

Proof if ever I needed it that I NEED to go and work for a decent company.

Our company wouldnt get a special guest they would be to worried that it might cost them money.

I bet you have perfected the art of kicking your own ass now..

Pic of one of one of the lucky students holding what should have been mine. Thats me next to him sulking.

roy2.jpg

roy.jpg

samurai_m, I work for one of Japan's largest privately owned film and computer animation schools know as Digital Hollywood. I was transferred here to Tokyo after closing the Los Angeles school back in May.

UN Spacy, Yeah I was so tired after a night of hunting Wolverines, gosh.

Keith, Nope nobody called me. Well most people know more about City Hunter than Macross. The gathering was for the new City Hunter spin off called Angel Heart, but the producer brought Akira Kamiya as a surprise so nobody knew until after it already started.

big F, I'll try to get pics of the gathering somebody is always taking pictures here. When Fortress_Maximus was here in Tokyo last month we had a school festival and Gonzo was here doing a presentation on their new film Agito, and Comics Wave had one on their CG Kaiju short film Negadon.

Yeah it's perfected, I'm not going to be able to sit for a month.

GOOD LORD! :o:o:o:o:o

Geez, Kamiya Akira was there?! :o I missed more of the cool stuff and people! Although I met him already I simply cannot get enough of his KENSHIRO "AA-TA!" battle cries. That and his "MOKKORI!" glee as Saeba Ryo. And who could forget his role as the badass Ashram from Lodoss Wars OVAs? :p

I feel your pain SR! :( Drat, I also so desperately want to meet TSUKASA HOJO too! *sigh*

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

• 2 weeks later...

don't you know...

never leave till the booze is all gone!

and then be glad you were a boyscout and have a 1/5th in the car waiting :rolleyes:

so ladies... still want to drink ;):lol: