Trailer For Dead Or Alive The Movie

I remember when a whole bunch of people on here were all ultra-pestimistic about Terminator 3 and Alien vs Predator, and it turned out that those movies weren't so bad after all.  I say we give it a chance... doubt it will be as bad as Street Fighter, Super Mario Bros., or Doom! :p  I think the movie has promise.

BTW, guess who's playing Bass Armstrong?  Hint... some know him as "Big Lazy"! :D

347556[/snapback]

After my previous comments I'm gonna go watch this movie, but not in the theater I think I'm gonna buy the bootlegs, which in the Philippines sells for little more than 50 cents. :ph34r:

Thats how i feel about this movie. It does'nt deserve a theater it deserves to go directly to bootleg/pirated CD's, where they can be bought cheap as hell. :angry:

Another point to bring up is that the entire "girls and guns" or "girls as heroes" concept is getting really old and ridiculous. I feel this way about live action and animated works, which is why I never bothered to watch Tomb-Raider, Charlie's Angels, Noir, Burst Angel, etc.

-To quote a legendary pilot from a dubbed anime: "Fighting? Don't be ridiculous-a woman is for LOVE, not for fighting!"

Well, I wasn't entirely honest about ignoring Noir, as I have the first 3 volumes somewhere. When it first came out, naturally I was drawn to the idea of a hot chick in a mini skirt traveling around the world killing people, unfortunately that's all I ever saw in those first 3 volumes. They get a note or a message, they go somewhere, Les Soldats sets a trap for them with hundreds of guys bearing nasty weapons (not unlike the DOA trailer), Mireille and Kirika pull out their little pistols and kill everything in sight without so much as missing a shot. Bo-ring...

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Noir to a degree as I even have Yamato's statue of Mireille, but the whole girls, guns, swords, hereos thing is just silly to me.

Well what about that other game that SNK has been working on, Neo Geo Battle Coliseum? Is that even out yet? I'm glad that Mai's in that one. I only wish that Mai's rendering looked like Capcom's version of her-that was too hot for t.v. Also, I'm glad to see characters like Cyber Woo from King of the Monsters in that game, as that will no doubt prove interesting...

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Noir to a degree as I even have Yamato's statue of Mireille, but the whole girls, guns, swords, hereos thing is just silly to me.

347630[/snapback]

I have this same thing with Kasumi from DOA, why I bought The 1/6 Kasumi

I have some artwork in my pics folder, but could care less about the game

Another point to bring up is that the entire "girls and guns" or "girls as heroes" concept is getting really old and ridiculous.

Kind of interesting you bring that up.

I find that network TV tends to pander to the ultra liberal feminist BS I see so much on TV now.

Network TV has to pander to the sponsors and their for profit feminist entitlement agenda.

Lemme guess: "Charmed" is on Network TV?

BTW we should have let THIS GUY do a DOA movie!

(Don't forget to read your job's internet use protocol, maybe NWS)

More

even More (click the Ascii figure below te image for the NOT WORK SAFE follow ups)

Edited by Nightbat

I was finally coerced into seeing the trailer. Well it was not at all good, in fact it was painfully bad, I'm really not certain how one would go about making a movie based on DOA to begin with. I never much cared for the games themselves, though, so yeah...

Edited by Radd

well myk you just didnt stay with noir long enough cause the story does pick up and get very good

347710[/snapback]

Alright, if you can assure me that the story goes beyond 2 cute girls with little guns killing cookie cutter bad guys that are armed with phased plasma rifles in a 40 watt range without so much as breaking a sweat, then I will finish Noir; staring at the collector's edition box with just 3 dvd's has always been an eyesore for me anyway.

As for DOA, Dead on Arrival, even fanboys have higher expectations for their fluff material and this......"work" fails in delivery.

I remember when a whole bunch of people on here were all ultra-pestimistic about ... Alien vs Predator, and it turned out that those movies weren't so bad after all. 

Umm....

347562[/snapback]

x2

and how can you say it looks like it has promise? it looks like a made for tv or straight to video movie, and none of it looked liek it made a damn lick of sense, since when woudl all the girls team up and all of them be using katanas? only kasumi and maybe ayane would, and since when were there armies of generic ninja in doa? and that part at the start of the trailer, wtf was that, i dont tihnk you could make them sound any ditzier

347582[/snapback]

Okay, just to better clarify myself, I think it has promise as an okay, Saturday afternoon action flick and nothing else. I'll probably see it once or twice and maybe get the DVD when it comes out if I enjoyed it enough in the theaters. Can't say the same for Doom which I saw once and will probably never see again and have no plans on getting that on home video...

Considering the main premise of this game is to have busty females pounding the crap out of each other and nothing more, I think some of you guys are putting some pretty high expectations on the movie adaption which isn't a super high budget production to begin with...

Ah, so they do exist. So, I'm guessing they are there for the sake of being there in the background while the focus is on the girls for the sake of silly fanboys? Sad.

347721[/snapback]

Don't you know anything about this game? The female characters in Dead or Alive have always been one of the biggest draws of this series. Obviously, the producers of this film are going to take that ball and run with it.

Considering the main premise of this game is to have busty females pounding the crap out of each other and nothing more, I think some of you guys are putting some pretty high expectations on the movie adaption which isn't a super high budget production to begin with...

347859[/snapback]

exactly, beating eachother in matches, not fighting an army of ninjas, why even call it doa if it has nothing to do with it other than names

Ah, so they do exist. So, I'm guessing they are there for the sake of being there in the background while the focus is on the girls for the sake of silly fanboys? Sad.

347721[/snapback]

Don't you know anything about this game? The female characters in Dead or Alive have always been one of the biggest draws of this series. Obviously, the producers of this film are going to take that ball and run with it.

347860[/snapback]

Yes, but I'm seeing a lack of cleavage and a similar lack of purple hair dye.

I could've sworn I saw a head of purple hair in that trailer. I could go back and check, but that would mean I would have to gouge out my remaining eye with my fork and that wouldn't be good.

In any case, as I said earlier it's as if producers that make movies like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, AvP, and Dead on Arrival are either ignorant or plainly don't care about what fans expect to see in their franchise's leap to the big screen. Taking the time to talk to 1 or 2 fanboys to get their input and then working that into the story would not be that difficult, and then we wouldn't have to have discussions such as this one...

Don't you know anything about this game?  The female characters in Dead or Alive have always been one of the biggest draws of this series.  Obviously, the producers of this film are going to take that ball and run with it.

347860[/snapback]

Actually, I do and I know the girls were the biggest draw for you silly boys. Still, if they meant for this film have the same effect, you'd think they could do better than that cast, no? If not at least try to balance things out some.

347859[/snapback]

exactly, beating eachother in matches, not fighting an army of ninjas, why even call it doa if it has nothing to do with it other than names

347864[/snapback]

Yes, it would improve the movie a bit if the girls were pounding each other instead of fighting mortal kombat/Ninja Turtle style cookie cutter goons.

They could stick their foot clan up their collective arses. :p

I saw purple hair in the trailer, just before I gouged out my eyes and slapped my ears until my eardrums popped to get rid of their dialogue and the music.

Kasumi and Ayane are supposed to be Japanese and have big boobs (a bit ironic since Japanese does not equal big boobs generally). So they got a flat chested asian girl, which is forgivable, and some white chick to play Ayane.

So they got a flat chested asian girl, which is forgivable

Or would have been, if they had bothered to cast a girl who was remotely attractive. Casting one of the fugliest "actresses" in Hollywood to play one of the hottest videogame ladies was simply an unforgivable offense. The movie simply as no redeeming elements at all.

So they got a flat chested asian girl, which is forgivable

Or would have been, if they had bothered to cast a girl who was remotely attractive. Casting one of the fugliest "actresses" in Hollywood to play one of the hottest videogame ladies was simply an unforgivable offense. The movie simply as no redeeming elements at all.

348016[/snapback]

I meant it was forgivable that they got a flast chested asian chick, since big boobied asians aren't easy to come by. I didn't mean that the actress they did choose was a good choice.

I agree, who they chose for Kasumi sucks. :p I didn't even watch 2F2F. It looked retarded.

That trailer was crap, but you guys have to be honest with yourselves. This is a game franchise known for buxom babes beating the crap out of each other and relaxing with some bikini-clad beach volleyball. Its not exactly Tolstoy, yunno?

348023[/snapback]

Teah. And if Tolstoy had big-breasted beach volleyball brawls, people mighjt actually READ.

I meant it was forgivable that they got a flast chested asian chick, since big boobied asians aren't easy to come by. 

348028[/snapback]

They're OUT there...

post-1069-1133229796.gif