Resident Evil 4

1 VF-1 2NV

I got it for the gamecube and I really don't wanna lay down the money to get the same game... Although I'll probably be picking up MGS3: <insert word here> so I might be getting this anyways..

But to be honest. I never finished the GC version. I liked it and all, but it got to the point where I knew it would be rediculously hard, and I just don't feel like playing it. hehe..

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, I just picked up the Premium Edition a few hours ago, now I have to wait 6 hours before I get home to play it.

340224[/snapback]

what's the premium edition look like? :huh:

Waiting for the price to go down a little  ;)

Glad to see it going to the PS2 though, didn't want to pick up a GC just for that game

342785[/snapback]

There's several other good 'Cube games too. Besides, it's cheap enough.

'S kinda annoying, though. 'Cube version of RE4 looks better, but the PS2 version has exclusive something additions.

Doubly annoying for the people that BELIEVED Capcom when they said it was a 'Cube-exclusive and wouldn't appear on anything else. If they want the new stuff, they have to buy the game twice(I hate it when game companies do that).

I thought it was established by Capcom that this will eventually make it to the PS2 and other platforms? What they mean by "exclusive" is only for a certain period. That's what i read yonks ago anyway.

I got the PS2 game. Its not as nice lookin as the GC version (that i saw from trailers) but other than that, this game rocks. Its now a pure 3rd person mode instead of the annoying static camera in between rooms. Zombies have hit spots where you shoot them in different places, they react differently. Fire them in the knee, they kneel in "pain" and shoot them in the face they reel back stunned, giving u a chance to kick them to the floor. Shoot them in the legs/feet will make them fall to the ground on their face, especially when they're running towards you. If you aim at the zombie's head, they tend to crouch or strafe causing you to lose target and lose precious nano-seconds before one of them stabs you.

The game plays more of an action game than a survival horror IMHO, but it does get its freaky moments, especially in the village when all you have is a pistol, and the whole horde's after you. You run into a house and barricade yourself in thinking you're safe but then comes a chainsaw man who chainsaws your barricade. You run upstairs and try to defend from upstairs thinking the stairs is the only way up...but wtf....zombies are putting up ladders on to the windows and pouring in from all sides and chainsaw guy is coming up the stairs......you're f***ed. Similar scenario happens when you have to defend a house from zombies with an AI controlled ally. Real exciting stuff, gunning them all down, but they keep coming.

I finished it in 20 hours....real good stuff. Probably can finish faster if I read a faq or something but decided to play it fair. And I finished the Ada misssions too which are unlocked when you finish the game for the 1s time. Nice extras since it tells the story from Ada's point of view. Oh yeah...i just have to say it, ADA WONG'S HOTT!! w00ts!

*cough*

Anybody know how to get that energy gun thingy that Leon uses in the opening trailer?

Yes, I just picked up the Premium Edition a few hours ago, now I have to wait 6 hours before I get home to play it.

340224[/snapback]

what's the premium edition look like? :huh:

342724[/snapback]

It comes in a tin case, which still folds open like a regular DVD plastic case and the inside is plastic.

Inside you'll find a Brady prologue guide that's really a plot summary for the other RE games printed in color with some CG game art (unlike Capcom USA's cheaply produced B&W manuals), a serially numbered Ada Wong laser cel with certificate of authenticity (limited to 60,100 pieces), and a making-of DVD that's only about 5-10 miniutes long and half-stacked below the game disc. There are 2 ring holders for the DVDs inside the case, instead of a separate plate for the 2nd disc as in most dual-DVD cases - this makes disc removal a pain in the ass and also worries me that the disc on top might get scratched/damaged.

In the last photo you'll see the pre-order bonus figure of Ada from GameCrazy. I did not pre-order my copy but they had enough to go around. GameStop has the Leon figure.

Edit: Errr... first photo I guess... Last In First Out for attached files at MW. :p

post-677-1131418019_thumb.jpg

post-677-1131418080_thumb.jpg

post-677-1131418132_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jolly Rogers

In the last photo you'll see the pre-order bonus figure of Ada from GameCrazy.  I did not pre-order my copy but they had enough to go around.  GameStop has the Leon figure.

so what you're syaing is Gamestop sucks?

343131[/snapback]

I don't need to state the obvious. :lol:

They had the "preorder bonus figure" mentioned on their website but there was no detail on what it is or its puny size. I had to go to a few stores and call around before I found out they only got the Leon figure (in RE2 RPD uniform no less) as a store exclusive. Friggin' waste of my time and gas money. All they were worried about is getting me to pay the pre-order deposit, a subscription to their Game Informer rag and sell them my collection at giveaway prices.

Edited by Jolly Rogers

Hey Jolly Rogers, is that Ada Figure by any chance the same as the NECA ones? I planning to get the Ada one but have no real pictures of it out of packaging. The one you got looks small and kinda crappy. :p

Hey Jolly Rogers, is that Ada Figure by any chance the same as the NECA ones? I planning to get the Ada one but have no real pictures of it out of packaging. The one you got looks small and kinda crappy. :p

343185[/snapback]

It is made by NECA but not the one known as the NECA figure. This freebie is only 3" and fits into your palm easily.

i just got done playing a little of the ps2 version (i have the gc version), the ps2 version just looks weak in comparison....i feel like it's lagging in certain tight spots. am i just crazy or what <_<

343176[/snapback]

The game was built around the 'Cube, and the 'Cube's got more power than the PS2 in several areas.

They had to dumb the graphics down signifigantly to even make the port doable, and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if there was still a tad of slowdown lurking.

I bout the game a few days after release since it was sold out at some Best Buys here. I love the RE games and after buying the two Game Cube RE games and borrowing a GameCube to play them was looking forward to the PS2 versions. I dig the game a lot, still wish that the villagers were zombies instead. The only thing that I wish was included was a side-step or strafing action, just moving the character around with the analog button and the right analog to control the view makes me dizzy at times.

I bout the game a few days after release since it was sold out at some Best Buys here. I love the RE games and after buying the two Game Cube RE games and borrowing a GameCube to play them was looking forward to the PS2 versions. I dig the game a lot, still wish that the villagers were zombies instead. The only thing that I wish was included was a side-step or strafing action, just moving the character around with the analog button and the right analog to control the view makes me dizzy at times.

343361[/snapback]

I like to be able to side step too, but it will either make the game too easy (unless the zombies can move faster) or the gameplay will just end up like any other FPS games. I think that's probably why CAPCOM leave the game this way.

I'm playing mercenaries mini game now....dayammmm Krauser rox. Reminds me of Rambo. ;)

Game's really action packed. Running around killing zombies in combos and chainsaw sisters are really scary things.