Yamato VF-1A CF custom...

promethuem5

Hi all,

This is my first Yamato 1/48 custom. It's my Cannon Fodder.... my name on the pilot markings, and one of my two reserved numbers (518, hopefully 042 will be comming sometime soon :lol:) I used Anasazi's decals, a paint I mixed up for the panel lines, and black and dark silver acrylics. That's it... How do you guys think it stacks up?

PROMETHEUM5-VF-1A_Fighter_mode.jpg

PROMETHEUM5-VF-1A_GERWALK_mode.jpg

PROMETHEUM5-VF-1A_Battroid_mode.jpg

Alot of the white is weathered.... but on parts like the upper arms, I figured that they aren't exposed in fighter mode, which is where the Valk spends most of its time, so they wouldn't be as dirty. The legs and stuff tho have some, altho I concentrated the most on the wings and fusalage.

Ooooh, you're right. I completly forgot that the 3-cluster missiles have red tips... thanks for catching that.

And as for decommission, I always figured that any CFs who survive a battle are gonna look like hell anyways... and not have much time to repair before being redeployed.

Yes the nosecone and top of the legs in fighter mode are where I was referring to. (Seen prominently white in the top left photo) I still think it is a wonderful job and better than any I could do.

Edited by VF-ZX2

Well, I was looking at Kurt's when working on mine, and that one model kit of th real beat up CF that someone posted...forget who, sorry, so it did end up pretty beat up, but intentionally. Maybe for my next custom I'll actually do some physical work... dunno how well to do that tho.

Ooooh, you're right.  I completly forgot that the 3-cluster missiles have red tips... thanks for catching that.

And as for decommission, I always figured that any CFs who survive a battle are gonna look like hell anyways... and not have much time to repair before being redeployed.

337467[/snapback]

or a decent scrubbing. :p

The idea was more dirty than actually damaged... exhast scorching and a few nicks and whatnot..nothing big. I did the missiles tips but don't have a pic of it yet... I will touch up the nose cone and leg backs first and then post up a few more pics I think... kinda cranky right now about other stuff. And no GF either, so don't have to worry about that one. :lol:

I am impressed. I have been working on my CF since I got it a few weeks back. No where near being done, but if it turns out half as good as yours, I am going to be a very happy man.

I would like to see some more pics when you get the reds painted on the missile tips. A little detail, but I am sure it will add a lot of life to this already wonderful custom!

Can you share your meathods of the exhaust blast marks? I think they look sweet. The weathering on the wing tips are amazing as well. Share some of your secrets!

I should have mine done soon. I will post pics here when I do.

Thanks for sharing! It looks amazing. Even my GF thinks so.

I have a question where do you get the pen to detail the lines that Yamato forgot to do on my 1A's head? It is missing some detail plus I like to customize my missles as well, red tip and black lines.

Bryan: I took black paint and a slightly beat up natural bristle brush, and caught the brush on the edges so that it sorta flicked over the surface, giving it the conical pattern with some stray edges...kinda hard to describe.

VF-18S: No pens here. I did all the lines with a mixed up super dark grey paint/balck ink mix, painted them in with a synthetic brush, and used a cloth to wipe away any excess towards the tail so it would just add to the weathering.