Macross TV Dub

Pat Payne

I have!

I've got mine too

Vinnie has too, I'm too broke to get one....lol

I got mine on the 16th and I'm in Iraq. God bless Amazon.com and the USPS. "Neither rain, nor snow, nor even hail of shrapnel from an EFP...or something like that."

All I have to say about this volume is: Why AnimeFiend? Virgin Road is such a key episode! Although having watched this now as an 24 year old. I can kind of see why Max and Millia's marriage is in shambles in Macross 7. Kind of reminds me of servicemen who have whirlwind romances with local nationals, marry them, bring them back to the states, and then things fall apart.

I got mine on the 16th and I'm in Iraq. God bless Amazon.com and the USPS. "Neither rain, nor snow, nor even hail of shrapnel from an EFP...or something like that."

All I have to say about this volume is: Why AnimeFiend? Virgin Road is such a key episode! Although having watched this now as an 24 year old. I can kind of see why Max and Millia's marriage is in shambles in Macross 7. Kind of reminds me of servicemen who have whirlwind romances with local nationals, marry them, bring them back to the states, and then things fall apart.

I'd love to know the reason that they didn't have Ishiguro-sensei and the rest of the "A-team" of animators work on that ep myself. It is an extremely important episode (but since the two following eps are easily as important, maybe time constraints required AnimeFraud to get involved) and one that deserved better.

As for Max and Millia's marraige faling apart, I wonder if she knew that Max was catting around on her (he did have a illigitimate child some time after the series as shown in Macross 7 Trash). Hell hath no fury like a Meltrandi scorned -- although if it WERE that, I'm surprised she didn't re-macronize herself and get to work on him with her Queadlunn... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::p:p

Anyway, stay safe, Vinnie, and many thanks for the job you and the other troops are doing there.

Edited by Pat Payne

The illegitimate child thing was just a rumor in the TRASH manga, he wasn't actually Max's son. Just as there's no real evidence that Max was ever fooling around on Milia. The official explanation for their strained relationship was conflicting ranks, Milia wanted to be equal to, not ranked under Max, so she left the Military & took the highest civillian position she could find, i.e. Mayor. And the conflicts of the two positions is what put the distance between them.

The illegitimate child thing was just a rumor in the TRASH manga, he wasn't actually Max's son. Just as there's no real evidence that Max was ever fooling around on Milia. The official explanation for their strained relationship was conflicting ranks, Milia wanted to be equal to, not ranked under Max, so she left the Military & took the highest civillian position she could find, i.e. Mayor. And the conflicts of the two positions is what put the distance between them.

Okay, I originally thought their problems stemmed from their careers. Glad the expert has clarified the situation. Everything's okay now. I still think Macross 7 is boring, but I don't hate it. Woo-boy! I was pretty terrified there for a minute. Max is my image of the ideal-soldier, and all around swell guy. The thought of him being a womanizer just about ruined my day.

Okay, I originally thought their problems stemmed from their careers. Glad the expert has clarified the situation. Everything's okay now. I still think Macross 7 is boring, but I don't hate it. Woo-boy! I was pretty terrified there for a minute. Max is my image of the ideal-soldier, and all around swell guy. The thought of him being a womanizer just about ruined my day.

Sorry 'bout the error...I had read a bit of the TRASH manga and came to the wrong conclusion. :unsure:

I get mine from Amazon.com.

Just curious where everyone is getting Volume 5 at. Best Buy has had V5 online for ordering for two weeks now, but for what ever reason not a single copy is going out to the retail stores.

The Best Buy near me is no longer carrying Macross. They only got one of Vol. 4 and a friend of mine picked it up. I called to see if they were getting more in and was told it was discontinued. I went there to see if Vol. 5 was in and nothing on the shelf, so I ordered it someplace else. Looks like Best Buy is only selling it online.

• 1 month later...

Volume 6 is now out. I snagged mine at Suncoast on Sunday; combination of it being on sale for $19.95 and my 10% discount I got it after tax for a grand total of $19.25. Ironically, I still don't have Volume 5 yet! :p Never showed up at Best Buy and never saw it at Suncoast. Probably order it online this week.

Damn! Volume 6 is out already so soon after Volume 5?! I have to go buy it tomorrow.

By the way, the local Best Buy here doesnt carry Macross DVDs either. Best Buy carried the first 2 but after that never saw volumes 3 through 5 there. So I pick up my Macross DVDs now at a local hole in the wall anime shop in the mall. Hopefully they will have Volume 6 when I go tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

Looks like this will be the last time to resurrect this thread, but I just wanted to mention the the 7th and last volume of ADV's Macross DVD release came out this week. Unfortunately chains like Best Buy which were physically selling the first several volumes at their stores are still only selling this volume online. I'll probably order it online again, but if I can get it at Suncoast for $20 or less (like I did for volume 6), I'll go that route.

I haven't had the chance to watch the full set beyond the first two discs. What is everyone's final take at ADV's presentation of Macross on ADV? The one thing I really liked were some of the extras namely Mari's interviews and the interviews with one of the ADV producers which went into explaining some of the cultural references and inside jokes and stuff you would see in the show.

• 2 weeks later...

Take a look at this thread everybody.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...20965&st=20

As for the split of Max and Millia I never saw why they split in the series. It never was explored. Everything is speculation. Just like in the end on how some people think they got back. All I saw in the end was them exchanging looks while each is sitting in the VF-22's. It didn't really show them "getting back together."

I think the "Fleet of the Strongest Women" episode, where they kiss implies that they will eventually get back together since they both feel a spark. Although it's been years since I saw it so it's not so clear in my memory.

EDIT -- Nyaha! http://youtube.com/watch?v=6QmrtQqJrG0

Edited by Renato

Anyone hear the fan commentary on Volume 5?

Kinda interesting that Matt Greenfield wants to release ALL of the Macross series' in the US. VERY nice to hear that each of the series were mentioned in one form or the other.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

1) I'm looking for ADV volume 2, 3 and 5. I'm going back to LA on Jan.31. Where can I find them?

2) Has there really been a release of the Complete Boxset of the ADV (volume 1-7)? Or was it actually a Volume 1 with a Box that was mistaken to be a complete set?

Thanks!!

Hello everyone.

1) I'm looking for ADV volume 2, 3 and 5. I'm going back to LA on Jan.31. Where can I find them?

2) Has there really been a release of the Complete Boxset of the ADV (volume 1-7)? Or was it actually a Volume 1 with a Box that was mistaken to be a complete set?

Thanks!!

Do yourself a favor and get the Animego set.

It totally rocks!

Strangely enough, I haven't been able to bring myself to even finish the first volume of the ADV release. I've picked them all up, but haven't progressed in literally a year...

I finally got Volume 7 last weekend. I myself got as far as Volume 2 last spring and haven't finished up the rest of the set. Just way too much going on in my life this past year. Hopefully I'll tackle the ADV Macross set along with the Gatchaman DVD set sometime on the months ahead. :)

Best Buy, Fry's, Circuit City, internet.

Thanks! I already checked Best Buy and Circuit City (in Lawndale), Fry's (Manhattan Beach), also checked suncoast in South Bay: where I got Volume 1box, 4, 6 and 7. I have never tried buying over the net. and I'll just be staying over night in LA on Jan31-Feb1. :( Still looking for Volume 2, 3 and 5.

Repeating my second question:

2) Has there REALLY been a release of the Complete Boxset of the ADV (volume 1-7)? Or was it actually a Volume 1 with a Box that was mistaken to be a complete set?

Thanks!!