What's a 2nd Edition YF-19 worth?

Qrusader

$150 - $200 depending on the state

c9+ is incredibly rare wich make's em expensive for a collector's issue rather than anything else.

Hard to find one now if ya ask me man.. but you can grab a vf-19a and custom it. they're around $80

I say wait a few months, the new resculpt will blow the old one out of the water. I have seen the model its based on, it was in an issue of model japan I think, *Note* I said the model it will be based on not a proto of the toy itself, only Graham has seen that. Anyway if the model is any indication of what the resculpt will be it will be well worth the wait.

Edited by GobotFool

Yeah I was disapointed with the sculpt in fighter mode (though Battroid is cool sans the torso locking mechanism - or rather the lack thereof) of the VF-19A. QC was worst of any Yamato I own (7 Valks). I still like the design better than my Bandai VF-19 Kai (and the bootleg blazer and fire valks). And with the YF-21, makes me wish Yamato had done a full VF-X2 complete with VF-17 D/S and VF-22 (would be sooo soo easy for the latter). Ah well. ;)

That said, I have high hopes for the YF-19FP.

yeah, I'd say about the same price as everybody has quoted. If you plan on buying one, I'd say take gobotfool's advice and wait till the new one comes out with the fastpacks. That one is going to be beautiful!! :p:D:lol:

Ditto. I'd like to see a VF-5000 Star Mirage, though, personally.... probably one of my favorite Valks... that and the VF-3000 Crusader....

Frankly, I'd like to see Hasegawa put out a VF-11B Thunderbolt kit, tho....

These things usually go for 90-120 $US. One very similar to yours ended recently for just over one hundred. Have a look.

Boxes around C-8 or higher go for more, but they usually top out at about 150 $US.

Edited by gnollman

That box looks pretty beat-up, probably why it sold for that much.

My advice is to sell it now (if that's your intent) before the new 19 arrives. Just look at how fast the original Taka's dropped in price as soon as the Bandai reissues were announced. They sold for even less after they hit the shelves.

Good luck with that :)

My advice is to sell it now (if that's your intent) before the new 19 arrives. Just look at how fast the original Taka's dropped in price as soon as the Bandai reissues were announced. They sold for even less after they hit the shelves.

Actually selling a ver.2 YF19 wouldn't be a good idea right now. There is a big difference between the Bandai reissues in that they are the same mold. Who knows, maybe Yamato will not go with diecast this time or maybe the new toy will have some problems. Out of all the original Mac+ lineup the YF19 will be the only one not reissued (in the same mold) so that could bring prices up in the long term.

2nd edition... the one with the blue vfx paint scheme that I love???

I traded a higlander sword with a dinged scabbard for my first one. I got my second [now sold to a friend] MIB with a MIB 21 for $130. [my friend broke the canopy removing it from box :blink: ]. It's my favorite paint sceme valk and one of the nicest toys I've ever played with, but I couldn't justify paying over $100 for one :unsure:

Well the 19 I have is the first valk I ever got, so I would not be able to part with it. It means to much to me to sell it.

Hey! My very first Macross valk was a YF-19 also! I don't know if it is a 1.5 or 2.0 ver though. In either case, I spent a LOT of $$$ on it, and I'm keeping it. :D

Although, I'm VERY excited about the new FP YF-19.

2nd edition... the one with the blue vfx paint scheme that I love???

No the 2nd edition is in the macross plus color scheme and is almost the same as the version 1 except with a couple fixes (that damned tab-b doesn't break so easy). It also doesn't have diecast shoulders. The box actually has a little orange sticker on it that says 2nd edition. I'm not too sure about the ver 1.5. I believe they were ver 1 YF-19s that were fixed in the middle of production. They do not have the sticker on their box. The blue vfx VF-19 is considered the 3rd edition as it has many improvements over all the others. I love both my 2nd edition and my blue 19 (except I broke my canopy too), although I'm sure the new sucker's gonna blow both of them outta the water. Oh and I paid $120 for my 2nd edition last year.

-r9k

1066831324654_Yamato_YF_19.jpg

I absolutely love my Yamato YF-19 despite all its flaws. I prefer this toy's battroid mode over its fighter mode, so I treat it as if it is non-transformable, much like my Hi-Metal L-Gaim and SOC EVA-01. This way, I can keep the paint from chipping, ensure the joints always stay tight, and not worry about the infamous "tab-B". I figure the new YF-19 sculpt will be the one that I will constantly transform and play with, but the ver.1 YF-19 will always be special to me as it was my first Yamato and I doubt there will be another YF-19 (or any other Macross toys) with as much diecast metal.

Several?!

one of my favorite pictures I've saved off this site...

I didn't add the words but I do appreciate the pictures title :lol:

It also serves as justification for some of my multiples :rolleyes:

I was thinking of posting it in the new collections thread, but graham can cross link it if desired.

Sephiroth-

I was considering selling mine, too. I just never transform it, but I think it looks great in Battroid mode.

Graham-

That's exactly what I was looking for...an estimate of sale price. Thank you. But after reading Sephiroth's post, and seeing his displayed, it made me unbox the YF-19 again and set it out for display. No ebay anytime soon...

Thanks again, everyone.