My Thoughts On Macross 7

DeathHammer

Singing skill had nothing to do with generating Anima Spiritia, nor did singing in general. It was purely passion based. If one person put enough genuine passion into something, then they too would be able to generate it. That was the whole point of Minmay's singing being innefectual against Kamujin & Laplamiz, because she

Macross 7 shows no evidence at all that Anima Spiritia is not heavily connected to singing.

The rest is just nothing but retroactively shoehorning Macross 7 themes back into Macross where they had no place. No thanks.

324126[/snapback]

Veffidas generated anima spiritia at the end with her drumming. Anima spiritia has nothing to do with singing. It has to do with passion. As Basara puts it, "It's the burning heart of passion." If you are passionate about something and pour your heart and soul into it, you can generate anima spiritia. It isn't actually anything special in the sense that everyone can do it, but we lack the passion to do so. Basara was the only who who had a high enough level to make a difference.

Somehow I don't think passion is weakness.

vinnie

5. REDICULOUS ENEMIES

You mis-spelled ridiculous. Just FYI.

324243[/snapback]

Nope, thats the new way to spell it. Maybe you didn't get the memo explaining if I do something different, than thats just the way it is forever. I'm the trend setter baby.

vinnie

324232[/snapback]

:lol:

324240[/snapback]

*wonders how much anima spiritia AgentONE generates with his self-passion*

on second thought, I'm actually not that curious.

vinnie

324244[/snapback]

You say the cutest things.. You remind me of a chick I used to hump in the church parkinglot after class in High School.

vinnie

324232[/snapback]

:lol:

324240[/snapback]

*wonders how much anima spiritia AgentONE generates with his self-passion*

on second thought, I'm actually not that curious.

vinnie

324244[/snapback]

It probably involves nudity as well....and I know there is a policy of appropriate attire around here...especially the part about pants. :p

Edited by azrael

I dont see anything wrong with mylenes VF-11. If a 16 year old girl designed a valkyrie thats what it would look like.

324252[/snapback]

If a 4 year old designed a TV show M7 is what it would look like.

You say the cutest things..  You remind me of a chick I used to hump in the church parkinglot after class in High School.

324249[/snapback]

Dude, if I remind you of the kinds of chicks you date, all I can say is you have awful taste in women. :blink: Then again I recall you have a thing for doorknobs, so I guess you're not too picky.

Besides I thought AgentONE doesn't believe in calling women chicks?

vinnie

You say the cutest things..  You remind me of a chick I used to hump in the church parkinglot after class in High School.

324249[/snapback]

Dude, if I remind you of the kinds of chicks you date, all I can say is you have awful taste in women. :blink: Then again I recall you have a thing for doorknobs, so I guess you're not too picky.

vinnie

324259[/snapback]

High Schools don't have women... Looks like you hang on my every word... Flattering.

324249[/snapback]

vinnie

324259[/snapback]

High Schools don't have women... Looks like you hang on my every word... Flattering.

324267[/snapback]

Fine, you have bad taste in girls. And it's Jemstone's words that I remember. Very opinionated, she is. I happen to like that.

I should mention that I have near photographic memory. Age is taking it's toll though. Starting to show lapses in details every now and then.

vinnie

5. REDICULOUS ENEMIES

You mis-spelled ridiculous. Just FYI.

324243[/snapback]

Nope, thats the new way to spell it. Maybe you didn't get the memo explaining if I do something different, than thats just the way it is forever. I'm the trend setter baby.

324248[/snapback]

Oh, okay.

Thank you for informing me, as the memo did in fact get lost before it reached me.

3. STUPID DESIGNS, MACHINES WITH BOOBS AND FACES

The designs are so retarded I could scream. I mean seriously, the teenage girl gets a pink fighter plane with boobs. Some of the other fighters have actual faces. What the fu(k? If this show were called "Fruits in Space" or something, I guess I could handle this, but its called Macross. A show that gets affiliated with DYRL, and the machines with faces and boobs have no place next to a work of art like DYRL.

324204[/snapback]

While I do find that the soundforce valk designs a little... off, but I have yet to hear your thoughts on some of the other NON CLOWN FACED valks like the Diamond Force VF-19s, the stealth VF-17s, and of course the Full Armor VF-11C. Even you have to admit that the Full Armor VF-11C is a nice looking machine. Unless that is that you simply hate all the afor metioned valks simply because they are associated with Mac7.

Edited by Flaming Guantlet

But I think I'd have to answer "No" for the casual anime fan. There are other series out there, animation and live action, that are more compelling and better constructed.

323775[/snapback]

I'd have to say "relative worth" has been my postion on Macross 7 for quite some time. Though I'm far from the casual anime fan, I'd have to agree that there is simply more material out there far more worthy of viewing. Macross 7's meager contribution to the franchise is the offer of more Macross to fans starved for it.

As has become the custom, a cut and paste will suffice:

I've seen the first dozen episodes of Macross 7 and all four episodes of Macross 7 Dynamite. Having seen everything else Macross, I invest no effort to watch any more Macross 7 or related spin-offs for various reasons, all of which can be reduced to one word that describes Macross 7 in my eyes; forgettable.

I tend to view art (Macross 7 is art, despite the controversy) in terms of its value in either one of two categories:

Art that entertains relative to the state of the medium

Art that contributes to the expansion and exploration of the medium to which it belongs

Everything I watch can be measured by the success achieved in those two categories. It's a simple system that allows me to enjoy something silly, yet highly entertaining or enjoy other works more provocative and existential.

Macross 7 is a work which offers insignificant value to me relative to the genre, the medium, or other works of entertainment or art. As such, Macross 7 becomes banal and is easily dismissed in favour of much more promising works that are more deserving of time and attention by the critical eye. Examining Macross 7 in great detail may ease the minds of those defending their adoration for the series, but the truth is Macross 7 is undeserving of such scrutiny and the vehemence of fans does little to persuade non-fans of its worth. As a piece of entertainment or art, Macross 7 succeeds only in as much as it can entice and maintain the interest of the viewer. As a viewer, I remain uninspired by Macross 7 and I'm unimpressed by what little it has to offer me or my love for entertainment and art.

3. STUPID DESIGNS, MACHINES WITH BOOBS AND FACES

The designs are so retarded I could scream. I mean seriously, the teenage girl gets a pink fighter plane with boobs. Some of the other fighters have actual faces. What the fu(k? If this show were called "Fruits in Space" or something, I guess I could handle this, but its called Macross. A show that gets affiliated with DYRL, and the machines with faces and boobs have no place next to a work of art like DYRL.

324204[/snapback]

While I do find that the soundforce valk designs a little... off, but I have yet to hear your thoughts on some of the other NON CLOWN FACED valks like the Diamond Force VF-19s, the stealth VF-17s, and of course the Full Armor VF-11C. Even you have to admit that the Full Armor VF-11C is a nice looking machine. Unless that is that you simply hate all the afor metioned valks simply because they are associated with Mac7.

324307[/snapback]

The 11 and the 17 were ok, especially the 11.

Roy won't have a problem with my feelings on M7 as he has never complained about the following review before and I have posted it a few times:

I HATE Macross7 enough to actually murder someone over it.

Are you sure anyways I don't recall posting a Warning on that anyone who makes a childish bash post after this warning will be banned for 3 days either. I don't like to when people come to a conclusion of my thoughts on post when I have hardly said anything. Saying nothing doesn't mean that I do not have a problem with it. I guess for you that topic is the best you can do. Still a lot of it is pretty childish. You could have least changed the choice of adjective used.

Looking at the following posts I see you went to your old ways which seems to be a lot about you.

Since you are indeed special and deserve special treatment or is that special education? I'll give you a choice. A ban from all Macross 7 topics (because sometimes we need a break about talking about you) or 3 Days away from the forum in switch you return, leaving your third testicle at home when you talk about Macross 7.

:ph34r:

Roy won't have a problem with my feelings on M7 as he has never complained about the following review before and I have posted it a few times:

I HATE Macross7 enough to actually murder someone over it.

Are you sure anyways I don't recall posting a Warning on that anyone who makes a childish bash post after this warning will be banned for 3 days either. I don't like to when people come to a conclusion of my thoughts on post when I have hardly said anything. Saying nothing doesn't mean that I do not have a problem with it. I guess for you that topic is the best you can do. Still a lot of it is pretty childish. You could have least changed the choice of adjective used.

Looking at the following posts I see you went to your old ways which seems to be a lot about you.

Since you are indeed special and deserve special treatment or is that special education? I'll give you a choice. A ban from all Macross 7 topics (because sometimes we need a break about talking about you) or 3 Days away from the forum in switch you return, leaving your third testicle at home when you talk about Macross 7.

:ph34r:

324498[/snapback]

Which adjectives specifically? I thought I was pretty carefull to not be hurtfull in my opinions of M7... And whats this about me posting about myself!?? When did you say I couldn't do that? Besides I am not the one who brought it up. How about I just leave M7 alone for a while? I'd say at this point everyone knows my opinion on the subject.

You know what ? The only Macross related anime I've viewed so far are Robotech when I was young and Macross zero now. What did I miss? What should I see ? :p

You know what ? The only Macross related anime I've viewed so far are Robotech when I was young and Macross zero now. What did I miss? What should I see ? :p

324527[/snapback]

This ain't the thread for this question. Use the newb thread.

I did not feel like starting a new topic for that but thanks for the advice ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Another Macross 7 thread?

Geez, how many of these do you guys go through in a week?

This argument about M7 is worse than the energizer bunny, it just keeps on going, and going, and going, and going....................................

Though I am forced to agree with Deathhammer. He makes very good points about the series. But he forgot one element that I have found turns every American adult anime fan I know, completely off.

The similarity between this;

vf11kcolor.gif

and this;

bios_card_starscream.jpg

You guys know the song;

"Transformers! More than meets the eye!

Transformers! Robots in Disguise!"

The embarassment of being the center of "Basarius-Prime" jokes and "Soundobot" jibes gets old after a spell. I must admit, the Soundforce mecha, with their "faces", boobs, and very human forms, resemble the transformers a great deal. I sometimes ask myself WTF was Kawamori thinking?

Another Macross 7 thread?

Geez, how many of these do you guys go through in a week?

This argument about M7 is worse than the energizer bunny, it just keeps on going, and going, and going, and going....................................

Though I am forced to agree with Deathhammer.  He makes very good points about the series.  But he forgot one element that I have found turns every American adult anime fan I know, completely off.

The similarity between this;

vf11kcolor.gif

and this;

bios_card_starscream.jpg

You guys know the song;

"Transformers! More than meets the eye!

Transformers!  Robots in Disguise!"

The embarassment of being the center of "Basarius-Prime" jokes and "Soundobot" jibes gets old after a spell.  I must admit, the Soundforce mecha, with their "faces", boobs, and very human forms, resemble the transformers a great deal.  I sometimes ask myself WTF was Kawamori thinking?

331168[/snapback]

On the other hand...

destiny4koma001.jpg