VF-X2 US DEMO

VT 1010

I remember reading there was a demo of the US VF-X2 on the disk that came with an old issue of Official Playstation magazine. Does anybody know which one? There are some demo disks in the torrent section of Emuparadise.org. If not on any of those disks, maybe we could request a torrent of the right one.

No, we didn't get the VF-5000, we were supposed to in the final release version, but obviously that never came about. There was a special Japanese promotional level of the game that you had to send stuff away for (ask Graham, I know he was able to get it) that was the only version of VFX-2 to actually feature the VF-5000.

I have it somewhere. Had a long running challenge with a friend for the fasest time record. My mom asked me to explain an message on the answering machine when he called to brag about beating me, but i finally won. I think your in the YF-19 and its facing several fighters and in the end you face the Ghost X-9. There were 2 diff. settings the second one gave you 2 VF-11's as boss challenges before the Ghost, in regular its one. I got quite good and could fly between the Itano Cirus the other fighters lauched at you. Why bothered shooting them down.

Cruel Angel's Thesis

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, OPM disk 22 is now up on you send it. There are five different rar files you have to download.

YSI links:

1) http://s27.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=102I3BY...VK032BBOZENYZNU

2) http://s27.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3UA32QY...7X35QV93136X2JN

3) http://s27.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1CHK06L...1F3JTSX75QLLV9M

4) http://s27.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3UVIZAB...SV2G1VSCY2CP9HA

5) http://s27.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1VAML1C...U43IYX5DYBU33AZ

The guy at emuparidise had problems uploading 23, so I'm not sure when it will be available. I'll let you know when it is released.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In the Japanese demo disk that comes with the PS1 DYRL game you can pilot either a cannon fodder VF-1A, or Iron Chief's VF-11.

In the US Demo you only pilot the Iron Cheif's VF-11, battle some drones, duke it out with two other VF-11's than go against a Ghost X-9.

I've got the disk, back when I was a sophmore I was talking to a kid who had just moved to the neighborhood during lunch and told him about Macross. He said he had some game that was called Macross so after school I went to his place, and sure enough that's when I found out VFX-2 was coming to the states till it got canceled near christmas.

I was VERY pissed off.

But I did get to play the game eventually thru an emulator, and I still have the PS2 disk.

The last time I tried to upload them on yousendit.com, there was an error. I'll try it again when I get the chance. Unfortunately, after being downloaded a certain number of times or after a certain period of time, they take the files off. Does anyone know of any alternatives?

How can I get this? I have a flip-top/Swap Magic PS2. Will that work?

You can try Toysnjoys.com they have VFX-2 and other Macross games last time I checked.

Hope its not the bootleg version, I couldn't even tell you which is which. But the bootleg will cut out and go black screen after the final mission.

There's also Macross for the PS2 there.

How can I get this? I have a flip-top/Swap Magic PS2. Will that work?

You can try Toysnjoys.com they have VFX-2 and other Macross games last time I checked.

Hope its not the bootleg version, I couldn't even tell you which is which. But the bootleg will cut out and go black screen after the final mission.

353038[/snapback]

I would like to mention that an original copy of the game will go to black and never show the credits. I experienced this with a swap method PS1 (which also trashed it). After buying a JPS2, I played the same copy and once completed, the credits displayed properly. The game seems to have a problem playing on modified systems. I wouldn't know about playing it on a modchip system, I don't go there.

Edited by halfan

I haven't gotten around to trying to upload OPM 22 to yousendit, however the links for OPM 23 still work. 22 has the trailer (23 is the one with the demo.). I have the trailer on my computer. It may be easier just to find and upload that intead of the disk.

You know, I think ppl would save themselves trouble maybe if you just download the PS emulator to your computer to play import PS1 games.

I can't remember which one I had last year when I got to play VFX-2, but it worked with my DYRL game that I do own.

I also recall 2 years ago getting the Macross Plus game for the PS1 and successfully burnt it, but the music would replay every 3 seconds, but I did manage to play the entire game.

Sadly I can't do things like that anymore, the laptop is forever gone and I have no interests in figuring out how I did it.

I do think there is a workable PS2 emulator somewhere.....I'll see if I can find it.

Don't know if it'll successfully work with an actual PS2 game.

after i d/l the first file on opm23 i get

This file doesn't exist or has been removed

for the rest..

if you could upload them again that would be great..

if you have usernet"newsgroups" that would be great also.as i have giganews..

I haven't gotten around to trying to upload OPM 22 to yousendit, however the links for OPM 23 still work.  22 has the trailer (23 is the one with the demo.).  I have the trailer on my computer.  It may be easier just to find and upload that intead of the disk.

353060[/snapback]

after i d/l the first file on opm23 i get

This file doesn't exist or has been removed

for the rest..

if you could upload them again that would be great..

if you have usernet"newsgroups" that would be great also.as i have giganews..

I haven't gotten around to trying to upload OPM 22 to yousendit, however the links for OPM 23 still work.  22 has the trailer (23 is the one with the demo.).  I have the trailer on my computer.  It may be easier just to find and upload that intead of the disk.

353060[/snapback]

353469[/snapback]

I'll see if I can find a way to upload them.

Edited by VT 1010

• 2 weeks later...

ya I use to have the Macross DYRL 2 disks plus the demo.

If you can't find the US demo disc, it would be a lot easier to find the VFX2 demo disc that came with DYRL for the PSX.  It's the *exact* same demo of VFX2 that came with the OPM magazine (obviously, the other demos are different).

323171[/snapback]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just recently grabbed VF-X, VFX-2, and Mac Plus for the PSX over at underground gamer prior to their recent site failure. Will be able to try Mac Plus tonight (hopefully it works OK) and then I can burn VF-X2.

I'm not sure if it would pactical to keep uploading it to yousendit.com.  I've got to find another way to put it up and keep it up.  Any one have any suggestions? 

I let you know when I figure something. ;)

If only iMacross was still around...

369304[/snapback]

oh..... bittorrent..... you can use bittorrent.... google it, its pretty good for sending files, the more people downloading, the faster the download is

usernet"newsgroups" alt.binaries.cd.image.playstation if you can..

I'm not sure if it would pactical to keep uploading it to yousendit.com.  I've got to find another way to put it up and keep it up.  Any one have any suggestions? 

I let you know when I figure something. ;)

If only iMacross was still around...

369304[/snapback]