How much is a Hikaru 1S worth?

VF Strike Valk

I got a few from him on that deal and am very glad I did. What I don't understand is that they(the non super/strike) used to start selling for around 100.00 dollars. hats up with the 150.00 for the VF-1A CF's?

321366[/snapback]

Probably the cost of oil going up and also maybe demand for it is more than last time, so distributors may have pushed up their prices, which is then pass on to retailers who have no choice but to charge more.

321406[/snapback]

Uh, the yen prices are exactly the same as when the Hikaru 1A first came out - the non supers/strikes have always been 14,800 yen (unless HLJ changed their prices on the items that are no longer available). What has changed is the exchange rate - back when the Hikaru 1A was first released, the exchange rate was $1 = 123 Yen, so the 1/48 would have cost about $120. Now it's $1 = 109, meaning the 1/48, at the same yen price, now costs $136...

I got a few from him on that deal and am very glad I did. What I don't understand is that they(the non super/strike) used to start selling for around 100.00 dollars. hats up with the 150.00 for the VF-1A CF's?

321366[/snapback]

Probably the cost of oil going up and also maybe demand for it is more than last time, so distributors may have pushed up their prices, which is then pass on to retailers who have no choice but to charge more.

321406[/snapback]

Uh, the yen prices are exactly the same as when the Hikaru 1A first came out - the non supers/strikes have always been 14,800 yen (unless HLJ changed their prices on the items that are no longer available). What has changed is the exchange rate - back when the Hikaru 1A was first released, the exchange rate was $1 = 123 Yen, so the 1/48 would have cost about $120. Now it's $1 = 109, meaning the 1/48, at the same yen price, now costs $136...

322387[/snapback]

True that, but I originally thought it was what Valk-1S said, isn't plastic an oil product? Plus the price of fuel going up with the transport cost etc. could be passed on to the consumer.

You are right about the retail price though. I can't believe the yen-USD rate still sucks big time...

Sold!  For $331.02!  Wow.

Not bad not bad.. ;) i wouldn't sell mine for less than 400. ;P

Question.. anyone know the highest a Roy 48r (the "1st reissue" before the 2nd and 3rd and...) went for in previous auctions?

I know that there have been like 3 re-issues, and Hik has had like none... so i guess that would make Hik's 1S more valuable right? :)

Low Vis should always be the highest.

$264 with 2 and a half hours to go.... come on!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Question.. anyone know the highest a Roy 48r (the "1st reissue" before the 2nd and 3rd and...) went for in previous auctions?

I know that there have been like 3 re-issues, and Hik has had like none... so i guess that would make Hik's 1S more valuable right? :)

323140[/snapback]

aye im curious too but I won't sell off my 1st edition roy

323140[/snapback]

:blink: That one just went for $375.99. :blink::blink::blink::o

Yamato will reissue that like Roy I bet. 1S are the heroes.

I know that part of the reason I wanted a VF1S was not so much how rare it was becoming, but because of the character.

323229[/snapback]

Yup, same here, I like the 1S the best but I hope Yamato will go a different route and Issue a Max 1S instead of doing another reissue.

When the 1/48 Hikaru 1st came out, everyone here was bad mouthing it due to QC problems. That was one of the reasons I didn't snag one earlier and felt bad that i had to pay about 160 bucks for it later on. From what I remember, sales of the Hikkie 1S was really bad. I guess that just made it more rare. If Yamato will make reissue decisions based on how well the first release sold, things will look dim for the Hikaru 1S.

Even IF there was a re-issue for Hik 1S the 1st issue should go for a hefty price. Right?

I thought the reason things go up was because of this fear of being "hard to find" (and as time goes on, fan demand which means people will pay the inflated cost to have it) more than how early the version was. (higher chance earlier release has probs)

This is probably why the toynami valks rely so much on being limited edition "masterpiece" because if they did mass produce them people would only pay 2cents. heh :D

I wonder why hikaru is so unpopular? Maybe people just like black heatshield with white skull crossbone better than white skull&crossbone on red. (more true to the pirates :D )

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

There's currently a LV on Ebay, with BIN and shipping it's $385. This will be a good test to see which valk is worth more....

You know the LV is never gonna be released so i gotta think it still holds the edge....

As far as the Roy first edition being worth more than the second or third.... I doubt the difference in value is at all significant. Obviously Roy is the least collectible of the series now.... he's everywhere!

I put it down to Roy's popularity as a character made him be re-released more because of increased demand. If they never reissued him ever again like LV, he'd probably be worth more than LV I guess.

If yamato ever releases a special Roy tv version with tv fast packs and rubber hands and tv flightsuit that would be interesting. But nobody likes tv..:(

More and more Hikaru 1S on Ebay. One just ended but I lost the link so I couldn't check how much it went for. Here's another two:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5995893192

http://cgi.ebay.com/JP-TAMATO-MACROSS-DYRL...1QQcmdZViewItem

Second one says Brand New - Never Removed from Box, which I doubt it. Definely box have been open before as you can see the Pilot is in the cockpit and the stickers is behind the Valk when it suppose to be at the back of the inside box. Not to mention also this guy saying that this retails for $384.

Edited by Valk-1S

Seems like the hik vf1s is as valuable as the lv.....maybe :rolleyes: .

324168[/snapback]

I think it is worth more than the LV based on what we have seen on ebay.

324273[/snapback]

I totally agree with you, but I bet it will eventually be reissued.

It's currently going for more $$ than the LV, but as I said, I believe there's big chances of a reissue, so price is going to drop.

With the LV the story is completely different...