Yamato 1/60 'n 1/48 series

Agent-GHQ

What's up everyone! I was just curious in regards to the Yamato Macross 1/60 and 1/48 series and wanted to know your comments/opinions whether these toy-line will have appreciation in value or not.

Much like the Takatoku and Bandai 1/55 series. They sure have a degree of value in them. But will Yamato have the same effect as the 1/55 series lets say 10 or 20 years from now? :unsure:

Edited by Agent-GHQ

What's up everyone! I was just curious in regards to the Yamato Macross 1/60 and 1/48 series and wanted to know your comments/opinions whether these toy-line will have appreciation in value or not.

Much like the Takatoku and Bandai 1/55 series. They sure have a degree of value in them. But will Yamato have the same effect as the 1/55 series lets say 10 or 20 years from now?  :unsure:

319058[/snapback]

Absolutely B)) .

Considering that the Takatokus are no wheres near as valuable as they used to be I would saymaby maby not. I think the 1/60s will go down a little more as 1/48s have a couple of more additions along the way. The 1/48s should hold steady but I cant see them reaching the 1000s of dollars that the takatokus once had.

maybe waaay in the future when yamato stops making Macross, the 1/48's will definitely be the money makers. As for the 1/60's.... I don't see them going for that much. But who knows! Only reason prices will go up is the demand for it. If there's no demand then the toy is only worth the price you paid for it.

The price will also depend on how many people are keeping them MISB. The rare Takatokus and such were worth a lot because very few stayed in box and in good condition. People are probably thinking that if they do the same, they will get a lot in a few years too. So the more MISB and in good condition, the low the cost in the future.

Only if Yamato stops producing the Macross line products B))

Much like the Takatoku and Bandai 1/55 series. They sure have a degree of value in them. But will Yamato have the same effect as the 1/55 series lets say 10 or 20 years from now?  :unsure:

319058[/snapback]

I think the 1/48 line will go up alot in twenty years.

These are some of the best transforming toys ever done.

Only if Yamato stops producing the Macross line products  B))

319058[/snapback]

319085[/snapback]

Back during the Dark Ages, I saw Joons valks going for hundreds of dollars, sometimes even the ones that were colored all funky, but this was because there was really NOTHING Macross-related available mainstream. Your choices were really limited. Also, seeing as how 1/48s are pretty expensive now, I'd be surprised if they went for thousands the way the old Taka's and Bandai's used to.

Then again, if the Macross well dries up, who knows what could happen? :)

I swear this exact thread was started about a week ago....

319207[/snapback]

looks familiar

I think that we overestimate the amunt of people that are paying $100-$150 for a transformable toy. Those who are able to usually pick one up and open it up for display/play. Not many are into Macross as they are into other series like Gundam outside of this forum.

I think in 20 years we would be surprised to find many 1/48's on ebay mint in box.

Maybe Yamato decides to lose interest in macross like the doomsday prophets predict and we never see any reissue of 1/48 ever again for a long time, then maybe. So long as people keep buying, (how much money are they willing to sink into existing releases and any potential new releases?) the prices will probably stay about the sameI reckon.

Is it a case of a dedicated fanbase all buying the same stuff, often buying multiples or trying to get everything (or even buying everything and then getting multiples of everything) or are new customers coming in and wanting 1/48 and increasing the demand for them as time goes on and word of mouth spreads?

If there is no new customers anymore and as time goes on yamato does not release or reissue anything due to lack of incentive (everyone who has the money and finally got all that they wanted no longer buys up) then the price will go up based on if any new customers (late-comers) discover the yamato VF1 and find they can no longer buy them.

It all depends on yamato: if tommorow macross is a dead name, forgotten series, and the fanbase decides to start spending money on other things, prices will go up gradually.

But I'm optimistic that what will happen is we'll see reissues to keep the competition for $ against the bandai chunky munky releases - so that competition will naturally result in the need to keep milking.

There is also the possibility that price might drop:

Maybe one day bandai might decide to make a perfect grade 1/48 valkyrie of thier own (complete with shoulder light leds :D ) which is better(imagine super posability with crouching poses and everything, but with very high detail too), marketed more agressively, and cheaper (you assemble it yourself?) than yamato 1/48. :D Who knows?

I just hope they don't stop making macross toys and that maybe we see more mecha other than VF1. (perhaps they should start release toys that you assemble yourself: buy a destroid leg set, then buy the bits that make up the destroid you wish to make?)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I can imagine discussions such as this one taking place 20 some odd years ago, when the original '55s from Bandai and Takatoku were new and plentiful. I'm almost certain that questions such as these floated about when Star Wars toys initially invaded the market a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....

Chances are that modern Macross toys will appreciate in value, but it will take time...

'Low Viz, anyone?

1/60's.....?

Who cares about 1/60's?!?!?

I prefer the 1/72's, 1/48's and even the 1/55's over those guys.

I think the 1/60's are going to come down in value cause everything else is a lot better.

319333[/snapback]

d'accord...

I concur.

1/48s will go up in price, but not to the insane levels that the old Takatoku and Bandai toys once commanded. I think that perhaps 5-10 years later, the maximum price we would see, assuming they are no longer being produced by Yamato is perhaps double the original retail price, with the exception of the Low-Vis would sell for more.

As for 1/60 toys I don't think they will go up in price much if any and may even drop.

Graham

Interesting! i was thinking about get a few of the 1/60 too just for the sake of comparing them to the 1/48 and playing with it instead of my 1/48. But if the 1/60 are selling like $140. No way....

Last night I wanted to order some 1/60 but the prices went high like the VF-1A CF 130$ !

319355[/snapback]

Interesting! i was thinking about get a few of the 1/60 too just for the sake of comparing them to the 1/48 and playing with it instead of my 1/48. But if the 1/60 are selling like $140. No way....
Last night I wanted to order some 1/60 but the prices went high like the VF-1A CF 130$ !

319355[/snapback]

319449[/snapback]

Hey Agent GHQ,

How's it going? Try looking at the Gundam Store. They always have sales on the 1/60s.

Give me a call later.

NB4M :)

319355[/snapback]

319449[/snapback]

Hey Agent GHQ,

How's it going? Try looking at the Gundam Store. They always have sales on the 1/60s.

Give me a call later.

319454[/snapback]

They once sold YF-19's for $84.99?!?!?!?!??

WOW. :blink:

Whats up fool! Kool, thanks for the link and will call later.

319355[/snapback]

319449[/snapback]

Hey Agent GHQ,

Give me a call later.

319454[/snapback]

I don't know, I remember them having huge price tags on the Plus valks.

319467[/snapback]

Yes they did. Right now I think everyone is on a stand-by mode hoping for the best when it comes to Yamato and their handling of Zero and Plus.

Even though hope is slim I have this naggin feeling that when we least expect it we will be blown away with something from those series along the lines of the 1/48.

We are still here Yamato...we are still here. :rolleyes:

I don't believe the 1/60's will ever go up in value. Despite my love for them, their detachable legs proved to be a fatal flaw. When they first debuted, they were the most accurate representation of the Valkyrie in toy format, but the 1/48 has since blown them out of the water. In order for a toy to increase in value, it must be rare and in high demand. Overall, the 1/60 now fails in both categories. Unless Yamato releases the Elintseeker and Super Ostrich in 1/48 scale, these two are the only exceptions.

The 1/48 line I can see increasing in value. Yamato manufactures them in standard amounts and today's fans are devouring each release. Even more, the appeal of the 1/48's isn't limited to Macross fans, Transformers fans have also bought quite a few. However, I do not forsee the 1/48's reaching the levels of the Takatoku's, the 21st century is quite a different toy era than the early 1980's. In the 1980's, fans bought toys to play with, no one at the time could forsee how much they would increase in value. So finding Takatoku's in resellable condition became a challenge, which helped increase their value.

Today's toy fans realize that there is still a small chance to capitalize on their toys and buy them in bulk and keep them in MISB condition (ie: our own Godzilla). While this accounts for the minority of collectors, a larger number of fans are starting to buy doubles of their toys: one to play with, one to keep MISB. Finally, unlike Takatoku, Yamato has realized that there's money to be made in reissuing their toys, just as long as the reissues are moderately spread apart. This may be bad for the collector, but it's great for the company. Overall, the 1/48's will still increase in value, but I doubt they'll ever reach the astronomical levels that the Takatoku's did.

Well I appreciate the 1/48 scale Valkyrie because of the excellence in detail thay put into creating it, one thing though is that I don't appreciate is the huge pricetag.:lol:

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Yeah, I hated the price tag too. But trying to boy-cott the 1/48 is harder ;) . But you have apoint there VF-18 Hornet.

By the way are you in the U.S. Navy?

Well I appreciate the 1/48 scale Valkyrie because of the excellence in detail thay put into creating it, one thing though is that I don't appreciate is the huge pricetag.:lol:

319844[/snapback]

That's a well thought point. I can't see the 1/60 going up in value. But definitely the 1/48 series.

I don't believe the 1/60's will ever go up in value.  Despite my love for them, their detachable legs proved to be a fatal flaw.  When they first debuted, they were the most accurate representation of the Valkyrie in toy format, but the 1/48 has since blown them out of the water.  In order for a toy to increase in value, it must be rare and in high demand.  Overall, the 1/60 now fails in both categories.  Unless Yamato releases the Elintseeker and Super Ostrich in 1/48 scale, these two are the only exceptions.

The 1/48 line I can see increasing in value.  Yamato manufactures them in standard amounts and today's fans are devouring each release.  Even more, the appeal of the 1/48's isn't limited to Macross fans, Transformers fans have also bought quite a few.  However, I do not forsee the 1/48's reaching the levels of the Takatoku's, the 21st century is quite a different toy era than the early 1980's.  In the 1980's, fans bought toys to play with, no one at the time could forsee how much they would increase in value.  So finding Takatoku's in resellable condition became a challenge, which helped increase their value. 

Today's toy fans realize that there is still a small chance to capitalize on their toys and buy them in bulk and keep them in MISB condition (ie: our own Godzilla).  While this accounts for the minority of collectors, a larger number of fans are starting to buy doubles of their toys: one to play with, one to keep MISB.  Finally, unlike Takatoku, Yamato has realized that there's money to be made in reissuing their toys, just as long as the reissues are moderately spread apart.  This may be bad for the collector, but it's great for the company. Overall, the 1/48's will still increase in value, but I doubt they'll ever reach the astronomical levels that the Takatoku's did.

319807[/snapback]