This is COOL!

Van Damme has 3 STRAIGHT TO VIDEO movies comming out in '06:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000241/

318707[/snapback]

Fixed.

....and why another Kumite? Everyone knows that BLOODSPORT can NOT be touched.

If that movie doesn't include Bolo Yeung (who should be in his sixties by now) then it isn't worth watching.

be good longs he doesn't do any face expressions. seems like when he does he looks like hes insulting you with down syndrome.

hehe Gay Karate Man didn't know he was in the movie the karate kid.

Edited by Zentrandude

Bloodsport WAS awesome.

318835[/snapback]

But don't make the mistake of thinking that, since Bloodsport was awesome, that Van Damme must be as well. Bloodsport would be awesome without Van Damme. Hell, Bloodsport would have been MORE awesome without Van Damme.

Bloodsport WAS awesome.

318835[/snapback]

But don't make the mistake of thinking that, since Bloodsport was awesome, that Van Damme must be as well. Bloodsport would be awesome without Van Damme. Hell, Bloodsport would have been MORE awesome without Van Damme.

318861[/snapback]

Ow, Mike.. I thought better of you than that! :)

VanDamme MADE bloodsport what it was... to this day it is one of my all time favorite movies. I mean, who else, in a split moment, can drop into the splits and bitch-smack a fat guy in the junk?

All of that said, I AM a little worried about "Kumite". A lot has changed about making movies since the early 1980s. I've never had a problem with VanDamme's acting, but he's been handed some pretty ass-pathetic scripts before. Best to just shut him up and let him kick everyone's ass... that's what a good fighting movie is about :)

You guys should see Wake of Death or In Hell... Yeah they were straight to video, but they really capture everything that is great in a low budget action film.

quoting skull leader:

. I mean, who else, in a split moment, can drop into the splits and bitch-smack a fat guy in the junk?.

that move is one of my favorites and my second speciallity.

of the trhee upcoming movies i am really looking forward for kumite, specially since i liked blood sport and i hope to see some really good fight scenes, the more hard and violent the better, i hope it does not has any lame dialog. however i don't want to see any unreal moves like in some of the recent martial arts movies like in crouching tiger hidden dragon, i mean artistically it looks good but i hate to see people flying.

... i hate to see people flying.

318900[/snapback]

Yes, I hate that too. VD has never done any of that crap. Or course it might have been a budget constraint. LOL

anyway i hope he keeps real, no fancy flying nor any of today over-fantasy moves. god i miss old school martial arts movies.

by the way i hope they do training sequences like in kickboxer with some good music, something about like eye of the tiger, i always listen that one when i train in my house, don't know why but i drives me to pull my body to its limits.

You guys should see Wake of Death or In Hell... Yeah they were straight to video, but they really capture everything that is great in a low budget action film.

318890[/snapback]

i got that dvd.... in the 5.99 dvd rack :lol: oddly I only seen through the part where the the wife gets killed and the 2 kids run after that part im asleep.

318890[/snapback]

i got that dvd.... in the 5.99 dvd rack :lol: oddly I only seen through the part where the the wife gets killed and the 2 kids run after that part im asleep.

318910[/snapback]

Do you sleep through all good movies?

318890[/snapback]

318910[/snapback]

Do you sleep through all good movies?

318997[/snapback]

lol nope, but i should finish watching it since its been sitting in my dvd case for months.

oh man I haven't seen a VD movie in years, of course this does make one wonder how many pairs of pants A1 would ruin if Van Damme and Arnold were in a movie together, lol.

319077[/snapback]

You assume I would be wearing pants?

I mean, who else, in a split moment, can drop into the splits and bitch-smack a fat guy in the junk?

The dude that played Johnny Cage in the Mortal Kombat movie?

Seriously, a better question would be who else would WANT to drop into the splits just to bitch-smack a fat guy in the junk?

I liked Bloodsport, but I liked it for the true-story premise and the non-nonsense fights. And a good no-nonsense fight should NOT involve the splits. It's gay crap like that that makes me wish we could go back in time and replace Van Damme with, oh, I don't know, one of the guys in "The Best of the Best."

oh man I haven't seen a VD movie in years, of course this does make one wonder how many pairs of pants A1 would ruin if Van Damme and Arnold were in a movie together, lol.

319077[/snapback]

You assume I would be wearing pants?

319103[/snapback]

I try not to think of you without pants, it might blind me.

I mean, who else, in a split moment, can drop into the splits and bitch-smack a fat guy in the junk?

The dude that played Johnny Cage in the Mortal Kombat movie?

Seriously, a better question would be who else would WANT to drop into the splits just to bitch-smack a fat guy in the junk?

I liked Bloodsport, but I liked it for the true-story premise and the non-nonsense fights. And a good no-nonsense fight should NOT involve the splits. It's gay crap like that that makes me wish we could go back in time and replace Van Damme with, oh, I don't know, one of the guys in "The Best of the Best."

319107[/snapback]

(for what it was worth, the guy who did Johnny Cage did a pretty good job... as did most of the actors in that movie)

Meh, I guess we'll just have to "agree to disagree" on this one. I loved every aspect of Bloodsport. ;)

Duh,

I already know the 3 movies plot...

Movie one: He's a cop, he becomes aware of a crooked police ring, wife and family's killed, he left out for dead, he comes back and kills the bad guys, at the end, the total stranger kick ass babe he met in the street that leaves a perfect life to follow him and help him to the peril of her own life kisses him and the are now one happy hero couple.

Movie two: He's a streetfighter in New York with talent but no training. An old and reclused Kung Fu master hidding from a sad past where he let one of his friends die by mistake takes Van Damme under his wing and they fight all the way through a series of extreme fighters in Hong Kong, guess what... he wins and gets the girl.

Movie three: Same as scenario one but different names and saves the bad guy's girlfriend from her fate and he.... gets her.

Van Damme movies are so full of surprises and unpredictable, I just wonder when the whole world will realise that it's actually Oscar material. The only thing I'm really interested to know is how long he can keep up with doing the split with actualy staying stuck or ending up with a bad ernia.

Edited by Montarvillois

Duh,

I already know the 3 movies plot...

Movie one: He's a cop, he becomes aware of a crooked police ring, wife and family's killed, he left out for dead, he comes back and kills the bad guys, at the end, the total stranger kick ass babe he met in the street that leaves a perfect life to follow him and help him to the peril of her own life kisses him and the are now one happy hero couple.

Movie two: He's a streetfighter in New York with talent but no training. An old and reclused Kung Fu master hidding from a sad past where he let one of his friends die by mistake takes Van Damme under his wing and they fight all the way through a series of extreme fighters in Hong Kong, guess what... he wins and gets the girl.

Movie three: Same as scenario one but different names and saves the bad guy's girlfriend from her fate and he.... gets her.

Van Damme movies are so full of surprises and unpredictable, I just wonder when the whole world will realise that it's actually Oscar material. The only thing I'm really interested to know is how long he can keep up with doing the split with actualy staying stuck or ending up with a bad ernia.

319123[/snapback]

I am sure in one of those three he will also play the bad guy. VD playing more than one character in the movie, only he and Eddie Murphy can pull that off. HAHA, these movies are going to rock.

No that`s what we both want ! Alright Bison are man enough to fight me. 

Any man who opposes me will be destroyed. 

319127[/snapback]

VD was just SO awesome in Streetfighter.

No that`s what we both want ! Alright Bison are man enough to fight me.  

Any man who opposes me will be destroyed.  

319127[/snapback]

VD was just SO awesome in Streetfighter.

319129[/snapback]

Oh man... Streetfighter the movie is the worst movie I paid to watch... :lol:

(Chun-Li was not hot and sexy at all)