The LOST Thread.

So, now that the season finale is over, just wondering what everyone else thought about this ep, and the first season as a whole.

I'm hooked, and can't wait for more. They better be releasing season 1 on DVD sometime soon.

So, what do you all think?

Well, I've got another 1/2 hour before I get to see the finale, but as far as the whole season goes, I think it's really good. This might be 1 of the only 2 shows on Television that is actually worth seeing and staying in tuned for. The other would have to be BSG on the Sci-fi channel.

DUDE!!! WTF???

That was awesome! :lol::lol::lol:

I guess Sawyer and Jin will have to hold their breath until next season.

I thought of Pandora's box when Locke told Hurley what he thought was in the vault...

I like the show quite a bit, but it's getting ridiculous just how long they've drawn out this whole thing with the hatch. They discovered it way back in episode 11 or thereabouts and then ignored it for a while. Even when they finally came back to it, it took them this long to finally open it. It's kind of felt like the story really hasn't moved much in a while. Now with the hatch finally open and Walt abducted, there should be quite a bit of story development at the beginning of season 2, but that means we still have to wait at least four or five more months for any sort of resolution on this hatch situation that we've already had going on for five months. It'll also be interesting to see what happens with Michael, Sawyer, and Jin. Certainly looked like the raft was intact enough that if they can put out the flames, they can still ride it, but it's basically gone from vehicle to lifeboat now. I can't see them killing off three main characters like that (frankly, I was a little surprised that they iced Boone, after we were promised a death during Ethan's rampage and it was just some faceless extra), so we'll see what happens there.

I like the show quite a bit, but it's getting ridiculous just how long they've drawn out this whole thing with the hatch. They discovered it way back in episode 11 or thereabouts and then ignored it for a while. Even when they finally came back to it, it took them this long to finally open it. It's kind of felt like the story really hasn't moved much in a while. Now with the hatch finally open and Walt abducted, there should be quite a bit of story development at the beginning of season 2, but that means we still have to wait at least four or five more months for any sort of resolution on this hatch situation that we've already had going on for five months. It'll also be interesting to see what happens with Michael, Sawyer, and Jin. Certainly looked like the raft was intact enough that if they can put out the flames, they can still ride it, but it's basically gone from vehicle to lifeboat now. I can't see them killing off three main characters like that (frankly, I was a little surprised that they iced Boone, after we were promised a death during Ethan's rampage and it was just some faceless extra), so we'll see what happens there.

I'm currently watching Jimmy Kimmel and they're having a LOST special... :D

ANyway... based on JJ Abrams other show, Alias, it'll be likely that most of the questions will be resolved only to replaced by others. There's definitely progress in the storylines but it unfolds and evolves, not like the X-Files, when at the end there was never really an ending like Chris Carter promised.

Oh yeah, ummm... you got a piece of Arntz on you... :ph34r:

I have but one single problem with Lost:

At the start of the show, it was looking like it might be one of the very few shows where I support and enjoy the canon relationship (Kate and the Doctor). Unfortunatly, that seems to have shifted these last few episodes to more of a Kate/Saywer pairing, and that's one that I don't enjoy.

So, sadly enough, Lost really isn't anything special to me anymore :p

Well in any case it's party time for Charlie... :D

That just isn't right! :lol:

I had high hopes (no pun intended) for Charlie, but after seeing the statue in his bag, I don't know. I could be a hippie, and say that he has changed alot, and has kicked his addiction. If that's the case, then he could have brought back the statue full of goodies for Jack to use for medicinal purposes. If that's the case, then Charlie is still cool in my book. If not, then phuck him, I hope he dies like every other loser drug addict deserves to. I will say this for Charlie though, the chick with the baby better start giving him the time of freaking day after he saved the kid and all. Usually, she's about a hair's breadth away from giving him the brush off.

As to the hatch, is it just me, or did they show us that scene before somewhere else?. I could swear that I saw a clip earlier on of Jack and Locke looking down at the narrow shaft, and ladder etc. :unsure:

Other than that, I was not really surprised that they built up the hatch mystery, only to replace it with another hatch mystery. OK, we have the hatch open, now, let's show an ambiguous shaft barely large enough for Walt to fit through, and a ladder going.....???

As to how long they've drawn it out, remember, in the show timeline, they've only been on the island for a month. How long do you think it would take you to try and open that hatch with no real tools?.

If you ask me, they used the dynamite for the wrong purpose. They have guns, and explosives, so were it me, I would have rigged up a permiter with the dynamite, and laid an ambush for the "others" and lit their asses up when and if they showed up.

As to the raft, I think it's FUBAR, and of course, all the chickies will be wondering what happened to their favorite bad boy, Sawyer, all summer. :rolleyes: Michael said they were 15 miles out, so if the raft is gone, the chance of any of them realistically surviving is ZIP.

Locke is still the coolest character on the island. Yeah, he's a little off, but still cool, and he definitely has the lion's share of balls. Sayid is a close second, it was pretty cool when he punk'd Charlie after Charlie sucker punched him.

Just some random thoughts on the finale:

- Sawyer was too slow on the draw! I figured with his killer instincts he'd have been quicker to throw down on the Others

- speaking of the Others, they appear to be escapees from Deliverance. I hope the writers spare us the scene where they tell Walt that he has a "purty mouth."

- The monster gets stranger and stranger each time we "see" it. How are they going to explain this scientifically?

- Kate is still hot.

- Artz is very, very dead.

- the Black Rock is a ~150 year old slave ship? In the middle of the island? I hope they pursue this further next season.

- Charlie might be back on the junk? Somewhere across time and space, Henry Dean is smiling.

- The Hatch. Open at last. At least it wasn't filled with toxic waste, or rabid knife-wielding monkeys. But I thought the reveal was well handled. As of now we know just as much (or as little) as the characters. I would have been pissed if they had just shown them looking in and saying "Oh my god" without showing us what they saw.

And I leave you with this .gif I found, taken from the pilot episode. Note the swoopy thing that does a flyby just before the engine blows. Random piece of airborn debris, or something more sinister?

post-26-1117125752.gif

Edited by bsu legato

As to how long they've drawn it out, remember, in the show timeline, they've only been on the island for a month.  How long do you think it would take you to try and open that hatch with no real tools?.

An alternate perspective would be, the writers wanted to drag it out as long as possible, so they made it this much of an issue just to get it open. It was several episodes after they found it before they even tried to open it with that thing that Locke and Boone built. Then they just kind of dug out around it without really trying to open it again. Then they finally blew it open. If the writers wanted to address it, it would have been opened the day it was found. They wanted to just keep stringing us along without ever actually doing anything, so it took this long.

If you ask me, they used the dynamite for the wrong purpose.  They have guns, and explosives, so were it me, I would have rigged up a permiter with the dynamite, and laid an ambush for the "others" and lit their asses up when and if they showed up.

You don't really know how well-equipped the others are, though, or how well they know the island. If you try that on the beach, you run the risk that maybe they have sniper rifles or whatever, and while you're sitting there inside your dynamite perimeter with your four or five pistols, they're off on a mountain picking you off. Or whatever else, since there are lots of possibilities for people who are just sitting on an open beach. And if you try it in the caves, you run the risk that they come in through some way that you don't know about. Charlie and Jack managed to dig their way out through a previously-unknown passage. What if the others just march on in through one of those and bypass the permiter entirely? Hiding was probably the best option. Hiding in the hatch, however, was...not. "Well, we know there are other people on this island, and they're apparently about to kill us, so let's use a big explosion to open up this artificial structure that's locked from the inside. They probably won't hear the explosion, and they certainly don't know this hatch is here."

As to the raft, I think it's FUBAR, and of course, all the chickies will be wondering what happened to their favorite bad boy, Sawyer, all summer.  :rolleyes:  Michael said they were 15 miles out, so if the raft is gone, the chance of any of them realistically surviving is ZIP.

If you really think three main characters are all going to be killed off in one shot like that, I think you're going to be in for a shock when season 2 starts. You're watching a TV show about a magical island where polar bears roam and black mysts act as security systems, so you're already in the wrong place if you want realism. Four or five characters have been killed off so far, and only one of them -- Boone -- was even remotely important (unless you want to count Ethan, too). One way or another, Sawyer, Jin, and Michael will all be fine.

Eh... it's a cool concept and a well-made show.

But I grow bored with the constant Kate-Sawyer-Jack meaningless plotlines and I'm even more bored with the continual lack of resolution.

Cliffhangers are fun and all... but the show has gotten almost predictable in it's lack of actually telling a story.

Um, I watch pieces of the show once in a while so I haven't been hooked on it yet. Probably wait til the DVD comes out for Season 1. But can anyone give any spoilers out about what happened in the ending for those of us who can't wait for the DVD or repeat?

Eh... it's a cool concept and a well-made show.

But I grow bored with the constant Kate-Sawyer-Jack meaningless plotlines and I'm even more bored with the continual lack of resolution.

Cliffhangers are fun and all... but the show has gotten almost predictable in it's lack of actually telling a story.

I expected the whole Kate-Sawyer-Jack thing to die down once we learned more about Sawyer and why he is the way he is, they even hinted on it during that golf match, but I guess they decided to pass on that. They should just kill the triangle and move on to better things, and they already missed the chance to do so .

I don't think the triangle is that much of a bother... They're not even playing it for all it's worth. I thought it was resolved when they revealed that... ooops... nm... I don't think youre there yet Abombz.

About Micheal and the others, remember that Arntz pointed out where the tide was heading. If they get on the raft, put out the fire, it'll send them right back on the Island.

Yeah, but can you really trust a guy that doesn't know NOT to wave dynamite around... :p

i love this show when i get to watch it.

its another good show that is unfortunately on wedensday night when i'm rarely home. :mellow:

i'll proably netflix it once they release it on DVD so i can watch all the ones i've missed.

the season finale was pretty good and i can't wait til the next season!

the raft scene at the end was killer. i knew they weren't going to get rescued but when they fired that flare and the boat rolled up(instead of some impending doom) and shined the lights on them, i thought they were going to get rescued but not be able to find the island again. but alas no, it was just the SHAFT that came to get them....i love it when people get the shaft. :D

I don't think the triangle is that much of a bother... They're not even playing it for all it's worth. I thought it was resolved when they revealed that... ooops... nm... I don't think youre there yet Abombz.

Bah, screw spoilers, I don't care :p

So far, what I hate the most is how the comercials don't match the episode at all. When I saw the comercial for episode where the pregnant girl gets kidnapped with Charlie, I thought it was going to be awsome, but the episode itself fell pretty short of it lol

I don't think the triangle is that much of a bother... They're not even playing it for all it's worth.  I thought it was resolved when they revealed that... ooops... nm... I don't think youre there yet Abombz.

So far, what I hate the most is how the comercials don't match the episode at all. When I saw the comercial for episode where the pregnant girl gets kidnapped with Charlie, I thought it was going to be awsome, but the episode itself fell pretty short of it lol

OK, well HERE's SOME MAJOR SPOILERS THEN...

I thought it was resolved when we find out that Jack was married. I thought it explained that this is why he was initially ignoring Kate's advances. But later on it got unresolved when he tells Michelle Rodriguez that he's NOT married.

BTW, Michelle Rodriguez is confirmed as part of the show so watch the triangle become a square.

On the episode that Boone died there was a radio signal. It sounded like "You can't be survivors of flight 815, we're survivors..."

And since Michelle was in the back of the plane...

it kinda throws the whole significance of the number 48. Unless there's 23 survivors from the other half of the plane. How many passengers can an L-10 jet hold anyway?

I don't think the triangle is that much of a bother... They're not even playing it for all it's worth.  I thought it was resolved when they revealed that... ooops... nm... I don't think youre there yet Abombz.

OK, well HERE's SOME MAJOR SPOILERS THEN...

I thought it was resolved when we find out that Jack was married. I thought it explained that this is why he was initially ignoring Kate's advances. But later on it got unresolved when he tells Michelle Rodriguez that he's NOT married.

BTW, Michelle Rodriguez is confirmed as part of the show so watch the triangle become a square.

On the episode that Boone died there was a radio signal. It sounded like "You can't be survivors of flight 815, we're survivors..."

And since Michelle was in the back of the plane...

it kinda throws the whole significance of the number 48. Unless there's 23 survivors from the other half of the plane. How many passengers can an L-10 jet hold anyway?

Sweet... sounds like I'm going to be enjoying this show then :lol:

As to the raft, I think it's FUBAR, and of course, all the chickies will be wondering what happened to their favorite bad boy, Sawyer, all summer. :rolleyes: Michael said they were 15 miles out, so if the raft is gone, the chance of any of them realistically surviving is ZIP.

Whoa whoa whoa.. HOLD IT right there, son. Who the fracking hell are you calling "chickie"? :angry: Sawyer made that show for me and not because he's a "bad boy" but was the most interesting and twisted guy on that island. The thought of him possibly being fish food is not an option. Definately getting season 1 on DVD.

I don't have so much a problem with the romance angle - I mean, this is a major television show packed with very good looking people - it's inevitable.

I just think the show has focused too much on those 3 characters - to sometimes, less than thrilling results. I'd rather see more of Charlie, Locke, Hurley, Sun, Jin, Michael, Walt, etc.

Sawyer in general just kinda bugs me... some eps he's written as a witty rake, the next he's just a pain in the ass, the next he's some kinda hardcore criminal. Bores me silly. Give the guy something to do other than hoard little bottles of airplane liquor and I might see a reason why he's a major part of every. damn. episode.

Episodes with 40 minutes spent having Sawyer play "I got something you want, Kate... but I'm too sexy to give it to you..." could be quite a bit more interesting if they actually progressed the main story instead.

I agree that some of the other characters turned out to have a more interesting angle than the main 3 (being Kate, Jack and Sawyer - the other one being Locke, but his story is pretty damn good.) Jin and Sun scenes are among my favorites. The ep. before was a tearjerker because of those two (and that damn dog Vincent). It only got more interesting this ep. with what unfolded in the restroom with the white guy speaking korean. The only one they haven't given a flashback is Maggie. They kinda bundled her up with Boone. The ones that suprised me was Hurley's. Claire and Sawyer's flashback. I actually thought they were annoying but the flashback made me like the characters more. Also, when they announced someone was the going to kick it, I knew right away it was Boone. The others were too well developed already as importance to the scheme. I wouolda thought Maggie but she was just about to hook up with Saiyid. A couple more eps and she woulda been more expendable and more tragic with her connection to Sayid.

The only person I find annoying is Charlie. He so hard up to hook up with anyone. First it was Kate and now Claire. And he figures he has dibs on her too. I hope they off him soon, maybe in a mad heroine-induced psychotic rampage. :p

As for the pacing, I'm OK with it. It what's fun about the show. I rather they take their time with the build up as long as it has a good pay off.

Again, comparing it to JJs other show, Alias, 4 season of stretching out a story is way too long. If they would have set it to end in 3 season it would have been perfect.

Right now Lost is at a stage where it can be one of the greatest show on TV. But it all depends on them finishing it up when it should.

I was pretty suprised when the british show The Office ended. It was a huge hit over there. But it just goes to show that an ending can only be a huge plus to a good story.

For anyone else not happy about the show right now, they should just stop watching. The pace is pretty much set and if they're hoping for a change then they're just making themselves more miserable. i don't get it. :unsure:

Edited by >EXO<

Anyone see the secret scene that was on Good Morning America this morning? I had Tivo tape the final episode and I didn't know about the secret scene till after Good Morning America had aired?

One point that bothers me that I haven't seen anyone else mention is the cable Sayid found. Was it a phone line, a power line, what? And why isn't anyone trying to find out what it is? Sayid even told the rest about it and no one seems to be trying to follow up on it.

Carl