1. 1. Which one are you going to get?

• xBOX360
    • Nintendo Revulotion
    • PS3
    • None
    • More than one
    • Can't think about games, Agent ONE is just so sexy, its distracting

Oy.

I know what BD+ is...I believe you were the one that said Blu-Ray works exactly like CSS which is true with AACS but adds things in the form of the ROM mark and BD+. 

I was sort of catching up, and covering what I'd missed.

Final controller design to be shown at E3 '06

I REALLY hope it's not another recolored DualShock case.

Edited by JB0

I was pretty dismayed by the outcry against the PS3 controller, not because I expected that to be a good controller, but because not a single person who booed it off stage knew what it was like. For a tech-based group, the videogame community is definitely very phobic against change, whether it's contoller design or new technology.

Genesis and Turbo Grafx libraries available for Nintendo Revolution! Not only will the Revolution be backward compatible with the Gamecube and be able to download N64, SNES, and NES games, but now it's going to able to play many of the games of its past two competitors! Who would have ever saw this coming?! While Microsoft and Sony are pushing for the ultimate next generation machines, Nintendo is aiming for making this the ultimate nostalgia machine! :D

After having sold off virtually every Nintendo thing I ever had last fall (kept only my newer model SNES and 21 games for it), the Revolution is looking ever more tempting and exciting to get. I just might have to rebuy my Mario Kart Double Dash and Ikaruga! :p

Genesis and Turbo Grafx libraries available for Nintendo Revolution!  Not only will the Revolution be backward compatible with the Gamecube and be able to download N64, SNES, and NES games, but now it's going to able to play many of the games of its past two competitors!  Who would have ever saw this coming?!  While Microsoft and Sony are pushing for the ultimate next generation machines, Nintendo is aiming for making this the ultimate nostalgia machine! :D

After having sold off virtually every Nintendo thing I ever had last fall (kept only my newer model SNES and 21 games for it), the Revolution is looking ever more tempting and exciting to get.  I just might have to rebuy my Mario Kart Double Dash and Ikaruga! :p

383394[/snapback]

I so hope that Megaman: The Wily Wars (Rockman Mega World) is one of the downloadable Genesis games.

I was pretty dismayed by the outcry against the PS3 controller, not because I expected that to be a good controller, but because not a single person who booed it off stage knew what it was like. For a tech-based group, the videogame community is definitely very phobic against change, whether it's contoller design or new technology.

383266[/snapback]

The modern video game industry isn't driven by techies.

It's driven by the people that make movies like *insert lame PoS here* best-sellers.

Genesis and Turbo Grafx libraries available for Nintendo Revolution!  Not only will the Revolution be backward compatible with the Gamecube and be able to download N64, SNES, and NES games, but now it's going to able to play many of the games of its past two competitors!  Who would have ever saw this coming?!  While Microsoft and Sony are pushing for the ultimate next generation machines, Nintendo is aiming for making this the ultimate nostalgia machine! :D

:blink:

:blink:

I always said the TG16 was like an NES+, but to see Nintendo agree with me...

Is there going to be any controller compatability between GC and Revolution?  Because I have the "SNES style" Hori pad for my GC, and there's nothing better for playing SNES games!

It's not really clear.

There ARE GameCube controller and memory card ports, but contrary to popular belief there is NO indicator as to whether these are supported by, or even visible to, Revolution software.

Thought I just had---will the SegaCD, TurboDuo etc stuff be available too?  Copies of Dracula X would come down from $150 if you could download it for the Revolution...

383626[/snapback]

I figure it will be mainly games that were released in the US. I don't think Dracula X was ever localized for the US.

Here's a Genesis game I hope makes it on to the list... Zero Wing!!! :D All your base are belong to us! :D

Thought I just had---will the SegaCD, TurboDuo etc stuff be available too?  Copies of Dracula X would come down from $150 if you could download it for the Revolution...

383626[/snapback]

I figure it will be mainly games that were released in the US. I don't think Dracula X was ever localized for the US.

Technically, Dracula X only EXISTS in the US. :p

But I DO know what you mean, and Rondo of Blood never had a localization.

It wouldn't be hard to do, though.

There's only a handful of japanese text, all contained on the intro sequence and title screen, so it's really just a matter of dubbing the game and replacing the Akumajo Dracula logo with a Castlevania logo.

Konami would be fools to ignore the possibility.

Here's a Genesis game I hope makes it on to the list... Zero Wing!!! :D  All your base are belong to us! :D

I'd rather see the PCEngine SuperCD version. With CUTSCENES.

Just out of morbid curiosity.

I wonder who owns Toaplan's properties now, anyways.

Lol I'm still looking for a neo geo AES... back in the early 90's I'm so lucky to have seen the console in action before the gamestore went bankrupt. What an expensive piece of hardware... It's probably the longest console in service, from 1992 til 2004?

Will there ever be High-end consoles that overlap the ps3 and xbox360?

Edited by Kin

Hmm....  A Saturn pad by Sega of course, a PC-Engine pad by Hudson or Hori for the NR !

383405[/snapback]

Just now thought of this...

The PCEngine pad was an NES pad. So the Rev comes with a PCE pad.

Lol  I'm still looking for a neo geo AES... back in the early 90's I'm so  lucky to have seen the console in action before the gamestore went bankrupt. What an expensive piece of hardware...  It's probably the longest console in service, from 1992 til 2004?

Will there ever be High-end consoles that overlap the ps3 and xbox360?

383846[/snapback]

Pr'ly not. The NeoGeo home system was a disaster, really.

And the arcade scene is mostly dead now. The only arcade boards that aren't based off current-gen consoles are based on the PC.

I really think the NeoGeo and CPS2 were the beginning of the end for arcades. Once those hit the cabinets, hardware quit evolving so rapidly. It was just CPS and NeoGeo games for a long time, and that gave consoles a lot of time to catch up.

Hell, CPS2 wasn't retired until the Dreamcast. And a Saturn could do literally perfect ports, and still have power left over. Only reason the PS couldn't was it didn't have enough RAM.

Capcom waited too long to upgrade. And when they did, they let the CPS2 team sabotage the CPS3. Then they just said to heck with it and jumped to NAOMI.

SNK... they waited too long(not NEAR as long as Capcom, though. The PS1 and Saturn were out, but not the N64), and then just never tried again. The NG64 wasn't what it should have been, and SNK just never came back to the idea.

Edited by JB0

From Magicbox :

R E V O L U T I O N

- Follow-up with yesterday's announcement of supporting PC-Engine/Turbografx and Genesis game software via virtual console on Revolution, Nintendo confirmed that PC-Engine/Turobgrafx CD-ROM2 games will be supported, but no confirmation on Mega-CD/Sega-CD games yet.

From Magicbox : 

R E V O L U T I O N

- Follow-up with yesterday's announcement of supporting PC-Engine/Turbografx and Genesis game software via virtual console on Revolution, Nintendo confirmed that PC-Engine/Turobgrafx CD-ROM2 games will be supported, but no confirmation on Mega-CD/Sega-CD games yet.

383907[/snapback]

Wow. I didn't know that they bought the rights for emulating those consoles! But if this is true then that's more points for N's Rev! Now if they'd just start putting out new titles.... in larger quanity....

Edited by chrono

still a hell of a lot more reasosns to buy the rev than the other systems

384172[/snapback]

No not yet. The Revolution and the big N will have to show me new games before I really consider buying it. Not just games that I've been playing for 15-20(perhaps 25? ugh..I'm old) years.

still a hell of a lot more reasosns to buy the rev than the other systems

384172[/snapback]

No not yet. The Revolution and the big N will have to show me new games before I really consider buying it. Not just games that I've been playing for 15-20(perhaps 25? ugh..I'm old) years.

384200[/snapback]

Yep! A Zelda that might not come out for years, another Mario game, another Metriod game, and possibly another RE game just doesn't cut it enough for me to throw 150+ at a game system. Not even with all of the backwards compatibility they are putting into it!

IGN.com has the specific transcripts. I wouldn't say that it's so much ALL Genesis and TurboGrafix games, just the popular Sega and Hudson ones from how they're saying it. But if they have those, maybe other companies will put theres on. I wonder if we'll see and download-only games or download-extras from the Revolution.

The Revolution could be released with Zelda, Metroid and Mario as the only games for its entire lifespan and I would still buy it. I've always considered Nintendo to be the miracle machine, capturing so many people with so little. They've done it before, and they'll do it again...

well nintendo keeps their systems simple. they are not trying to usher in a new age of media formats, cram as much multimedia stuff into a machine as they can, they are just making a gaming concole thats it. and they have nowhere near as many problems in the qc department as the other guys (afaik) so i'm sticking with nintendo.

IGN.com has the specific transcripts.  I wouldn't say that it's so much ALL Genesis and TurboGrafix games, just the popular Sega and Hudson ones from how they're saying it.  But if they have those, maybe other companies will put theres on.  I wonder if we'll see and download-only games or download-extras from the Revolution.

384224[/snapback]

If they have any intelligence at all, they'll pay Konami for Rondo of Blood. And do the dub themselves if they have to.

An english Rondo of Blood could move the system all on it's own.

We already know they're getting 3rd-party software for the download network.

(Thank goodness. I like Nintendo, but really, the NES and SNES succeeded because of 3rd-party support, not Nintendo's titles alone.)