Fine Molds does (will do) it again...

A TIE bomber would be cool, but I have to agree with cobywan on the non-cannon stuff. Star Wars (all six movies) has enough iconic designs to keep Fine Molds busy for a whole decade without them wasting time on game and comic book crafts. And of all the ships from the OT, the Millennium Falcon shares its lofty status only with the X-Wing, TIE fighter, and ISD...and it is, by far, one of the most original ship designs ever designed for celluloid. I think their decision to bring this to fruition is an inspired one, akin to Polar Lights' NCC-1701 1/350 kit.

WHY WHY WHY!(smacks head on wall and cat) I just bought another ertl falcon. Well i guess i can make this one into a more stock looking YT-1300 and wait for the fine molds one to get a good falcon. It will save me the 115 dollars for the side panel and cockpit set from falcon models.

Good. Lord. It finally happened. :o

This will be a day long remembered.

WHY WHY WHY!(smacks head on wall and cat) I just bought another ertl falcon.

Sorry man, but I have to do it. [Nelson] Haw haw. You got burnt! [/Nelson]

At least you didn't get the side panels, gunwells, etc.

this is going to be a awesome kit i can see. i cannot wait to see it.

chris

Savin grace here is tha i have son=me epIII production art that has crude representations of what appear to be unmodified YT 1300 series freighters. Could actually be an interesting project to do a factory stock looking Falcon. Ill just finish restoring my existing falcon as a place holder for the FM one.

Yuck. Where is the TIE Bomber? Where is Vader's TIE fighter?

Damn lightside scum.

Now that you mention it, Fine Molds has been pretty balanced in terms of Imperial/Rebel starcraft so far. What are you willing to bet that they follow up the Falcon with something comparable, like a retooled ESB Slave-1?

Edited by bsu legato

Yuck. Where is the TIE Bomber? Where is Vader's TIE fighter?

Damn lightside scum.

I would love a 1/3000 - 4000 scale ISD. Or a 1/20000 - 24000 Executor with blue fibre optics.

A properly done Executor would be the mother of all SW kits.

Second'd.

These I'd gladly shell out 200 bucks for.

I want an ISD above all else, followed by Executor. And if they lit up, drool drool drool.

It's sad that the best ISD by far is the LEGO one. The AMT/Ertl kit has horrendous fit and accuracy, even as the AMT Star Wars kits go. And that's saying something. You need a vise to get some of the parts close enough just to try to bridge the gap with epoxy...

And all the little diecast etc ISD's have crude detail. I collect LOTS of mini diecast ships and planes, I know what can be done for what price. They could be done a LOT better, but they're not even worth buying IMHO.

Still, I'm looking forward to the Venator-class coming out from Revell. (That's the new "Republic Star Destroyer" in Ep III). Revell's done quite nice stuff lately, and though the design isn't as neat as an ISD, it is neat.

wow.

I think that says it all. :D

I get the feeling this thing is gonna set some kind of record for number of parts in a model kit. Btw, I think those tank deck plates were also used for the back ends of the Y-Wings. Those arrangements of vents look familiar.

What I really wish someone (not Ertl) would do is get up the nerve to produce a decent (read not-Ertl) 1/24 X-Wing kit, or at LEAST 1/32... I mean it's not that big a ship. I have quite a few 1/48 aircraft that are bigger than a 1/32 X-Wing would be. I was happy Fine Molds did an X-Wing, but sheesh, I think it's smaller than the SMALL Ertl kit (might be wrong, I heard 7 inches, Ertl's snap kit was about 8). 1/24 would only be about 20 inches long (the size of the big F/X toy). 1/32 is more practical, sure.. but Ertl managed to sink that ship before it sailed. This new Falcon is incredible, and very dance worthy.. but if someone ever released a Captain Cardboard level X-Wing as a mass produced plastic kit, 1/32 or bigger, I'd do more than dance.. I'd probably be running up and down the street randomly hugging people, while dancing.. Then, I'd buy the kit, fill the box with cement, and promptly beat the Ertl design teams over the head with it. :p

You know, one last thought...I'm counting on the scale of this kit more than anything I've yet seen, since they actually STATED a scale, as opposed to ertl... given how much bigger the Falcon is compared to that X-Wing, how on earth did it ever fit in the DSII??? For some reason it looked MUCH smaller than that during those scenes. Did the Falcon's size change over time?