Eureka 7

Aegis!

Not many people now about Eureka 7 because it was licensed by Bandai before it even came out. That's why there's almost no fansubs.

I watched the first episode and it was amasing. I agree with the main character bein a Naota clone. In fact, Euraka 7 even looks like something from Gainax.

The animation is great, those guys at Bones are the best. Kawamori did a good job with the desings, better than with Aquarion.

• 2 weeks later...
That looks like the Trans Model of the Nilvarsh type zero, something like a cross between an MSIA and a transformer. ;)

On HLJ allready, 3 different mechs slated for release, Nilvarsh is first unsurprisingly in June followed by Hollands purply robot in July and the blue one so far seen only breifly in the intro.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN932880

See above wolfx

Thanks fort...so its the same one eh.

Seen eps 4 and 5. Really liking where this series is headed....aside from the overly cliched clandestine organisation bent on taking over the world with nirvash and some hidden agenda goin on.....i won't be surprised if the Nirvash Zero is a key to the apocalypse or something by the end of this series. :lol:

Poor Renton, being turned into Tolha's personal toyboy. :(

Those bikes were cool, Bandai had better make them or else I'll have no choice but to go without. :(

Wolfx, yeah it's the same toy. Sorry for the curt response in the last post but I wasn't feeling well at the time.

It's looking like a really nice figure and very accurate in both modes, from a picture I saw somewhere esle the head and hands have to be removed to transform it but other then that it's really nice.

I hope it comes with a surfing stand like the HG kit.

• 3 weeks later...

Well after seeing the first 3 episodes I figured out just why I like the show!

It's the music!!!

Sure the entire idea is cliche-EVA/Rah-Xephon by hey it's by BONES. Anyways the way BONES handles music in it's series is top noche and this one is no exception! The way it uses 80's, classical, and modern music is nearly at Star Wars levels and it really helps to off-set a hugh amount of the shows silly little cliches all the while helping to lighten the atmosphere when gags and sillyness abound! :D

This series is gonna be a 'MUST GET' series for myself and will find it's home next to my Steel Angel Kurumi and Slayers series. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Now the boards are back I thought I'd try and keep some interest alive for this cool show. :p

Ep 8 is now available subbed and features a nice scene of teh Nirvarsh transforming while the camera is focused on Renton standing up in the cockpit. It's quite dramatic and gives a real sense of scale that robot cartoons so often seem to forget about using to their advantage.

On the subject, the Nirvarsh variable figure is out sometime this month so here's some cool pics,

http://www.amenbo.com/img/toys/diecast/new2/ERS-TM01-300.jpg

Finally, the show has been officially announced by Bandai US, they're aiming for a fall release for the first dvd and it will likely show up on CN as well.

Wow that's fast in bringing it over. AnimeNewsNetwork says it will be 50 episodes. I wonder if they will try and make a franchise out of this or once the series is over, leave it alone.

So episode 9 is subbed. What episode is currently out in Japan right now?

I've finally watched up to episode # 8 of both Eureaka 7 & Aquarion and out of the 2 shows, I'm enjoying Eureaka 7 far more.

The characters are just so much more likeable and cute and the interaction between the characters is great fun. The characters in Aquarion on the other hand I just find annoying.

I also prefer the mecha designs and action in Eureaka 7, it's got a definite old school 80s mecha anime charm to it.

Watching the mecha fights in Aquarion though makes me feel like I'm watching a PS2 mecha fighting game. Plus the Aquarion designs are too busy with far too much kibble.

Definitely looking forward to the Eureaka 7 toys.

Graham

I've finally watched up to episode # 8 of both Eureaka 7 & Aquarion and out of the 2 shows, I'm enjoying Eureaka 7 far more.

The characters are just so much more likeable and cute and the interaction between the characters is great fun. The characters in Aquarion on the other hand I just find annoying.

I also prefer the mecha designs and action in Eureaka 7, it's got a definite old school 80s mecha anime charm to it.

Watching the mecha fights in Aquarion though makes me feel like I'm watching a PS2 mecha fighting game. Plus the Aquarion designs are too busy with far too much kibble.

Definitely looking forward to the Eureaka 7 toys.

Graham

312821[/snapback]

For all of you who are reading this thread and haven´t whatched Eureka 7 yet , LISTEN TO THE MAN UP HERE !!!

Most posts in internet msg boards regarding anime are exaggerated quite a bit when favouritism is a factor in such reviews , but , this series is just SO MUCH MORE enjoyable than Aquarion.

Contrary to all expectations ( MYSELF INCLUDED ) Eureka 7 turned out to be the neat show of the year and Aquarion the mediocre one ( till this point in time). Believe me , if you like nice and witty mecha shows you´re gona be delited with this series.

IMO , just as Graham said , Eureka 7 simply exudes that ¨old school 80s Anime Mecha Show¨ kind of vibe ; yeah , it´s a BONES production , but despite this fact the unexpected ease with wich the story and characters relationships flow in this show is just enourmously GREAT.

I´m suprised this show hasn´t caught much attention from anime fans as much as Aquarion did in the beginning , that tells you a lot about advertinsing I supposse ; As sad as it sounds Kawamori is a great mecha designer , as seen in E7 , but as a director ( as of lately ) he really needs to cut down on the crack and end his Monthly suscription to ¨tree Lovers Fan Club¨

OH , for all of you go Watch Ep.09 , Dudes , the plot is just getting better and better. This is by all means not the kiddie anime it appears to be , great action and drama. ;)

Well my initial hype for Aquarion has gone down the drain. The story hasn't gone anywhere and where are the fansubs for this show? :blink:

Anyway Eureka 7 is really living up to my expectations. w00ts! oooh...big plot twist for the past episode. The origins of Gecko State. :ph34r:

I never thought E7 would be dull, I just thought that Aquarion looked to be the more exciting show. I can safely and honestly admit that I was way wrong, Aquarion has proved to be very dull and lifeless as others have said.

I still want the Chogokin toy, anything with that level of engineering is just too cool for me to pass up. But Eureka is now the show I wait with bated breath for. :D

I don't know. I've watched up to episode 6 so far and it's not really that interesting. I mean the first two episodes were pretty cool. The characters are interesting but really it's not holding my interest. I was hoping I'd see more of Renton learning to pilot or piloting. Yet all I'm getting is him messing around with these kids or being taken advantage of by the adults in Gekko State. Really a let down, even if the mechs are nice to look at and are interesting. The emotion that was in the first two episodes is pretty much gone I feel.

The music in Eureka 7 is pretty good though. I love the opening.

Aquarion I feel is the better of the two. I really like the character interaction between the characters and the fighting is always interesting, even if a little predictable. I just wish more fansubs were coming out.

I guess my taste just go in the direction fo Aquarion this time. Wish it didn't since it seems Eureka 7 still has fansubs coming out.

Edited by Effect

I don't know. I've watched up to episode 6 so far and it's not really that interesting. I mean the first two episodes were pretty cool. The characters are interesting but really it's not holding my interest. I was hoping I'd see more of Renton learning to pilot or piloting. Yet all I'm getting is him messing around with these kids or being taken advantage of by the adults in Gekko State. Really a let down, even if the mechs are nice to look at and are interesting. The emotion that was in the first two episodes is pretty much gone I feel.

The music in Eureka 7 is pretty good though. I love the opening.

Aquarion I feel is the better of the two. I really like the character interaction between the characters and the fighting is always interesting, even if a little predictable. I just wish more fansubs were coming out.

I guess my taste just go in the direction fo Aquarion this time. Wish it didn't since it seems Eureka 7 still has fansubs coming out.

312934[/snapback]

Are you sure you´re mistaking one show with the other right ?

I´m not saying you have the obligation to like Eureka 7 , but you´ve clearly have not seen enough of this show nor of Aquarion ( i´m suprised you´re not bored or annoyed by its pace yet :blink: ) , do yourself a favour and watch Eureka at least till Ep. 10 , it´s this kind of show that sets the characters relatioships in the first 5 or so episodes and then the thick plot kicks in ( Just like Macross ) , it really has a nice pace , and unlike Aquarion the plot unveils itself neatly through time with no filling Eps in middle.

IMO Eureka is the contrary to Aquarion , while the first advances continously and gains in content plot-wise Aquarion revolves around itself without showing any progress in its premise ( after more than 10eps we still don´t know anything about Prana , the Aquarion´s origin , the ancient society , the Solar Wing , nothing).

I´m not saying you have the obligation to like Eureka 7 , but  you´ve clearly have not seen enough of this show nor of Aquarion ( i´m suprised you´re not bored or annoyed  by its pace yet  :blink:  ) , do yourself a favour and watch Eureka at least till Ep. 10 , it´s this kind of show that sets the characters relatioships in the first 5 or so episodes and then the thick plot kicks in ( Just like Macross ) , it really has a nice pace , and unlike Aquarion the plot unveils itself neatly through time with no filling Eps in middle.

IMO Eureka is the contrary to Aquarion , while the first  advances continously and gains in content plot-wise Aquarion revolves around itself without showing any progress in its premise ( after more than 10eps we still don´t know anything about Prana , the Aquarion´s origin , the ancient society , the Solar Wing , nothing).

312984[/snapback]

I wouldn't really say that. True Eureka 7 seems like it's taking its time to develop the characters but Aquarion in my opinion does that but at the same slowly deal swith plot as well. So far in AQuarion we do know who found Aquarion, what it can do and is learning to do. As far as Atlantis goes, we know that the Solar Wing betrayed his kind to help the wingless ones(humans). Before that he was with Toma it appears and was extremely powerful. I get that due to the comments those he fights against. We learn with each episode more about the personalities of the characters and some of their background.

Aquarion doesn't seem to be in your fact about it's development but it's still there with each episode when you take into account the character's actions, how they interact with each, and actually how they respond to the different test and lessons they are taking and learning. At first I didn't know the point of the lessons but I think that's the actual character development and the reason why the episodes are being done this way. You get to know the characters by their actual experiences and how they act during these events and they get to now themselves it seems.

True I'd like to see more about the Fallen(angels) and I hope they show more soon. In fact they might be doing that now, but without fansubs I don't think we'll know.

I guess I just like Aquarion's presentation more then Eureka's. SThey have abou the same amount of subbed episodes out. I'll check out 7-10 of Eureka tonight to give it an equal chance, the way I gave Aquarion though.

I´m not saying you have the obligation to like Eureka 7 , but  you´ve clearly have not seen enough of this show nor of Aquarion ( i´m suprised you´re not bored or annoyed  by its pace yet  :blink:  ) , do yourself a favour and watch Eureka at least till Ep. 10 , it´s this kind of show that sets the characters relatioships in the first 5 or so episodes and then the thick plot kicks in ( Just like Macross ) , it really has a nice pace , and unlike Aquarion the plot unveils itself neatly through time with no filling Eps in middle.

IMO Eureka is the contrary to Aquarion , while the first  advances continously and gains in content plot-wise Aquarion revolves around itself without showing any progress in its premise ( after more than 10eps we still don´t know anything about Prana , the Aquarion´s origin , the ancient society , the Solar Wing , nothing).

312984[/snapback]

I wouldn't really say that. True Eureka 7 seems like it's taking its time to develop the characters but Aquarion in my opinion does that but at the same slowly deal swith plot as well. So far in AQuarion we do know who found Aquarion, what it can do and is learning to do. As far as Atlantis goes, we know that the Solar Wing betrayed his kind to help the wingless ones(humans). Before that he was with Toma it appears and was extremely powerful. I get that due to the comments those he fights against. We learn with each episode more about the personalities of the characters and some of their background.

Aquarion doesn't seem to be in your fact about it's development but it's still there with each episode when you take into account the character's actions, how they interact with each, and actually how they respond to the different test and lessons they are taking and learning. At first I didn't know the point of the lessons but I think that's the actual character development and the reason why the episodes are being done this way. You get to know the characters by their actual experiences and how they act during these events and they get to now themselves it seems.

True I'd like to see more about the Fallen(angels) and I hope they show more soon. In fact they might be doing that now, but without fansubs I don't think we'll know.

I guess I just like Aquarion's presentation more then Eureka's. SThey have abou the same amount of subbed episodes out. I'll check out 7-10 of Eureka tonight to give it an equal chance, the way I gave Aquarion though.

312991[/snapback]

Please do so , I´m sure you´ll have a great time watching it :) ; I thought the same way before I actually spent some time with E7 , I wasn´t convinced till I watched Ep.9 but now I´m sure it´ll rock.

I´m personally still hoping Aquarion will catch up in content , my only grip with it so far is the lack of progression plot-wise , it´s is true there´s a lot of character develoment there but the way Kawamori has presented it is a tad monotonous with all the trainning , I´m not an action-junkie but a plot-junkie so the action scenes arejust a bonus to it all. Aquarion´s premise was great , hopefully it´ll deliver. ;)

Edited by Aegis!

Oh think think that Aquarion has plenty of content, but they just aren't using them well and there are nasty logic holes that have you going WTF for no good reason.

E7 IS starting to kick into a higher gear which is great because if the manga's any indication then we've got some nice plots and plot arcs coming up. I'm really glad that BONES got away from their overt copying of EVA after RahXephon, but still keep their high quality music approach.

I think it's the little things over the last 6 episodes, like the 'main male leads' character having vertigo(which is thankfull so far not used alot) and his 'low man on the totempole' position and it's viewpoint, that have really begun to grab my lasting attention. But overall it's got one of those 'nice story' feels to it and that's what makes me coming back for more.

I've been enjoying both shows as well, and I still haven't decided which one I like better.

My only complaint about Aquarion is how long it's taking for the fansubbers to release it. When Aquarion first started, it was only a few days between the Japanese airdate and the fansub release. Aquarion is now somewhere in the teens in episode count, but has yet to be fansubbed. I wonder if Media Factory has anything to do with this. Either that or the fansubbers are students and only work on it during the school year....

Hopefully, Eureka 7 won't go the same way.

I was wondering about that as well. If they were students or not. If so then guess we are going to have to wait a good amount of time. I think they are up to episode 16 or 17 I think in Japan an only episode 9 and 10 were last subbed.

Well checked out episode 7. Nice episode but really hasn't drawn me in at all to be honest. I don't know the show just isn't clicking with me to be honest. I find that kinda weird as well since there isn't anything outright wrong with the show.

Edited by Effect

after more than 10eps we still don´t know anything about Prana

You just needed to ask.

Look here.

A better question would be what are these Elements they talk about, and there is an answer even fort that, looking in Hindu lore :)

the Aquarion´s origin , the ancient society , the Solar Wing , nothing

I think I've heard they should show something around mid series. Unfortunately I got stuck at 6th because of troubles with my friends with broad band <_<

By the way, I found a Japanese blog with Aquarion screenshots. Just look at the quality! Never knew Japanese got such good TV.

Well, I'll try to watch even Eureka 7, just to be in-topic.

FV

Ep11 of Aquarion is out now from Anime Kingdom and with this ep the show has suddenly gone up again in my opinion.

This episode is vastly superior to just about all of the ones before it and focuses on Reika and her trying to escape the misfortune she belives follows her.

after more than 10eps we still don´t know anything about Prana

You just needed to ask.

Look here.

A better question would be what are these Elements they talk about, and there is an answer even fort that, looking in Hindu lore :)

the Aquarion´s origin , the ancient society , the Solar Wing , nothing

I think I've heard they should show something around mid series. Unfortunately I got stuck at 6th because of troubles with my friends with broad band <_<

By the way, I found a Japanese blog with Aquarion screenshots. Just look at the quality! Never knew Japanese got such good TV.

Well, I'll try to watch even Eureka 7, just to be in-topic.

FV

313170[/snapback]

I know what Prana is , I actually looked for it and other terms when the series started ( Aquarion shares a lot of it language with Arjuna so its not difficult to understand) , I´m just saying it is not thoroughly explained within the show as it should be , not everyone is suppossed to know those terms beforehand.

Edited by Aegis!

Love the show, but I am not too impressed with this toy - too many lose pieces for transformation.

313658[/snapback]

Is that the Chogokin toy or is that a lower quality toy ? cause if it is the Chogokin toy then that some cheap plastic there.

Love the show, but I am not too impressed with this toy - too many lose pieces for transformation.

313658[/snapback]

Is that the Chogokin toy or is that a lower quality toy ? cause if it is the Chogokin toy then that some cheap plastic there.

313795[/snapback]

Its in blister packaging. So I really doubt its chogokin.

Out shopping last night with Blackaces and Valk009 and we came across the newly released transforming Bandai Nirvash toy. Blackaces picked up one. I was going to get one as well but it was the last piece in the shop and none of the dozen or so other shops we visted that night had any.

We broke the toy out of it's window box over dinner to examine it. Lots of twist ties to remove to free him.

Anway, the toy stands about 6-7" tall and is mostly ABS construction, with some small rubber and PVC parts. There are no die-cast metal parts at all.

Paint job was ok. Arm joints were fairly tight, but the hip joints were quite lose. I decided to try transforming to vehicle mode. There are quite a few steps to the transformation, but the instruction sheet provided is well illustrated. However, transformation is still a bit of a pain as there are lots of small parts that have to be swapped out.

Overall, it's not a bad toy. It seems quite posable & comes with several types of swapable hands, two surfboards (1 for the robot to stand on and one folding board to attach to the back of the car to form the spoiler) and two of the boomerang knife thingies.

Graham

I just finished watching episode 7.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

Poor kid, but it was hilariously true at the same time. God that reminds me of some of the same poo I use to pull on others and had pulled on me when I was back in school! Great ep, awsomely blended between the plot and the silliness while still telling several sides of the story at once. Probably the best ep. so far!