Forget the weird walker thingy

Ed.Coli

Some blokes at MIT were doing something similar. It was a backpack and a walking exoskeleton, so you could carry heavy objects on your back and walk at the same time.

The beauty of the suit is: true to power suits in anime, it merely copies the individuals normal human moves. If taken on a large scale (I dunno like a large robot similar to that thing in aliens) there wouldn't be much need to train a person to pilot a robot for heavy lifting. I think this is the most efficient control system for a real world powered suit since unlike vehicular machine controls, motions are natural and there is no delay. (just like the appleseed suits: that scene where duenan lifts herself in the suit for the first time)

I can only imagine the medical uses it will have in ten to twenty more years.

It reminds me of that guy in Dark Angel that becomes paralyze and then uses an exo skeleton for his legs to walk.

Can you imagine where this will be ten or fifteen years from now?  You can just put on a suit and be ten times stronger.

Don't forget the plasma beams!

Or the micro-missiles payload!!!