Latest commissions are complete!

Kurt

What were the colors you use for the TV max and Kakazaki?

I used Gunze H15 Blue for Max. Kakazaki was Gunze Brown #? with some 316 white mixed in to lighten it up.

Thanks everyone for the compliments!

How well does the paint react to multiple transformations ?

I always clearly explain to my customers that customs should not be overly transformed. If care is taken the paint holds up fairly well.

Do you use gunze laquers to seal the paint job? it should be pretty tought.

I use Gunze Mr. Surfacer 1000 laquer to prime all of my customs. I then use acrylics for the paint and clear coats.

damn that's a hella good job on those 1/48's! How much you charge for that?

Customs range from $200 on up depending on what you want. For exactly what you see here, $200 each.

Including valk or we provide valk?

i'm sure you have to provide valk. the amount of labour/time vs profit isn't justified otherwise?

Customs range from $200 on up depending on what you want. For exactly what you see here, $200 each.

Including valk or we provide valk?

Oh, yes. You must provide the valk, fast packs and decals. I don't like you guys that much to charge just $50- $75 for labor. ;):D

How long would it take, on average, for one of these customs to be completed? I am leaving the country on June 1st (for ever and ever), so this question is of particular relevance.

In any case, that's some really gorgeous work. Well done.

Edited by shiyao

That's not bad! I was expecting it to be more expensive.

wow... those TV 1A's look pretty awesome.... where do all these talented customizers get started w/ their work?? is it a natural gift? or is there some shitty project they 1st started on and have since perfected their work?? haha..... i wanna see Kurts very 1st custom ever and see how his work has changed from them till now.... :p

wow... those TV 1A's look pretty awesome.... where do all these talented customizers get started w/ their work?? is it a natural gift? or is there some shitty project they 1st started on and have since perfected their work?? haha..... i wanna see Kurts very 1st custom ever and see how his work has changed from them till now.... :p

OK, if really want to see my first custom. Here it is. I actually have been building models for the last 25 years or so. But this was the first custom toy that I did about 16 months ago. So if you were to compare my very first model to what I do today, I am pretty sure you would see an improvement. ;)

post-4-1113443490_thumb.jpg

Hey, I remember that custom. B)) Was that really your first one?

Wow, 16 months ago starting custom work. It seems longer than that. Time flies when your customizing.

Man, the work on that TV Max is awesome! :D

Sigh, I just wish yamato would release one with the GBP or the CF. ^_^

I love the pair of 1A's.

almost all customs nowadays have weathering and it's refreshing to see something clean and slick like what you got here.

It looks really refined. like a fighter fresh off of assembly and ready to join a squadron.

Awesome!

Kurt, Way back when, I sent you a letter, telling you how amazing I thought your work was, when you first did that Enigma. (and to get a quote on getting one done)

Just letting you know, that I am still planning on having you do a custom for me.. I just haven't decided which to get yet..

When I decide, I'll be contracting your amazing skill out!

Take care, and Im very happy to still see you coming out with new releases. You're an asset to the community!

-Chris Purvis

Kurt, Way back when, I sent you a letter, telling you how amazing I thought your work was, when you first did that Enigma. (and to get a quote on getting one done)

Just letting you know, that I am still planning on having you do a custom for me.. I just haven't decided which to get yet..

When I decide, I'll be contracting your amazing skill out!

Take care, and Im very happy to still see you coming out with new releases. You're an asset to the community!

-Chris Purvis

Ready when you are!

• 1 month later...

Oooff! Those ARE nice, especially the 'Low Vis. Yamato or someone should get you on their payroll....