Can't decide

lt.actionjackson

Okay, I finally managed to find that elusive Max 1A valk. Here's the dilemma I now face: Yes, he needs fast packs and and supplies of those are dwindling and becoming more expensive. But, I'd really like to go ahead and buy the 3 mini-sets of SDF Macross which are no longer in production. Unfortuantely, I can't get both. Any thoughts?

go for the macross SDF mini set...

it is there right at yr grasp ... miss it probably it will be forever missed ?

whereas the fast pack is a uncertainty but it still exist albeit at a high price

juz have to look abit harder (or work hard and earn a bit more) for the fast pack I guess :ph34r:

I would probably buy everything (an I'm still toying with the idea) , but my wife is only mildly amused by my Macross obsession and if I suddenly receive an influx of Mac related items (which she knows aren't cheap), I'll be sleeping on the couch for a few nights.

Get the DVD sets first if you're hard pressed on funds and want to keep a low profile :lol:

DVD sets will become an impossiblity I'm sure. Fast packs... eh, I'm sure they'll be selling for $250 a few years down the line, but they'll still be there :D

if she says anything to you about it just give her five across the eyes

I'm pretty sure that would get me jail time and I actually like seeing my wife and son on a daily basis, but thanks for the suggestion.

Dont listen to Panzer. <_<

Ideally, get both if you and the wife can do a compromise. (Yeah right, but try it)

Just get the 1/48s. You will be thankful later b/c of rising costs. Get the DVDs later. You will see them on ebay. if not, I know where I can get 2 of the 3 sets of Macross here locally but I know you can get those on ebay cheaper.

be a man, don't take any lip from her and show her who's boss.

if she says anything to you about it just give her five across the eyes.

:ph34r:

....and that's one of the reasons why he's still single, folks. :p

:lol:

Wow, he got banned pretty fast. :blink: Well deserved though. :D

In my experience, used DVD's never do up in price, but the 1/48s do. And available for a limited time only and you know it. ;)

As we don't know of what Yamato holds in the future for us, I suggest that you do go for the 1/48s. You will not regret it. I mean, you spent ages just looking for a 1/48 VF-1A Max. How long do you think it will take to find a DVD boxset? Not very long I can guarantee you.

Wow, he got banned pretty fast. :blink: Well deserved though. :D

Well, temporaryly(is that even a word?), according to the forum rules. But that's not up to me. ;)

Back on topic - All I need to make me happy is a 1/48 1A either Max, or Low Vis. :p

But what I really want, waiting, hoping, and holding out for is a CF. Other wise I'd jump the Max 1A band wagon already. :D

I guess my point is, get the Max. Or else pay for it through the nose, if one can still be found. :lol:

Wow, he got banned pretty fast.  :blink: Well deserved though. :D

Well, temporaryly(is that even a word?), according to the forum rules. But that's not up to me. ;)

Back on topic - All I need to make me happy is a 1/48 1A either Max, or Low Vis. :p

But what I really want, waiting, hoping, and holding out for is a CF. Other wise I'd jump the Max 1A band wagon already. :D

I guess my point is, get the Max. Or else pay for it through the nose, if one can still be found. :lol:

B. Faita found one for the original retail price in a local shop down in Japan didn't he?

B. Faita found one for the original retail price in a local shop down in Japan didn't he?

If that didnt already gotten picked up or reserved.

If that didnt already gotten picked up or reserved.

true. if it was me I wouldn't even tell about the find till I bought it all then point to somewhere else like walmart. :lol:

anyone notice panzer's title now lol

Im sure if you sit down and do the math with a little shopping around your wife may allow you to get both items. Thats what i did when i put down 1200 bucks on a 1/16 scale R/C kubelwagen(german jeep) and Leopard 2A6 (big modern tank) from Tamiya. She has no problem with it aside from this makes 6 1/16 scale tanks in my collection now. They track more mud than a child.

Im sure she will understand once you figure out the costs.

sean

P.S. I think Tamiya translates to either pay through the nose or out the A$$ i still have to figure it out.

Edited by HWR MKII