1/48 F-14D TomCat

Jin_Kune_Do

would you buy one, if it was made?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. would you buy one, if it was made?

• Yes
    • No

Only after everything else in the Mcross universe is made.

It's not like there's a shortage of Tomcat toys from other manufacturers.

ditto. but it would have to be the ACCURATE f-14 from Mac 0 for yamato to make it. there was a discussion a while back about how the Hase kit was incorrect.

wouldn't make much sense to make one....i think yamato just wants to make transformable kits, for now...if they were to make Mac0 F-14 they'd probably make a limited release....i doubt it'd be that important to them to make an F-14 figure

hey....just because they won't be made doesn't mean i wouldn't buy one :D

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

No, because 1/48 would be huge (you think you have problems displaying a VF-1? Try a plane 50% bigger) and there'd be VERY limited appeal. Valks appeal to even the most "casual" Macross fans, while far fewer people have seen M0 (be honest, even Robotechies buy Yamato VF-1's) and would want a non-transforming valk. It's not a bad guy for the VF's to fight, and it doesn't "do" anything like transform or fire off 36-missile clusters.

If it don't transform... Heck, NO!!!

NO WAY!!! If Yamato start working in a COMMON fighter... then my Bad guys mechas and the VF 0 line will be delayed. There is SO MUCH macross mecha lef to do... why bother buying F-14? Nah!

Do you guys really prefer an F 14 over an SDF 1, or the VF 0s or the Raus, Battle Pods, VF 5000, VF 4, 2SS, Siren, Destroids.... There are SOOOOOOOOOO many! and all of them are DEFINETELLY COOLER than an F 14! :blink:

A Tomcat deserves to be made at 1/48 scale...the detail will make it worth it. I don't care much for tranformation as i seldom play with my toys anyway. But then again i prefer Hasegawa to release MacZero planes in 1/48 like the Karyobin and MiG-29.

Robotechhies buy Yamatos ?!So they made their own custom Rick Hunter, Ben Dickson and Max Sterling stickers ehhh

Franklin Mint already makes a museum quality 1/48 F-14 tomcat (about 5 different paint schemes, including the Hi Vis Jolly Rogers form the USS Nimitz) as well as host of other US, Russian, and maybe French fighters. They retail around $90+ USD plus S&H (Click Here to see a picture); that's around 1/48 valkarie range. However, I think they have fixed landing gears, and if Yamato were to make a M0 F-14 and Mig 29 they would make them with retractable landing gears, hopefully. So, I voted a tentative yes on the F-14, price and features would be the deciding factor on actual purchase. B)

Franklin Mint already makes a museum quality 1/48 F-14 tomcat (about 5 different paint schemes, including the Hi Vis Jolly Rogers form the USS Nimitz) as well as host of other US, Russian, and maybe French fighters. They retail around $90+ USD plus S&H (Click Here to see a picture); that's around 1/48 valkarie range. However, I think they have fixed landing gears, and if Yamato were to make a M0 F-14 and Mig 29 they would make them with retractable landing gears, hopefully. So, I voted a tentative yes on the F-14, price and features would be the deciding factor on actual purchase. B)

Yeah, there is a Franlin Mint store in King Of Prussia Mall in King OF Prussia, Pa hat has them for sale at $90. And I did see the VF-84 Jolly Rodgers F-14A there. It's really heavy when I picked it up, and it does not have retractable landing gears. So I hope Yamato plans on making a lightweight Macross 0 1/48 F-14D. :lol:

Yeah, why not? It's not like they'd be competing with Hasegawa, Revell, Tamiya, Italeri, Airfix, and others. And since the F-14's design is technically in the public domain, there's no problem with having to get a license to make the kit. (of course, woe betide the person who tries to build a real F-14 without the OK of Northrup-Grumman: They'd sue [that IS like making a bootleg, as opposed to a model kit] and the US Navy'd probably blast the builder's derriere from here to Mars :p) I'd love to see a VF-1 toy in the same scale as the 1/48 valks in UN Navy markings. And, since it'd be non-transformable, it'd be a fair sight cheaper, I'd guess.

No, because 1/48 would be huge (you think you have problems displaying a VF-1? Try a plane 50% bigger) and there'd be VERY limited appeal.

I have a 1/48 F-14D kit that I built a few years ago (one of the two that Monogram/Revell put out) and it is definately not much bigger than a 1/48 VF-1. If I get around to it (or find my digital camera), I could post a comparison pic. Not to mention that almost every model company makes a F-14 in at least one scale