an OT Forum?

kill the reviews forum and open a OT forum?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. kill the reviews forum and open a OT forum?

• kill the reviews forum! (nobody really visits it anyway....)
    • leave the reviews forum up and put up a OT forum!
    • leave it as is!

I don't think the old Macrossworld Forums had an OT Forum did they? It'd make things (like a RIP John Ritter thread) feel a lot better because it's where it's supposed to be. On the other hand I could see an OT Forum getting waaaaaaaaaaay out of hand, it'd just be more drama for the (already stressed out) MODS to deal with. :angry::(:)

I don't think the old Macrossworld Forums had an OT Forum did they?

Yes, at one time it did! I wouldn't mind seeing an OT forum again but I really do NOT think it is going to happen. Especially since Shawn has already made it clear that he doesn't want one. :) So, A-tess is right...Been there, discussed that! ;) I can live without it personally...especially since we now have a forum dedicated solely to models!!

I don't think the old Macrossworld Forums had an OT Forum did they?

"Technically" it did.

There was the "Longest Thread" and the follow up "New Longest Thread" under the "Other:Scifi/anime" topic.

That thread was going well, until it got out of hand.

As for being on topic here, having an OT thread is like cutting your hands till they bleed, and dipping it into shark infested waters.

But that's just my opinion of it. :D

I agree that the reviews section is a waste of space. I don't go there... I know a lot of people who don't go there... but somebody does go there or there would be no posts in it. Who are we to take away someone else's section in benefit of our own? Also people tend to abuse OT forums and get into needless fights. OT forums really only work when you have a small group of people who get along with each other on a regular basis. Macross World is like Grand Central Station... too many people to keep something civil without a constant police presence.

For nice OT talk with Macross come on over to VEX Forums (www.valkyrie-exchange.com). We have a nice group of friendly folks over there who have nice friendly OT threads now and then that don't get erased.

Shawn and the mods have shown disinterest in the idea of an OT forum... However, I think it's a good idea. Every forum I frequent other than MW has a dedicated strictly OT forum, and they have alot less problems because of it.

I can understand why the mods and Shawn aren't interested in having an OT forum... If there are no mods who want to moderate something like that, I'd gladly volunteer to moderate an OT forum, and I know other people who probably would as well.

Vostok 7

I can understand why the mods and Shawn aren't interested in having an OT forum... If there are no mods who want to moderate something like that, I'd gladly volunteer to moderate an OT forum, and I know other people who probably would as well.

Vostok 7

i'd like to give it a try (but i think u guys are right about the abusing the OT forum part)

The Reviews forum isn't, in any way, interfering with an OT forum. Shawn could trim MW down to five forums and there still wouldn't be an OT forum. We used to have an OT forum, but we blew it big time. And back then, MW was a lot smaller. As much as I miss the OT forum, I totally understand what Shawn is doing. In the meantime, check out the VEX forums. It's 99.9% unmoderated, so let the good times roll. B)

The longest thread was a pain in the ass, I never went to it for just the reason that it was the longest thread. Unless you followed it all along, you'd never know what the topic was...

You are sooooo wrong! What made the longest thread attractive... was that it had no topic! You could talk about whatever you wanted. :)

I found the longest thread interesting - every now and then I'd drop in, sometimes I wouldn't know what the hell was being dicussed or didn't care, but other times I'd jump right in. It was like the sea.. always ebbing and flowing. ;)

You are sooooo wrong! What made the longest thread attractive... was that it had no topic! You could talk about whatever you wanted. :)

Yep, but as with all things attractive and allows you to speak freely, it was abused to the point that several folks used it like a chatroom.

Well, whatever S&G decide, that's where I go, but for now, hopes for an OT thread looks bleak.

Yep, but as with all things attractive and allows you to speak freely, it was abused to the point that several folks used it like a chatroom.

Well, whatever S&G decide, that's where I go, but for now, hopes for an OT thread looks bleak.

Isn't a thread, to some extent, a chat room? An OT thread would be no different. I don't see where the problem is. :huh:

Isn't a thread, to some extent, a chat room? An OT thread would be no different. I don't see where the problem is. :huh:

Might take some of the pressure off the OT Forum idea if MW did have an actual chat then. I know there were some AIM chats a month or so ago, but I think those didn't last long. But then again, the whole chat idea is another kettle of fish. Probably would have to be member organized sense I don't think Shawn or Graham has the time for it right now.

<<<- the problem solver...sort of

other anime scifi is about as OT as this forum needs to get

why dont we get wild with a dedicated irc chatroom where we CAN talk crap to each other live?

i wouldnt mind fserving if a couple other people wouldnt mind

edited for content, ie, added a T to my previous can, when i meant that we CAN talk shite

Edited by estacado06479

does anyone know how we would go about setting up a macrossworld irc channel?

i will read up on it but it would be nice to find a quick answer

it would be cool if there were a link to it on here showing that it was endorsed by macrossworld ie, S & G

the best part? NO EDIT BUTTON!!!

holla if you hear me major/agent!!! :D

Edited by estacado06479

does anyone know how we would go about setting up a macrossworld irc channel?

i will read up on it but it would be nice to find a quick answer

it would be cool if there were a link to it on here showing that it was endorsed by macrossworld ie, S & G

the best part? NO EDIT BUTTON!!!

holla if you hear me major/agent!!! :D

LOL, That is why members don't show up. Actually I think the reason is it is too disconnected from MW.