Mari Ijima Sings "Ai Oboetai masuka"

Solscud007

For those of you in the La Area you missed out. Mari Ijima sang the theme to DYRL. I have two clips form my Digital camera about 1 minute each. Need help hosting it so that it will be availabe to everyone. Most likely she sang it to practice for the up coming anime convention in Bay area and her trip to Japan.

For those of you in the La Area you missed out. Mari Ijima sang the theme to DYRL. I have two clips form my Digital camera about 1 minute each. Need help hosting it so that it will be availabe to everyone. Most likely she sang it to practice for the up coming anime convention in Bay area and her trip to Japan.

http://s35.yousendit.com/

Did you get to talk to her?

Did she mention why she canceled her trip to the Bay area next week?

If you e-mail her, ask if she would be interested in coming to Fanime-Con again in the Bay Area in May. Well i guess that's for the Fanime-Con people to decide huh?

Since she canceled, i am still hoping she can make it to the Bay Area some time in the future. :(

Edited by fansubs2000

Did you get to talk to her?

Did she mention why she canceled her trip to the Bay area next week?

If you e-mail her, ask if she would be interested in coming to WonderCon again in the Bay Area in May. Well i guess that's for the Fanime-Con people to decide huh?

Since she canceled, i am still hoping she can make it to the Bay Area some time in the future. :(

She won't be at AnimeExposure? :(

I guess I won't be going.

I really wanna see this clip now.

Sorry that I didn't get back to you soon enough via PM. I didn't go into work today, so I couldn't set up an FTP area for the files.

On the bright side, though, I did have a good day of playing Rome Total War!

Looks like Mechamaniac took care of it anyways. Cool! Thanks MM!

H

Uh. . . will I be strung up if I point out that she sounds pretty terrible?

Seriously, it's like she's doing an impression of Bill Murray doing his lounge singer act doing and impression of her. :)

H

All the newbies who've never seen Mari perform live should make an effort to do so. I've met and seen her perform twice, once at AX and then at Genghis Cohen which was back in 1999 and she put on a great show, performing DYRL, Angel's Paint, etc. Got home video footage of it and everything. Although I'm not fond of her contemporary material, she's a sweet and gracious person and deserves your support.

There's only one, true Minmay :)

Seriously, it's like she's doing an impression of Bill Murray doing his lounge singer act doing and impression of her. :)

H

Man, you're harsh.

She sounded a bit rough in the first clip but the new rendition is very poignant. I like it much better than the originally recorded version (never really liked the song that much) or the re-recorded/tribute version.

Now forgive me for being a noob but did she provide the speaking voice of Minmei as well or just the singing voice? Man I really need to get this Animeigo set on DVD................

Yes, Mari did both the speaking and singing voices of Minmay in both the series, and DYRL.

And YES, you need the Animeigo set, it won't get much cheaper than it is now from www.rightstuf.com, and, hey, while you're at it, why not get a swell DVD keepcase to store it in by going HERE!

Yes, that plug was shameless, I could almost hear Wayne and Garth going "Cha Ching!" in the back of my mind as I was typing it.. :p

Now forgive me for being a noob but did she provide the speaking voice of Minmei as well or just the singing voice? Man I really need to get this Animeigo set on DVD................

Yes, Mari did both the speaking and singing voices of Minmay in both the series, and DYRL.

And YES, you need the Animeigo set, it won't get much cheaper than it is now from www.rightstuf.com, and, hey, while you're at it, why not get a swell DVD keepcase to store it in by going HERE!

Yes, that plug was shameless, I could almost hear Wayne and Garth going "Cha Ching!" in the back of my mind as I was typing it.. :p

Wow. That is a pretty good price. I saw for the entire 9 disc set 200 at some other online store. This is still the remastered version though correct? About the case, I might would buy it but I still need the Flashback 2012 DVD and whatever else is supposed to go in there.

did anyone else want to hear her do the whole chorus? i actually thought she handled the high notes better than she did in DYRL. you guys seeing her at MWCon are going to be SO LUCKY. even if she doesn't do a tune actually - i just enjoyed watching her heartfelt performance, so chatting her up will be a plus.

H

Yes, you should be strung up. :)

Thanks Solscud.. appreciated.

Bear in mind that unless Solscud has a very high end camera, the quality of recording tends to suffer (i.e. the capture is not at CD quality (44.1Khz), which is indistinguishable from a full recording to a human ear).

Throw on top that wherever this location is probably is not well set up for vocal performances.. there is a reason why concert halls spend large sums to construct their halls in specific shapes and of specific materials. A concert in a acoustically designed hall is amazing, really.

Having made all those excuses :) I do have to admit age is probably catching up with her.. Barring a few rough spots though, it's still a good performance.