1/72 Imai Regult

jardann

Hi everybody, :D

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I'd like to get some opinions on the old Imai 1/72 scale Regult kit. Is it accurate? In size shape or details? How is the buildup? Is it worth working on and improving?

After hearing the news about Hasegawa not releasing any enemy mecha (totally inane IMHO, but that's another thread) I'm starting to think about these older kits to go next to the Hasegawa models.

Let me know what you think. Does anyone have some good pics of some built up Regult kits?

Hi everybody, :D

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I'd like to get some opinions on the old Imai 1/72 scale Regult kit. Is it accurate? In size shape or details? How is the buildup? Is it worth working on and improving?

After hearing the news about Hasegawa not releasing any enemy mecha (totally inane IMHO, but that's another thread) I'm starting to think about these older kits to go next to the Hasegawa models.

Let me know what you think. Does anyone have some good pics of some built up Regult kits?

If you want a 1/72 scale, I dont think you have any other choice.

IMO, they look pretty damn good from this picture. :D

Wow! :o That looks like a great buildup!

Thanks for the pic!

OK, so we know it can be done, now what about accuracy and what if any modifications need to be made?

Hi everybody,  :D

If you want a 1/72 scale, I dont think you have any other choice.

IMO, they look pretty damn good from this picture. :D

That does look great...

But...

Isn't a Zentreadi soldier dude supposed to be as big as a Battroid? I don't see that Battroid fitting inside that Regult even in a crouched/fetal position... are we sure that scale is accurate? just cause it says so on the box doesn't mean...

No the battroids were bigger than the average Zentradi soldier. Bretai was unusually large so he like as big or bigger than the battroids in the scene he shared with them. He most likely wouldn't have fit into a pod.

John to me what would make this 1/72 scale more real is a Resin Small missile and Heavy Missile set in 1/72 for and add on to the 1/72 kit. To me its the LITTLE differences that make a single Kit more Fun to build. Now not only is a 1/72 Regult kit look better with Resin Missle Pod sets. You can make Different Versions.

Small%20missle.JPG

Heavy%20missle.JPG

All someone has to do is Sculp or TRY to build just the Missile mounts, and you will have a WHOLE new kit

I say Take what we have and Make it better. Conversion to the OLD kits is the way to go when Model makers cant/wont make the kits we long for

I dont think that would be hard for someone like John to make. To bad we only have a few Johns, If I could make the whole group of us that talanted with the snap of my fingers I would.

Ranger565

Edited by Ranger565

How well do you think a 1/72 Regult resin kit would sell if it was modelled from scratch by the Cap? 

I think the demand is there.  I would gladly pay $300 and maybe more.

Nah, more like $120-$130 in resin, AND unlike the plastic model, I can even make a detailed cockpit with one side half in clear resin to show off the internals.

and this is why Capt always wins... no matter how "good" a recent model already is. :rolleyes:

The next "thing" I will probably work on Macross-wise is the 2-seater conversion for the 1/48 toys. After that, it's a toss-up between a Regult or the GBP-1 add-on for 1/72 Hasegawa model, depending on what people want to see first.

Yes, both of those would be cool.. [cough][cough]booster/launch rail vehicle[cough]

Edited by Viceland

Damn you John! Less typeing, more sculpting! :) PLEASE!

I'd really love to see one in 1/60 to go with all my other 1/60s

(None of the model buffs get to kill me for this! ) ;)

With the slow demise of Yamamoto toys, :( the only hope we may have to get 1/60 toys are the model makers. Maybe the captain can save us and produce some resins in 1/60, especially the Battlepod.:wub: I would buy several. Please????

Damn you John!  Less typeing, more sculpting!  :) PLEASE!

I'd really love to see one in 1/60 to go with all my other 1/60s

(None of the model buffs get to kill me for this! ) ;)

With the slow demise of Yamamoto toys, :( the only hope we may have to get 1/60 toys are the model makers. Maybe the captain can save us and produce some resins in 1/60, especially the Battlepod.:wub: I would buy several. Please????

Get in line! 1/72 scale modellers first!

Damn toy junkies.

Berttt

I've seen the old 1/72s and the sculpt is actually nice after you clean it up.

If the captain can make the regult with posability and articulation, then I'm in. No articulation? Then I would like to see the price come down since you can still find Imais kits around.

Edited by Neova

After that, it's a toss-up between a Regult or the GBP-1 add-on for 1/72 Hasegawa model, depending on what people want to see first.

I'll take either kit. I am just glad you are considering making them. Just let me know and I will get the cash, oh yes I will get the cash. :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...