Robot Chicken

NERV

The first one looked like the smallest transformers prime. Then, of course the big shiny one was the MP prime (convoy, had the big stacks plus no crappy battle damage).

Also, the show was pretty hilarious.

The smaller Prime was the Robot Masters Convoy and the lareger one was MPC Prime. I was laughing so hard when Grimplock towle whipped Bumblebee and when Prime died.... awesome stuff. That and 'You're using the WHOLE fist!?' Then I went backa nd watched it agian to check out the custom done toys... impressive stuff.

I found myself watching it... not really enjoying it, but watching it.

It's sort of like that other stop-motion show that was on years ago with the used toys that I can't quite remember the name of (it was around in the late '90s, never really had any decent airtime). At the same time I keep having flashbacks to old Toyfare "Big Shot" comcis. While the idea, the material and the presentation are nowhere near new and the humor is sub-juvenile on many cases I can see this show becoming quite popular with the geekdom viewers out there. After all, what is better than a show featuring tons of old toys beating on each other and doing other kooky stunts? It's just too bad the thing reeks of idea ripoff. Seth Green is good at butt and fart humor and the guy does not have an original bone in his body so this project fits him to a T.

We'll see how long he can keep up the pace. The first episode started out strong but faded and the second episode did not make me chuckle even once. Where it goes from here is a matter of material... I think people will get tired of the same humor after too long. One can only watch toys hit each other, make bathroom jokes and get dismembered so many times until it just stops being funny.

This show is pretty funny. Volton and the Robeast was great. Not just seeing the different toys but what they actually say. Prime saying "only 50 humans were killed in today's battle, a new record" with the other Transformers cheering. lol Great stuff.

Reminds me of when MadTV used to have claymation parts of their show that included GI Joes, Gumby, Santa Claus, etc. Good fun.

Edited by Effect

I forsee some Masterpiece Veritechs making an apperance in a future episode. Lord knows they won't fork over the dough for a Yamato. :lol:

I don't know, they sported a Takara MP Prime instead of the Hasbro.

What's with the celebrities on this show? So far I noticed Macaulay Culkin, Rachael Leigh Cook, Kurtwood Smith...

apparetely the entire "That 70s Show" cast will appear soon, then Mark Hamil, Burt Reynolds, Ming-Na, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Erika Christensen, Lance Bass, Joey Fatone, Pat Morita, Scarlett Johansson, etc...

• 1 year later...

IPB Image

Just a tad bit of thread necromancy..

In the last few days Ive actually gotten to see some of Robot Chicken. This has to be, without a doubt, one of the funniest, most twisted shows out there. The Cuddles Fabric Bear being raped had to be one of the most disturbing, and hilarious, things I'd seen in a LONG time.

'Cuddles brand fabric softener. When your clothes have to be huggably, rapeably fresh!' :blink:

I'm definitely going and getting the first season on DVD next week. ;)

Yeah, it's pretty good stuff. I wish I had thought about it first though. What a great excuse for someone to customize me a bunch of toys. That and buying old toys off of ebay like the Castle of Lions for backgrounds.

It's on Teletoon at 10 amost every night.