custom VF designs

striderhiryu

I honestly haven't seen anything transformers besides the bay movies in years.

and yeah, taking a second look I can tell it's Jetfire.

anyways awesome stuff, I'd kill for an aesthetic style as good as yours. so what doe the look like in fighter mode?

this style, my friends comes from years of Macross, Gundam, Transformers & etc geeking :lol:

nay. ubergeeking and practice :lol:

i don't have any fighter mode drawings.

it's because i pretty much wrote off the fighter modes as F22's. or at least something very similar.

the Jetfire i'll admit does need a drawing of fighter mode to explain things. :)

this style, my friends comes from years of Macross, Gundam, Transformers & etc geeking :lol:

nay. ubergeeking and practice :lol:

i don't have any fighter mode drawings.

it's because i pretty much wrote off the fighter modes as F22's. or at least something very similar.

the Jetfire i'll admit does need a drawing of fighter mode to explain things. :)

Hey, just 'coz you're better at drawing doesn't make you a better geek!

Star Wars is my forte, though. Ask me just about anything relating to Star Wars, and you'll get an answer.

it does? that's funny. i don't know what a Halo pelican looks like. :lol:

it's funny how a couple of lines can change the character of a drawing.

the 2 planes have the exact same silhouette from the top ^_^

so yeah, the YF 42 concept folds up pretty much like a VF-1 & VF-11 combined, with some other stuff that folds up.

the F-22ss folds up like MP Starscream, with extra stuff.

and the not-so-clever character emblems.

"Jet on Fire" & "Star in a Screaming Skull"

:lol:

Hey, just 'coz you're better at drawing doesn't make you a better geek!

Star Wars is my forte, though. Ask me just about anything relating to Star Wars, and you'll get an answer.

Alright... ^_^

What's Palpatine's middle name?

wow... I'm so glad I never new that :blink:

How is the Death Star II cooled?

Through about 4 or 5 billion millimeter-wide exhaust baffles.

WTF?

Well, it is SciFi.

But Macross never had something that stupid!

Ok, look me in the eye and tell me Macross 7 isn't stupid. Besides, Max Rebo's MUCH better at piano-type instruments than Ray!

Uh...

I often leave people feeling that way.

Here's the sketch of my original VF. The SVF-X29 Soarer. It's nowhere near as impressive as some of the works (anime52k8's) I've seen here on the board.

I was trying to go for the super slim profile like the YF-21 with a top silhouette similar to the Super Sylph. All the drawings of the top view are just small doodles so I didn't scan any of it. Some of my original requirements for the battroid (like a forward facing cockpit) didn't work with what I want with the long nosed fighter so I had to change a few things with the battroid design. I left the vertical fins (?) clear so you can see what the leg/ engine nacelle looks like. Basically it's like the SV-51. It needs a few tweaks but I'm happy with the overall design. I'm still trying to figure out how it would transform. I'll be trying to do a line art using Inkscape in the coming days.

Also any tips from the pros as to how to do a better drawing and adding relevant aircraft detail would be helpful. I also don't need over critical douchebag comments and irrelevant number ratings.

post-6501-1234045195_thumb.jpg

It's actually not that bad... boy00z... :p

I'd like to see some more of it. :)

Also, WHY DOES EVERYONE USE VF-29? :ph34r:

hell if I know, (and I'm Using VF-28 by the way :ph34r: )

Edited by anime52k8

Got any previews of your VF-28?

not yet, I was going to scan and post a little update for the VF-400, then I was going to start sketching out a battroid.

but just to make your head explode a little I'll leave you with this: VF-27MAXL :ph34r:

Edited by anime52k8

So it'll have mecha boobs? Lol.

:lol: you'll see...

Anyways I wanted to say good job on your drawing, I should have scanned the doodles too, there fun to see.

If I could make a suggestion though, I think you should try to work in a larger intake. as it is you've got a very small intake and a large looking exhaust; as a rule of thumb, you want the intake and exhaust to be roughly the same size.

The intake isn't part of the leg. The leg separates just after the intake so that part becomes the chest in battroid. I might make the "thigh" thicker later. I'm half done with the line art so I'll see what it looks like when it's finished. Then I'll make the necessary changes and tweaks.

I use 29 because it's an inside joke between my friends and I...

I'll leave it at this: Everyone wants to 29 the 27MAXL :p

Speaking of which, does the 27MAXL have anything to do with Grace? :wacko:

Also, even the YF/VF-21/22 didn't have intakes for a chest! :blink:

Edit: Wouldn't the curves on the bottoms of the intakes make mecha boobs?

Edited by SchizophrenicMC