custom VF designs

striderhiryu

Ok, started this topic for anyone who wants to post their original VF designs, this is derivative from the custom head thread at toys, hope everyone has something nice to share.

don't just feel limited to VF designs, you can post your designs for fast packs, heads, missiles, weapons like the gun-pod or everythings that suits for a valkyrie.

i will start by posting my previous designs:

post-5-1108629912_thumb.jpg

Awesome!!

The first one reminds me of the VF-5000.

btw Striderhiryu, are you japanese ?

iie, ore wa nihon jin janai, mekishiko jin desu. :lol:

OK, i was going to upload some images i've done but right now i'm very tired, had a tough day and a car almost hited me in the street on my way home, but tomorrow i'll upload them, basically they're gerwalk for my two previous design and two new ones i've done. i'm going to get a little away from tyhe classic VF-1 lines to explore new transformations sequences.

by the way UN-MARINE that gerwalk is neat, i knew you would come up with new designs. keep up the good work man.

and to everyone else i hope you can posts your designs so we can all learn from each other, also if you like you can give your tips on how to design or how to improve them. i.e. when i draw the battroid i draw appart the gun pod and then i put the gunpod design under the sheet where i am doing the battroid, that way i can do a clean image of the battroid holding the gunpod.

man i can't belive i did the same mistake twice, must remember attach file then add reply. i'll promise i'll never do this again and that i will try to keep up with new designs.

by the way here's the battroid mode, now that i think about it you guys must already noticed how different design styles UN-MARINE and i use, just like a competition for a contract. think as shinsei vs general galaxy.

post-5-1108766287_thumb.jpg

Here's my contribution. Not a macross VF, but one for another world I designed. I have heaps of others, but they're not scanned, and they're concept art at best, nothing like some of this other stuff.

post-5-1108802395_thumb.jpg

Now for something a little different...

This is obviously NOT Macross. ;)

The PL-004 Avenger naval fighter, by the Roland-Kovacs design bureau of Pole-Land. For a joint comic I'm working on.

Plane mode, description, and not-so-good robot mode

avengera.jpg

Robot mode of 2-seater variant, replaces laser cannon for more conventional dual .50 machineguns.

avengerb.jpg

Way better robot mode, with 503rd Screaming Eagles squadron logo.

avengerc.jpg

wow, that's pretty impressive Ed.coli.

i specially like how the landing gear wheels are used in the battroid feet, like in the destroid cheyenne. and also the mechanical structure is very convencing.

remember guys that you can post anything as long as is a fighter with transforming capability and also you can post art for its accessories.

i will continue posting more images once i get some spare time, i've been quite busy lately.

• 3 years later...

Digging in the crates. Are you a DJ or what?

Anyway, that WWII era plane made me wonder if anybody's ever done an alternate universe Macross set in that era? Did anybody ever see those 1800s Transformers they ran a comic book for? Really cool design work and stuff. In fact, a late 1800s, early 1900s Macross might be awesome too, you know, with sort of an HG Wells, Jules Verne kinda flavor to it? Almost steampunky.

Digging in the crates. Are you a DJ or what?

Anyway, that WWII era plane made me wonder if anybody's ever done an alternate universe Macross set in that era? Did anybody ever see those 1800s Transformers they ran a comic book for? Really cool design work and stuff. In fact, a late 1800s, early 1900s Macross might be awesome too, you know, with sort of an HG Wells, Jules Verne kinda flavor to it? Almost steampunky.

Ooh, Steampunk VF... Original... :p

Though I would like to see a good one...