Guess who might direct the new Superman Movie....

Ladic

Shyamalan linked to "Superman" now?

POSTED ON 09/19/03 AT 1:00 P.M.

BY THOMAS CHAU

SuperheroHype (http://www.superherohype.com) is reporting that because of the spat between Jon Peters, Warner Bros., and Brett Ratner regarding budget issues several months ago, Peters will now leave the "Superman" project. Ratner left this past summer due to conflicts with Peters.

The site now reports that "Ocean's Eleven" producer Jerry Weintraub will be brought in by the studio to oversee the project. It is now also reported that M. Night Shyamalan is a new contender to direct the "Superman" movie.

It has been reported that McG, who was originally chosen to direct "Superman" last year, is back on board but these new rumors may indicate that McG is off the project...again.

The site also reports that Matthew Bomer and Brendan Fraser are the top two contenders for the Superman role, with an announcement to be made soon.

Stay tuned as we find out more on this. Right now, though, keep it under your belt as a rumor.

What do you think?

I dunno...

I'm still not sold of the fact that we need another Superman movie. The Christopher Reve version isn't that old. Besides I think it is kind of disrespectfull to him, at least wait till he dies. As long as he is alive he shouldn't be known as the "guy who WAS Superman," he should just be called "Superman."

I think M. Night will do a decent job, but not if Brendan Fraser is in the film. Come on, Superman is not a comedy. The guys way too goofy to be Clark Kent.

that's what they said about Michael Keaton and Batman. ;)

sounds neat.to the person who complained about brendan fraiser,think about tim burton directing with it starring nick cage.i'm so glad that never came to be. actually i auditoned for an extra role in shamalayian's new movie the woods which is about an eighteeneth century village surrounded by mythical animals.i live near philly where he is from and most of his movies are made.and micheal keaton as batman was still a shitty decision in my book.what was sad about that alec baldwin who was also in beetlejuice would have been a hell of a lot better.

Superman is lame. He's just an unoriginal catch-all.

I hope your joking.

Superman IS the original.

Geez... :rolleyes:

Yeah he's the original alright...originally Lame Superhero - and the old movies are God-Awful. :p

I'd laugh my @$$ off if they cast Brendon 'Monkey Bone' Frasier as Stuperman, that would be par for the course.

I for one hope this project never, ever sees the light of day. WB should put some resources behind a hero that hasn't seen any screentime like Green Lantern or somebody. B)

-b.

I hope your joking.

Yeah he's the original alright...originally Lame Superhero - and the old movies are God-Awful. :p

I'd laugh my @$$ off if they cast Brendon 'Monkey Bone' Frasier as Stuperman, that would be par for the course.

I for one hope this project never, ever sees the light of day. WB should put some resources behind a hero that hasn't seen any screentime like Green Lantern or somebody. B)

-b.

See above. :D

I hope your joking.

Really? What about Achilles for one....or Odysseus(or however you spell it) Geez :rolleyes:

I hope you are REALLY joking here. If no one wrote anymore stories because it was done already sometime in the distant past, we'd have nothing at all. It's ALL been done before, so get over it. Nothing new under the sun.

I hope your joking.

Really? What about Achilles for one....or Odysseus(or however you spell it) Geez :rolleyes:

I was assuming we were talking about modern superheroes here.

Although Odysseus is no where near a superhero. He's more realistic in that he's just a really clever cookie.

If using mythology as a basis, then, yes- Superman is not the original.

I hope your joking.

Beowulf is the original.

You can tell Max is a Hulk reader. B)

I like Superman as a comic and Kristin Kreuk makes Smallville worth watching, but I don't like the idea of them making a new Superman. Especially if they try making it with Shamalayian and Brendan Frasier. Do we really need more Superman?

I hope your joking.

I was assuming we were talking about modern superheroes here.

Although Odysseus is no where near a superhero. He's more realistic in that he's just a really clever cookie.

If using mythology as a basis, then, yes- Superman is not the original.

I think he was refering to the Iliad, which is all super heroes.

I hope your joking.

Beowulf is the original.

I like Superman as a comic and Kristin Kreuk makes Smallville worth watching, but I don't like the idea of them making a new Superman. Especially if they try making it with Shamalayian and Brendan Frasier. Do we really need more Superman?

that would be a big fat H#ll Naw.

:p

I hope your joking.

Beowulf is the original.

that would be a big fat H#ll Naw.

:p

Yes, We need more Superman. We also need more Superboy, Supergirl, Krypto, Streaky, General Zod, etc., etc.,etc.,...... B)

Ooooh Beowulf! Good one! Jesus probably counts to... especially to some people I know.

Why are we ommiting mythology? I have heard comics referred to as mythology many times. The only difference is that we don't believe it. :)

Of course if you're talking strictly about COMIC Books, then I suppose Superman can be the first, but not the original :D

In any case, Superman = teh gheymosexual.

Gasp!!! I haven't watched this film in AGES. And now I've just completed watching the box set with all four films. Superman is the QUINTESSENTIAL superhero movie! There is no other superhero movie that can touch it! Batman? Spider-man? Blade? Halk? Daredevil? BOW THE frakk DOWN!!!

Richard Donnar took this project back in 1978 and did the IMPOSSIBLE! He made a film about the baddest superhero in the world and made it great and CONVINCING!

Christopher Reeve frakking NAILED the role! I mean...the guy IS the man of steel! There is no other actor that can pull off this role!

If the rumors of a remake is true, then they are making a critical mistake IMO. I would honestly rather see them take Chris Reeve and CGI him to make him walk and fly again than to see some retard take the role and mangle it!

All the sequels are fantastic too!

II had the badass villians and saw Supes give up everything for the one he loved, with a uber cool kickass climatic battle at the end!

III had a fun lighthearted plot with the help of Dick Pryor and we got to see Supes get all lazy and crap! Oh and when he fights himself at the junkyard that was my absolute FAVORITE scene when I was a kid!

IV is the only one I was kinda meh about though.

Anyway Superman The Movie, and the quadrilogy as a whole, is the best comic book to film adaptation ever!!

LEAVE THE FRANCHISE ALONE DAMMIT! :angry:

Off the subject slightly, but besides the original Chris Reeve movies, the only other Superman stories I liked were the Lois and Clark TV show. Smallville just doesn't do it for me.

Lois and Clark was like a modern day Moonlighting of sorts.

Shaq can reprise his role as Steel

And perhaps we can also get a sequel to that gem that was Shaqfu. <_< :lol::p

Superman is lame... but then again, I find all comic book heroes to be lame. With Spawn leading the pack. <_<

On a side note... the first 2 Superman movies were entertaining.... but I never really liked man in tights wearing his underwear overthem. <_<