NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

If just a tone change, I probably wouldn't even notice a problem unless I saw the two together (and even then, I couldn't say which was more right).

I do wish to get the version that was shown on the Toynamy booth at Anime Expo. That tan blue is just the right one for me. Somewhere on this thread was also posted a picture of a boxed Alpha from the same event, only the color looked different, more like the prototype. If you look carefully the certificate of authenticity you'll see that it's the 200th (I know, I'm a frigging geek):ph34r: The boxed Alpha that Tom brought to the MWCon looks also different, but in this case the number can't be seen :(

Whether if this was just a case of bad lighting, or if those two apparent different colors are indeed the two versions, I'll only find out when my Alpha get's here, I only hope that if I get one of the first 3000, it becomes a pricey rare item sometime. :p

I hope the following doesn't violate any rules of decorum or anything, if it does, mods please delete, but I thought that it is significant enough to CP here. The following was lifted directly from the RT.com forums, posted by Rocco_77:

Subject: Ok guys, I've got the reply from Toynami...

Posted On: July 12, 2004 - 11:32:13 AM

Dear Rocco Txxxxx,

Rumors are just rumors! We are producing the Scott Alpha Veritech in two

waves, 7500 units will ship in the first wave and the balance will come 45

days later. All 15000 units will be physically identical, so rest assure

that their is no need to wait and buy your Alpha later. The first 3000 will

have a slight repackaging of the Alpha in the blister tray, but really not

significant to wait for your edition. Early numbers are usually more

desirable so we personally recommend you getting any edition you can. The

first wave is already all pre-sold and sales are getting more aggressive on

the second wave, so you should not wait.

In regards to the Beta....? If sales are justified with all four editions of

the Alpha, which they are so far, we will heavily consider the Beta. Some

mock ups have already been started and this monster is quite big. If the

Beta is to come out and this is "IF", do not expect it for at least another

2 years. They will of course connect to all of the Alpha's. We appreciate

your support and hope you enjoy the Alpha MPC when it comes out.

Regards,

Toynami, Inc.

I would also appear that our hopes for a Beta are not in vain! I realize that in the reply they say, "at least another 2 years," which kinda sucks, but hey... if it really happens, then it will be worth the wait I think.... They've already done MOCK-UPS! SWEET!! It still doesn't guarantee anything, but it is most definitely a great start...

Thanks to EVERYONE here that continues to support this thread, and the desire for a linkable BETA MPC... GO TEAM!!!

It appears that the variation will be packaging related and that a Beta may indeed be in the very early stages of development...sweet.

I don't think two years is that unreasonable, they probably want to milk the alpha design before they launch another MPC.

besides... don't they kinda have to come up with the beta design on their own this time around?

Ok....

the $64,000 question is WHY 2 yrs? Cyclones MPCs should already be in the development stages....it shouldnt take that long.

Toynami don't want to release two kinds of RT MPCs at the same time, so a year for the Alphas, and year for the Cyclones... ends up being two years...

I am wondering about the shadow alpha. Has anyone heard if it will just be a recolor like the superposeable was, or will they do the remolding for a real dark legios? :unsure:

Since this is MPC they better remold that shiet.

I will probably buy all 4 just so the Beta/Tread will come out.

;)

Mechaniac...

Thanks for posting the reply I got from Toynami... I was going to get around to it myself here soon actually...

The news I got seems pretty promising, but the time frame is a bit frustrating... Oh well... If a Tread/Beta does get produced, I think it will be worth the wait... And actually, as much as I want a Tread/Beta, I would like to see the Cyclone MPCs...

EDIT: From what I remember reading a while back at RT.com, the Shadow Alpha will be "accurate" to the line art... Isn't the main difference in the shoulder area?

Edited by rocco_77

I'll buy the whole Alphas line, both because I like 'em all, and because I wan't a Beta, tho' I realize the chances are small. After all it isn't as popular as the Alpha and the production costs will be high. Now I hope that Toynami does really well so they can afford the adventure and succeed where others have failed.

Personally I don't give a damn about the Cyclons. I'll probably buy one if they look good, but there's no way they can make them perfect transformation, and I'm a perfect transformation guy, so I prefer the Beta any day. Maybe we should poll it to make Toynami change their minds about the whole Beta thing. :rolleyes:

That doesn't sound to promising to me. Sounds like they have some reservations about the beta design and might be setting the fans up to be let down easy--just in case. If so, perhaps it's because they are having difficulties with the way the beta and legioss fit together. Not so much how they connect using the tread's docking boom, but how the edges of each mate together, especially when the legioss is in fighter mode. (there always seems to be a little anime-magic going on along those edges...)

How tall/wide should a 1/55 scale beta be? I doubt it would be that big with a legioss that small. No taller than the vf-1 MPC...?

Anyhow, not sure if I would get one, but I do hope for a tread. Especially if it mates nicely with both fighter and soldier mode legioss.

That doesn't sound to promising to me. Sounds like they have some reservations about the beta design and might be setting the fans up to be let down easy--just in case. If so, perhaps it's because they are having difficulties with the way the beta and legioss fit together. Not so much how they connect using the tread's docking boom, but how the edges of each mate together, especially when the legioss is in fighter mode. (there always seems to be a little anime-magic going on along those edges...)

i totally concur...

also with Shin about the delays Toynami tends to have...

The Beta seems unlikely to happen to me. It would be wisest to just assume that it won't happen, then if it does, it's a pleasant surprise. Anyone who is buying Alphas just to get a Beta made is setting themselves up for disappointment, IMO. Buy the Alphas on their own merits, or don't buy them at all. :)

Buy the Alphas on their own merits, or don't buy them at all. :)

I agree with this... I'm not buying the Alphas just to help out Toynami's sales with hopes of a Beta... But I will continue to be optimistic about it... Yes, there will be a lot of disappointed fans if the Beta never gets made... myself included, but it's not the end of the world. It would just be about the coolest thing ever if it did happen though.

I pre ordered two and if I see any in the local toy shop I may buy more. :rolleyes:

JT

Thanks for the pictures. Although they look like prototypes (solid blue canopies) this is the first time I've seen the Red Alpha MPC in fighter mode, and the first time ever for the Green version in any mode. Damn, they do look nice, don't they? My only nitpick other than the clown feet is the sensor pod just looks "off".

I will have the red, I will have the green.

For some reason the green alpha's head looks a little odd to me. Maybe it's just the picture. Is it a photoshop job, or a real photograph?

Can someone tell me what the blue mark on the front of the red alpha's face is supposed to be? I note that it's a different color than the eyes (which are yellow). The superposeable had the blue mark too, but I don't think the big gakken toy had it. It looks like the drawing at the Mospeada home page has a blue mark of some sort inbetween the eyes, too. Is it just decorative, or is it supposed to be some sort of sensor? Is toynami correct to include that mark on their toy?

Thanks for posting the pix!