Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

• 3 weeks later...

Now it's too late for the preorder by hlj but a new line of Binaltech = BT Asterisk will be available by the end of September. These are repaints, we will get Alert as a Subaru WRX, tha expected Sunstreaker as a Yellow Dead End... They will come with female drivers :lol:

Lots of stuff happened while MW was down.

-Galaxy Force CG renders of Soundwave and Primus were leaked*note Primus was the "top secret" item that hasbro is to unveil this week at comiccon...3pm on thursday or friday I forget which day.

-Someone from keyvectorsigma.com reviewed the cybertron metroplex(megalo convoy) prototype.

-Vangauard team released in japan...and exigazer is smaller than excillion.

-Cybertron hit the USA

-TF writers jumped ship from the live action movie to work on mission impossible 3.

And a bunch of other stuff but I forgot lol.

I'm not sure what this is...took from another forum

But apparently Takara will be releasing their future BT line with anime poseable girls to scale!

TRX_L.jpg

Wolfx thats the binaltech asterik line.

310366[/snapback]

Did i miss something in the pages back? What's the Binaltech Asterik line?

310416[/snapback]

It's a new sub-range of Binaltech featuring repaints/moulds of existing figures that come with to-scale human "drivers".

So far 3 have been announced.

Alert: Police repaint/mould of the Subaru.

Sunstreaker: plain yellow repaint of deadend

Broadcast: colour uncertain. it's based on the as-yet unreleased toyota bB/Scion xB

Wolfx thats the binaltech asterik line.

310366[/snapback]

Did i miss something in the pages back? What's the Binaltech Asterik line?

310416[/snapback]

It's a new sub-range of Binaltech featuring repaints/moulds of existing figures that come with to-scale human "drivers".

So far 3 have been announced.

Alert: Police repaint/mould of the Subaru.

Sunstreaker: plain yellow repaint of deadend

Broadcast: colour uncertain. it's based on the as-yet unreleased toyota bB/Scion xB

310587[/snapback]

Ah ccool...thanks. I thought that was prowl

does anyone know if any of these new binaltech asteriks will eventually turn into alternators?..

Apparently yes, since there are already plastic Hasbro test shots of Sunstreaker on e-bay. No sign of a figure though, so no idea if they will be included with the Alternators version.

and also.. are these females drivers all new characters or are they from some other existing show?

They appear to be new characters that fit with the theme of the BT character they are paired with.

does anyone know if any of these new binaltech asteriks will eventually turn into alternators?..

Apparently yes, since there are already plastic Hasbro test shots of Sunstreaker on e-bay. No sign of a figure though, so no idea if they will be included with the Alternators version.

and also.. are these females drivers all new characters or are they from some other existing show?

They appear to be new characters that fit with the theme of the BT character they are paired with.

310988[/snapback]

From what Kickback at tfw said, the girls are a takara thing, not hasbro.

i just saw him he looks pretty cool. i may at some point pick this one up.

chris

Finally the local Toys 'R Us had some Alternators again. All the stores that used to carry them suddenly stopped, for months. I'd about given up hope. Wound up out on the town before work yesterday and on a whim decided to drop in TRU, and they had Windcharger and Ravage. Unfortunately that's all they had, but I nabbed them both immeadiately.

I have to say Windcharger is a nice little TF. He looks great, and is simple to Transform. I'll have to nab a recast of his gun barrel.

At the Comic Con, I talked to a Hasbro representative and got some TF news:

- Hasbro and Takara are still looking to acquire licenses from other car manufacturers, but there are many limitations. As much as many want to see a transforming Ferrari, it won't happen, as Mattel has exclusive rights to the Italian manufacturer. The execs at BMW do not see profitability from transforming toy replicas of their cars.

- Decepticharge's release has been delayed because the final prototype's head failed safety specs.

- Prowl (Acura RSX patrol car) and Autobot Skids (Scion xB) will be at stores later this year.

- There's a chance that Hasbro will re-release Alternator Tracks later this year, due to the high demand and extremely low volume last year.

- This September, Costco will sell an exclusive TF gift set featuring R.I.D Optimus Prime (Super Fire Convoy) and Ultra Magnus (God Magnus). Later this year, TRU will offer a Cybertron gift set which includes Vector Prime and a smaller version of Starscream.

When I worked for Sony Playstation, I remember I talked to a Bmw salesman who told me that the company was not interested by including their vehicles in Gran Turismo for the same reason ( profitability ) and now, how many Bmw cars can we choose in GT4 ?

So I think we'll just have to wait especially with the live action movie by Speilberg's Dreamworks ( Bmw like to advertise their cars in films for example in the James Bond movies like Golden Eye etc... )

A7, Hasbro also announced that there would be larger alternators at a higher pricepoint later on as well. Did you get any info on that>? Everyones going crazy thinking they are jets!(inclyuding me lol).

311571[/snapback]

There was no mention about jets for the Alternators line. However, Hasbro wants to make Alternator SUVs, which means they'll be bigger and slightly more expensive.

- Decepticharge's release has been delayed because the final prototype's head failed safety specs.

Eh? Is that only for the U.S. release? I believe it has been released in Hong Kong. BBTS already got their shipment, although whether it was from Hasbro USA I don't know. But I got the figure from them about a week ago. Not bad. Not great since the plastic has varying shades and some parts appear more metallic than others, but still a fun little TF. I can post pics later if anyone wants.

Also, anyone found Alternators Swerve in their local stores? I can't find him here so if anyone can help, let me know.

- This September, Costco will sell an exclusive TF gift set featuring R.I.D Optimus Prime (Super Fire Convoy) and Ultra Magnus (God Magnus). Later this year, TRU will offer a Cybertron gift set which includes Vector Prime and a smaller version of Starscream.

Will it be the original colours, or will it be a whole new colour scheme?

Anyone else dissapointed with the $50 US Starscream from Cybertron. They just blew up the small one. His damn hands look like bricks. I think I will wait for the 2 pack with the smaller one.

Some interesting upcoming stuff:

http://www.fantofan.jp/earlybirdsp.htm

Colour pics of the Asterisk line with the girl figures, plus the new "Transformer EZ" line. First I've heard of this: It seems theres gonna be yet ANOTHER version of Galaxy Convoy (and Megs and SScream), this time 9cm tall and at a bargain price point. It'll probably be all PVC.