The Legend of Zelda

fairygirl

I recently acquired the AM JuJu : Haruhiko Mikimoto Cell Works and I was looking through the pages. Imagine my surprise to see two sketches from the game The Legend of Zelda. I was wondering if there's a reason why he drew them and why they were included in this book. I'm a big time Zelda fan as well.

The first picture is not obvious.

post-2-1106677068_thumb.jpg

Edited by fairygirl

Cmon who isnt a Zelda fan. That game was so awesome at the time and still is. I know as a kid I drew a ton of pictures of Link fighting Ganon and his minions.

I wonder what else Mikamoto was a fan of. Mario?

Link seems somewhat adult in those images. My bet is they were for Zelda II. As for why he drew them, it's pretty obvious, someone paid him to. :p

Really? :huh: They look like kids to me, about right for the story.

Yes, I'm a big fan of Mikimoto, glad to see more of his stuff.

Link seems somewhat adult in those images. My bet is they were for Zelda II. As for why he drew them, it's pretty obvious, someone paid him to. :p

Link in LoZ is a really little kid 6yrs old or so. In Zelda2 hes a teen like the drawings.

Link in LoZ is a really little kid 6yrs old or so. In Zelda2 hes a teen like the drawings.

In legend of zelda on NES there is absoloutly nothing to indicate links age in game. Maybe some of the artwork on the box or something, but we all know how innacurate nes box art was back then.

My point is that, Links age isn't given. And if you're going off his looks? well he's the same size and shape as just about every other person of his type in the game..

sorry i just hear alot of people claiming they know links age when really, there just isn't enough info given.

In legend of zelda on NES there is absoloutly nothing to indicate links age in game. Maybe some of the artwork on the box or something, but we all know how innacurate nes box art was back then.

My point is that, Links age isn't given. And if you're going off his looks? well he's the same size and shape as just about every other person of his type in the game..

sorry i just hear alot of people claiming they know links age when really, there just isn't enough info given.

Oh well, reality is nothing but a perception. That's my perception and I'm sticking to it. :p

We still have Zelda 2's insistance tha the just turned 16 at the beginning of the game. And that "many seasons have passed" since Link killed Gannon.

So he's not all that old in the first game. 13 at best.

I think the pictures are for the first Zelda game. I looked at the index, and the pictures are dated '86 even though the book was printed in 1989. Also the guy in the picture isn't wearing any pants like the artwork in the first Zelda game. In Zelda II, he is wearing pants. I guess as a kid, you can get away without wearing any pants. :lol:

I've seen those images before, but they weren't credited for Zelda. They were for something else, if I recall.

I don't suppose you remember where you've seen these pictures before. I'll scan in the index later and hopefully someone can translate and the mystery can be solved.

Maybe it's Hikaru and Minmei cosplaying Link and Zelda. Maybe they were ment for the costume changing sequence in DYRL?

Maybe if Zelda came out in 1984.

Zelda hit Japan in 1986.

DYRL 1984.

So that theory is out the window.

And this is related to Macross how? Zelda doesn't appear in Macross as far as I know...  ;)  Wrong forum honey...  :rolleyes:

Maybe, just maybe, it's because this is the "Other" Anime or Science Fiction area. Or am I being too obvious?

It wasn't always. :rolleyes: