The MW Automotive Thread

areaseven

Well, no wonder the new Stang is listed at 3550 lbs.  I hate to come back to the same thing again, but it's really the only big thing detracting from the new Stang for me.  Stylistically speaking, this thing has a big fat arse!  Even bigger than my old car.  And I bet I still have more trunk space [could get a whole body in mine!]  :p

322142[/snapback]

I am with ya man, the rear end (allong with the rest of the car) is huge. I like all but the back end, its like they had the perfect car, then they decided to put a Buick trunk on it.

Wow, can this thing drive. Took it down the hill to a little twisty for a few minutes (with my dad worrying nonstop from the passenger seat...), drives awesome, and sounds even better.  :D  Makes me wish I'd gotten one myself, but it's a bit out of my range. Think I would have taken a Z over it, anyway, but they're effectively the same car.

322159[/snapback]

The stock sound of the G35 coupe is one of the best I've heard, especially if you're in a multilevel or underground garage. The G35 is an excellent car. Probably the best bang for your buck in the entry level premium sport sedan/coupe market compared to the BMW 3 series, Mercedes C-class, Lexus IS, Acura TSX/TL, Audi A4, and Jaguar X-type (we're not talking Mustang GT's or WRX STi's here).

I find the G35 coupe to be quite a good looking car, but I don't like the G35 sedan styling as much.

Well, no wonder the new Stang is listed at 3550 lbs.  I hate to come back to the same thing again, but it's really the only big thing detracting from the new Stang for me.  Stylistically speaking, this thing has a big fat arse!  Even bigger than my old car.  And I bet I still have more trunk space [could get a whole body in mine!]  :p

322142[/snapback]

I am with ya man, the rear end (allong with the rest of the car) is huge. I like all but the back end, its like they had the perfect car, then they decided to put a Buick trunk on it.

322872[/snapback]

You guys are nuts. Besides, I thought some guys liked a girl with a bit of junk in her trunk. :p

Wow, can this thing drive. Took it down the hill to a little twisty for a few minutes (with my dad worrying nonstop from the passenger seat...), drives awesome, and sounds even better.  :D  Makes me wish I'd gotten one myself, but it's a bit out of my range. Think I would have taken a Z over it, anyway, but they're effectively the same car.

322159[/snapback]

The stock sound of the G35 coupe is one of the best I've heard, especially if you're in a multilevel or underground garage. The G35 is an excellent car. Probably the best bang for your buck in the entry level premium sport sedan/coupe market compared to the BMW 3 series, Mercedes C-class, Lexus IS, Acura TSX/TL, Audi A4, and Jaguar X-type (we're not talking Mustang GT's or WRX STi's here).

I find the G35 coupe to be quite a good looking car, but I don't like the G35 sedan styling as much.

322943[/snapback]

Hey man! I assume you got my PM over at M3forum. Good to see you over here.

You guys are nuts. Besides, I thought some guys liked a girl with a bit of junk in her trunk.  :p

Sure, I think women with curves are the greatest. For instance IMHO, I always thought J-Lo looked better before she listened to all the Hollywood fashionistas and gossip columnists and lost all that weight. But the new 'Stang? That ain't a J-Lo rear--that's more like, Roseanne or something. :blink:

"Meat is for the man. Bones are for the dog." :p

Let's change the direction of this thread by talking about/debating about somewhat unattainable supercars for most of us.

Let's start off at the top of the line cars from Ferrari, Porsche, and Mercedes Benz.

If you had the means, which one would you choose?

Enzo

post-184-1125198581_thumb.jpg

Carrera GT

post-184-1125198658_thumb.jpg

SLR Maclaren

post-184-1125198735_thumb.jpg

I personally think the Enzo is an ugly car, which means I wouldn't get it, even though it has the best performance numbers. It's got the most advanced sequential manual gearbox, which is a big plus.

The SLR Maclaren is the best bet if I wanted the ultimate GT car. In other words, it's the car most drivers can use day to day without much worry (relatively). 5 speed automatic transmission with a manual mode is a good compromise if you don't track the car regularly.

The Carrera GT offers a conventional manual transmission. Probably the best compromise between the Enzo and SLR Maclaren in terms of performance and day-to-day driveability.

To be honest, I probably wouldn't get any of these cars, even if I had the means. My money probably be spent on the Ferrari F430!!

Edited by PC Valkyrie

how bout we just wish for a F1 car? that's unattainable for ALL of us.....

I still prefer cars that are attainable to cars that aren't, at least I know my dreams are somewhat in reach.

Those are both sick. How much is the Foose Design going for? But I think I like the cevinis a little better. The Foose has better wheels. They make really good body kits. I love the 99-04 stalker kit.

Hrm. Where do I post for car model news?

Anyway, it looks like Fujimi is releasing Ferrari F430 kits. What does this mean for Tamiya? I'm uncertain. Do Japanese companies release kits of the same subject at the same time? I feel that chances of Tamiya making the F430 kits are getting slimmer and slimmer all the time.

What is certain is that Fujimi's kit will probably be lacking in details, the kit will be curbside, and it'll be ridiculously expensive for what we get.

In other news, Fujimi is releasing the Murcielago Roadster and Tamiya is releasing the Ferrari F40GT. I wonder if the new F40 kit will have all new tooling or will it recycle the old F40 kit, which isn't really bad to begin with?

Hrm. Where do I post for car model news?

Anyway, it looks like Fujimi is releasing Ferrari F430 kits. What does this mean for Tamiya? I'm uncertain. Do Japanese companies release kits of the same subject at the same time? I feel that chances of Tamiya making the F430 kits are getting slimmer and slimmer all the time.

326714[/snapback]

A little competition didn't hurt anyone. I'm sure Tamiya will come up with their F430 kit.

What is certain is that Fujimi's kit will probably be lacking in details, the kit will be curbside, and it'll be ridiculously expensive for what we get.

What a rip-off. I hate curbside. If it's one thing a car model kit needs, it's an engine. And curbside takes the fun out of it.

In other news, Fujimi is releasing the Murcielago Roadster and Tamiya is releasing the Ferrari F40GT. I wonder if the new F40 kit will have all new tooling or will it recycle the old F40 kit, which isn't really bad to begin with?

I bet it's a recycled kit, as Tamiya likes to do that with their car and fighter plane kits. But hey - a 20-year-old Tamiya kit is still better than a brand new Revell kit.

Speaking of Revell, I may have to bite the bullet and buy their 2005 Mustang kit, as no one else will make one.

Speaking of Revell, I may have to bite the bullet and buy their 2005 Mustang kit, as no one else will make one.

326782[/snapback]

Modern Revell kits aren't bad at all. Of course, it's nothing compared to Tamiya, but details-wise, Revell kits are better than even standard Fujimi.

Here's an unmodified Revell Integra underbody: http://www.uweb.ucsb.edu/~stamen0083/progs...ntegra%2004.jpg

Revell has a Tuners RSX kit coming out. Their Ferrari 612 Scaglietti kit is getting rave reviews.

As a sign that things are totally off-kilter [or just that these people have more money than sense], this Ferrari 275 GTS/4 NART Spyder sold at the Pebble Beach auction for $3.96M. But a fuggin VW Campmobile for $99,000?! Now the Ferrari's got some significant race history, is ultra rare [1 of 4 made] or something like that, and the Prancing Horse usually commands high figures like that. But $99K for a little camper--and not even a good one at that? Is there some sort of rich historical significance or something I'm missing here? Doesn't exactly look like the kind of vehicle that "put the world into RV'ing" or anything like that. I mean really--would you want to try to sleep in the da-n thing? Doesn't look at all hospitable. What is this world coming to?

post-1488-1126531570.jpg

post-1488-1126531584.jpg

Edited by reddsun1

Hey all,

Just returned from my first track with my newish BMW - I'm hooked! This new baby has eaten into my Macross time this summer - but with Winter approaching, I'll cuddle up with MW again... I promise... :blink:

post-244-1126624835_thumb.jpg

Hey all,

Just returned from my first track with my newish BMW - I'm hooked! This new baby has eaten into my Macross time this summer - but with Winter approaching, I'll cuddle up with MW again... I promise... :blink:

327953[/snapback]

very nice, how much did you pay? i have been seriously looking at the BMW M-series and the 5-series. maybe i can someday soon join you on the track. :p

chris

The kit looks nice to me, but it doesn't impress me nearly as much as the wheels. The look like Edelbrock 454's or Hallibrands. I'd love to have a set of those on my GT.

327949[/snapback]

Hey Axelay, I noticed that you're also on The Mustang Source forums. Guess that makes four of us (including myself, bsu and Hurricane29). Got any pics of your GT?

Hey all,

327953[/snapback]

very nice, how much did you pay? i have been seriously looking at the BMW M-series and the 5-series. maybe i can someday soon join you on the track. :p

chris

327996[/snapback]

Its a 2000 328Ci with all sports pkg upgrades, new brakes, rotors, rims & 17" staggard setup - I got it for just under 30K canadian with the remainder of the factory warranty till Dec of this year (its a BMW Certified Pre-Owned from the dealer). Its a little more because of the immaculate condition and the CPO (the previous owner only had 78,000km on it and drove it so little that the on-board computer didn't even require a Inspection II till 100,000km) - although I am changing that with the way I'm driving it :D I got it on the 1.9% financing - look for it, its quite reasonable if you can find a good CPO. An new M3 would be over 80K!

i have seen some nice used M3, which is what i am looking at. even used these cars are usually so well taken care off it seems like you are sitting in a new car.

chris

Hey William, we got almost the identical car! I've got an '02 330Ci in the same titanium color. Looks like you got better financing than I did though. Mine's fully loaded as well, sports package, premium package, M series 17's, 225HP god I love that thing. Handles like a dream with the tuned suspension.

I've been on ebay doing a bit of customization. I change the shifter to the matching burlwood trim that's inside the car. I got rid of those stupid orange reflectors on the front bumper and installed some that are painted like the car. I also got rid of the drivers side door keyhole with a painted piece that replaces it, makes the whole thing look a lot more smooth and uniform.

I installed the universal garage door openner (can't figure out why this didn't some standard, hello?) and installed the factory alarm, stupid thing is you have to have the dealer activate it for $120 bucks, how lame is that.

Anyway congrats, the movie biz must be treating you better than you lead on.

I posted a pic of mine earlier in this thread here http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...c=12741&st=1000

Edited by Grayson72