hellohikaru

43 members have voted

1. 1. Projectile Gunpod Sounds

• DYRL
    • SDF Macross
    • Macross Plus
    • Macross 7
    • Macross Zero

The DYRL and TV series gunpod sounds about the same....what's the diff?

Apart from the usual minigun/vulcan hum, they added in some laser-ry sounds while its being fired. :lol:

Ya gotta love that lawn mower sounding VF-1 gunpod.

EDIT: The sound effect was used in other animes too (like Gundam 0083 for example).

Edited by UN Spacy

Ya gotta love that lawn mower sounding VF-1 gunpod.

EDIT: The sound effect was used in other animes too (like Gundam 0083 for example).

Vulcan cannons really DO sound like that....minus the laser-ry sounds. So its not really a brand new sound effect.

In Black Hawk Down, there's a scene were some of the soldiers were pinned down by fire (when didn't this happen?) and a chopper flies by over head. The door gunner let's loose with the mini-gun and rains a bunch of hot casings on the soldiers.

Loved the sound effect for the mini-gun....and couldn't help imagining what it would have sounded like if it were GU-11 sized. :D

DYRL? sounded cleanest. JinRoh had the worst sound for the MG42 they used. it didnt chatter enough. if you watch saving private ryan the sound it should have had is clearly heard in the opening scene when the gate drops and the camera is in the bunker.

This is somewhat off-topic as well but it looks like I'm not the first.

I ran 3dMark05 a couple times today and am struck by the visual cues of the heavy armor gatling guns in the sci-fi themed test. That is the best animated mini-gun I've ever seen bar none - the hail of fire that came out was literaly like a wall of death.

The sound wasn't half bad in the demo, either :p

Though it ran pretty choppy on my machine.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

JinRoh had the worst sound for the MG42 they used. it didnt chatter enough. if you watch saving private ryan the sound it should have had is clearly heard in the opening scene when the gate drops and the camera is in the bunker.

Actually the "MG42" sound fx in SPR were way, way to slow. 1200 rpm sounds much faster, higher pitched and has less distinct "chatter" to it. I can't recall what Jin Roh had in the way of sounds.

in Jin Roh it was all bass and no chatter at all. in SPR though it is very close i agree it sounded slowed down but they didnt rerecord any gunfire in the film thats why there is no bass but more popping. "Live" bass from a gunshot does not record very well it has to be artificially created. the slower rate of fire could be that they were using backdated MG3s.i was out at the firing range testing out the one from our museum before we got it demilled :( oh well another piece of history gone. also the german military still uses the MG42 design to this day it is renamed the MG3 looks the same except black. its my favorite weapon.

anyway back to the macross gun sounds my second favorite has to be the macross plus movie version YF-21 gunpods. thats also MG42/3 just slowed down too.

Macross Plus 'pods for me. If we could include other animes, I'd like to mention Voices of a distant star, or Yukikaze....

I like DYRL's gunpod sound the best.

Yeap. Me too. But I thought both Macross and DYRL were the same. Or am I mistaken?

Nope. DYRL came out after Macross the series. Check out the Pinned thread in this forum :)

By the by :: The more I listen to it, the more I am liking Macross Zero's gunpod sound. Especially in the very first dogfight scene where Roy transforms and takes out the amber/yellow enemy battroid :)

I like DYRL's gunpod sound the best.

Yeap. Me too. But I thought both Macross and DYRL were the same. Or am I mistaken?

Nope. DYRL came out after Macross the series. Check out the Pinned thread in this forum :)

By the by :: The more I listen to it, the more I am liking Macross Zero's gunpod sound. Especially in the very first dogfight scene where Roy transforms and takes out the amber/yellow enemy battroid :)

hes talking about the sounds. I need to watch the dvds again i don't remember the tv series having gunpod sounds.