New Anakin pic

EXO

Didn't see anyone mention this rumor... word has it that besides the new Padme footage Lucas is shooting for the original trilogy, he's entertaining the idea of redoing Ep 4's light saber fight between Obiwan and Vader using digital doubles to make them look more exciting.

I sure hope Sir Alec Guiness is not rolling in his grave.

Edit in:

Original AICN report

Edited by Jolly Rogers

Didn't see anyone mention this rumor... word has it that besides the new Padme footage Lucas is shooting for the original trilogy, he's entertaining the idea of redoing Ep 4's light saber fight between Obiwan and Vader using digital doubles to make them look more exciting.

WHAT?!?!

edit: I suck at teh intarweb.

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

I have mixed feelings about that. Personally after seeing Luke and Vader fighting in ESB and even Yoda getting down in AoTC. I always feel that fight could have been a lot better and had more to it. Then again I'm not all for change it with CG. Maybe in episode 3 someone could have some sort of vision into the future and show them fighting. We don't get the see the entire thing if I"m remembering correctly. It cuts to other scenes during the beginning of their fight I think. Not sure though. But if that was the case the additional scenes could have happen then. But not actually changing the A New Hope footage.

Edited by Effect

I don't think he would dare..... we are talking about mass riots here!! :rolleyes:

I have so many versions on VHS I don't remember what did and what didn't come out anymore...

Well word is that not only is Lucas refusing to release the original trilogy as we know and love them, but when they do finally come out on DVD, it'll have those additional and updated scenes. He also refuses to release the SE edition we saw in the theatre right before Ep.1 came out... :(

I have so many versions on VHS I don't remember what did and what didn't come out anymore...

Well word is that not only is Lucas refusing to release the original trilogy as we know and love them, but when they do finally come out on DVD, it'll have those additional and updated scenes. He also refuses to release the SE edition we saw in the theatre right before Ep.1 came out... :(

Thats quite a milking if you ask me... enough to make Bandai and its Gundam milking techniques a run for their money. :p

Guys (and Gals)...I hope you're not putting any faith in anything AICN has to say on Star Wars. This "Digital Redux" rumor is in no way new, since it's been circulating since 2000 or so. I highly doubt Lucas has any interest in "prequelizing" the ANH duel, since he himself described the two combatants as an "Old man and a cripple."

And the supposed ROTJ Padme footage has also long since been debunked. Moreover, there's no need for extra footage, since Padme is going to DIE in Ep III. Die die, die die. Worms in her eyes.

After we read the above post, can we still bag on Lucas??? The fact that AICN is full of crap doesn't make him less of a multibillion dollar hack.

Hey, c'mon now... Locas has done a lot of good things. Howard the Duck, Jar-Jar Binks... EWOKS.

:lol:

He's so disgustingly overrated and woefully untalented. The only reason Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi were decent was because he had nothing to do with the writing or production, story and producer... Although technically producers do a lot, but surmising from his extreme involvement in Episode 2 and Episode 3, we can surmise he is the root of the crappiness. :lol:

Lucas wrote all the stories. He didn't do all the directing or screeplays though.

From Star Wars.com

The Empire Strikes Back Crew

Directed By        Irvin Kershner

Produced By      Gary Kurtz

Screenplay By    Leigh Brackett

Lawrence Kasdan

Story By            George Lucas

Executive Producer        George Lucas

Production Designer          Norman Reynolds

Director Of Photography        Peter Suschitzky B.S.C.

Edited By                  Paul Hirsch A.C.E.

Return of the Jedi Crew

Directed By                Richard Marquand

Screenplay By              Lawrence Kasdan

George Lucas

Story By                  George Lucas

Produced By              Howard Kazanjian

Executive Producer            George Lucas

Co-Producers                  Robert Watts

Jim Bloom

Production Designer                    Norman Reynolds

Director Of Photography            Alan Hume B.S.C.

Edited By

Sean Barton

Marcia Lucas

Duwayne Dunham

Edited by Effect

Episode II Crew

Directed By                                George Lucas

Screenplay By                            George Lucas

Jonathan Hales

Story By                                      George Lucas

Produced By                                Rick McCallum

Executive Producer                      George Lucas

Director Of Photography              David Tattersall, B.S.C.

Production Designer                    Gavin Bocquet

Editor And Sound Designer        Ben Burtt

Costume Designer                      Trisha Biggar

Casting By                                  Robin Gurland

Music By                                    John Williams

Its pretty much the same thing for Episode 3 but they don't list who did the screenplay.

Lucas wrote all the stories. He didn't do all the directing or screeplays though.

Actually, it's not too well known that Lucas actually directed the throne room scenes in Jedi, including the Anakin reveal at the very end. And although he didn't actually write the sceenplays for Empire and Jedi, he was deeply involved in story conferencing with Kasdan during the writing process. Ultimately, what's on the screen is there because he wanted it to be there. Also, e-critics also love to omit the fact that Lucas somehow managed to write and direct A New Hope all by himself, without the "help" of Kershner and Kasdan.

The only reason Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi were decent was because he had nothing to do with the writing or production, story and producer...

LOL! You have NO idea wha you're talking about. :lol:

Typo there, I meant to say direction not production. But otherwise my point is valid. Few people would disagree that Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi are the best of the Star Wars series. Thats the difference between them and A New Hope, Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones? Lucas' involvement in the script and direction. Hrmmmm...

Actually, it's not too well known that Lucas actually directed the throne room scenes in Jedi, including the Anakin reveal at the very end. And although he didn't actually write the sceenplays for Empire and Jedi, he was deeply involved in story conferencing with Kasdan during the writing process. Ultimately, what's on the screen is there because he wanted it to be there. Also, e-critics also love to omit the fact that Lucas somehow managed to write and direct A New Hope all by himself, without the "help" of Kershner and Kasdan.

Didn't know that, but he certainly did have help from a movie called "The Hidden Fortress." A New Hope really wasn't all that good, it was a basic space opera who's most impressive part was the special effects. The whoel Star Wars backstory didn't come into fruition until A New Hope was released and became popular. By itself it's average space opera at best.

Personally I liked American Graffiti, but since the early 80's Lucas' respectibility and quality of work has gone steadily down hill.

Didn't know that, but he certainly did have help from a movie called "The Hidden Fortress." A New Hope really wasn't all that good, it was a basic space opera who's most impressive part was the special effects. The whoel Star Wars backstory didn't come into fruition until A New Hope was released and became popular. By itself it's average space opera at best.

Actually, if you want to get technical the Hidden Fortress influence faded away after the first few drafts of the ANH screenplay. Phantom Menace has more in common with Hidden Fortress that the final version of ANH. How much of the saga's backstory Lucas had in mind in '77 is often debated in SW circles, but nobody can deny that subsequent installments utilized elements that were developed but shelved for the original "Star Wars" movie. New Hope may be space opera, but it never had any pretentions to the contrary. Since 1977 Lucas has billed it as such, readily citing his influences from Flash Gordon to Kurosawa. Only the fans have raised the OT (particularly Empire) to dogmatic levels.

Like it or not, these were kids movies from day 1.

Actually, if you want to get technical the Hidden Fortress influence faded away after the first few drafts of the ANH screenplay. Phantom Menace has more in common with Hidden Fortress that the final version of ANH. How much of the saga's backstory Lucas had in mind in '77 is often debated in SW circles, but nobody can deny that subsequent installments utilized elements that were developed but shelved for the original "Star Wars" movie. New Hope may be space opera, but it never had any pretentions to the contrary. Since 1977 Lucas has billed it as such, readily citing his influences from Flash Gordon to Kurosawa. Only the fans have raised the OT (particularly Empire) to dogmatic levels.

Like it or not, these were kids movies from day 1.

That is true, only the first half of HF and ANH really seem similar. Part of my problem with the notion of him having this elaborate backstory was the early scripts, which were very different and featured different characters, but hey, I'm not much of a Star Wars buff anymore.

The funniest thing is that no matter how much people bitch and whine about the prequels or Lucas in general... We all still go to see the movies. No matter how much I dog on it or complain, the fact remains that Star Wars was a big part of my childhood, and that kind of attachment won't go away just because of Jar Jar Binks.

No matter how much I dog on it or complain, the fact remains that Star Wars was a big part of my childhood, and that kind of attachment won't go away just because of Jar Jar Binks.

Heh...if Lucas had made Phantom Menace (or something resembling it) in 1977 instead of New Hope, I guarantee you that half the members of this board would have grown up sleeping in Darth Maul jammies, while sleeping between Jar Jar sheets. :lol: