New Anakin pic

EXO

Also, Bsu Legato, love your sig, book five out in 1 month!

Thanks, Gawl. If you look back a few pages in this forum, there's a thread where we were discussing the Dark Tower books.

Anakin is likely just strinking a pose, since these pictures from the Insider were supposedly taken during lighting tests or something like that.

I said it before in the old forums that Natalie Portman doesn`t fit to be Padme not because she`s a bad actor and I said that IMO that Mia Kishner is more fitting to be Padme because she resembles more like Mark Hamil and Carrie Fisher in the looks, you can a mix between but no everybody raised their blasters on me :angry:

Someone please explain me this:

From what I've seen in the movies, Jedi's are not supposed to get married, have kids/families and stuff, but how can there be more jedis if the medicloreans are inherited?

Someone please explain me this:

From what I've seen in the movies, Jedi's are not supposed to get married, have kids/families and stuff, but how can there be more jedis if the medicloreans are inherited?

Lets just say that jedis are born regardless of parent hood. Just another plot hole. ;)

Nahh...I think it's just something that's naturally occuring. Midichlorians may be passed down family lines (although that's just specualtion) or they may just randomly appear. This isn't really any different that what people have been saying about force-sensitivity for the last 20 years, you know.

As for Jedi's and marriage, yes that's forbidden. Thr point is that Jedi's are supposed to free themselves of emotional attachments. Case in point; Anakin's mom gets killed and he goes on a murder spree.

Nahh...I think it's just something that's naturally occuring. Midichlorians may be passed down family lines (although that's just specualtion) or they may just randomly appear. This isn't really any different that what people have been saying about force-sensitivity for the last 20 years, you know.

As for Jedi's and marriage, yes that's forbidden. Thr point is that Jedi's are supposed to free themselves of emotional attachments. Case in point; Anakin's mom gets killed and he goes on a murder spree.

Thats why I say Jedis are lame. <_<

At least they're relatively clean. Ever wonder what the cast of LOTR must smell like? With all of these scenic lakes and streams in middle earth, you'd think they could find the time to take a bath. :p

LOL!! :p

It reminds me of that satire LOTR site.... were it had Sam always trying to give Frodo a bath. :lol:

At least they're relatively clean. Ever wonder what the cast of LOTR must smell like? With all of these scenic lakes and streams in middle earth, you'd think they could find the time to take a bath. :p

They smell of bedridden toaster ovens, bean dipped triscuts, and burnt oakwood backscratchers.

:ph34r:

Notice how the word 'Midichlorian' was avoided all throughout the second movie, despite the big deal made of them in the first? Something tells me that Lucas and Company will do their best to forget about that very bad idea. Knowing Lucas' track record, we'll probably see a new version of The Phantom Menace in which Midichlorians never pop up. In this instance, I would think that a good idea on Lucas' part.

Rather have the dirty, gritty real look than the squeaky clean look of the new SW movies. Sheesh one of the things that made the original trilogy so cool was its gritty grimy look. I can't stand the clean I just roled off the factory line look, even if that is the case. Dirty world.... Looks cool and real, clean world, fake fake fake.

Edited by GobotFool

Notice how the word 'Midichlorian' was avoided all throughout the second movie, despite the big deal made of them in the first? Something tells me that Lucas and Company will do their best to forget about that very bad idea. Knowing Lucas' track record, we'll probably see a new version of The Phantom Menace in which Midichlorians never pop up. In this instance, I would think that a good idea on Lucas' part.

It wasn't avoided. Where were they supposed to use it? And Lucas is doing anything but backtracking. Except for maintaining that Greedo shoots first, of course. ;)

Plus all it was doing is saying that there was a phyisal relationship between biology and the Force. Qui-Gon didn't say which was cause and which was effect. Chicken vs. Egg redux. All of the people who don't like the midichlorians have insecurities about MC's being the cause when I maintain it's the effect.

midichlorian.... thats what Lucas uses to clean his pool.

Wasn't the name of the next movie "Pay up suckers?"

Its a shame Lucas went and blew up his own franchise, but you know, if I had made something as big as Star Wars I would have done the same thing. The new films are so effects heavy that in just a few years they will all look super dated. His original films hold up because they are not based on how many polygons a computer can pump out, those models really had that much detail. Hmm, I guess that was true until the Special editions, which all should have been rated with a handicap symbol.

Lucus just needs to puch this last baby out and his legacy is done. Sometime down the road after his passing Fox can do 3 more movies episodes 7-9. Movies where because the franchise is involved they will be excellent epics with real directors and writers...yes, I'm saying Luca's own franchise has passed him by. Look no further than Jar Jar for the proof.

the midichlorians were a bad idea, cause or effect.

You're welcome to think that, of course (as if I would say anything but). Objectively, it's not anything other than a re-wording of "The Force is strong in my family."

It's funny to hear people say that the movies NOW are special effects heavy. Critics said the exact same things about the "classic" trilogy. It's simply that todays critics aren't viewing through the tint of nostalgia. The original plots are NOT that good. And what was good was either adapted from other sources or part of the chemistry of the cast.

Hard to "blow up" his franchise when he's raking it in, hand over fist.

I tend to think each movie gets a bit better, myself, as I like Jedi. Not just the specific one(s) from the original trilogy. B)

Edited by Uxi

You're welcome to think that, of course (as if I would say anything but). Objectively, it's not anything other than a re-wording of "The Force is strong in my family."

i'll make an example from my favorite series, Dune. Paul's family was strong with their powers. Paul had the visions, Leto, Ghanima, Alia, all the way to hundreds of generations later and the Bashar Teg. but no where does Herbert suddenly decide while writing the books after half of them are already done to say " the visions are caused by some tiny organism or particle, traced in the blood" that had NEVER BEFORE BEEN MENTIONED. Genetics is one thing. to say his family was strong is another. but i think Lucas made a logical leap that made no sense whatsoever outside his mind. i still say that lucas, who was never the best writer, decided to pull something out of his ass to try and explain this. some of the others have mentioned it. why very little mention in the second movie? in the originals, if the Emperor and Vader know that Force usage can be traced through blood, why not search for samples and find the twins? it doesn't make sense to me, sorry.

but no where does Herbert suddenly decide while writing the books after half of them are already done to say " the visions are caused by some tiny organism or particle, traced in the blood" that had NEVER BEFORE BEEN MENTIONED. Genetics is one thing. to say his family was strong is another.

YOU are the one putting emphasis on cause (and by extension, effect) when nothing Qui-Gon said indicates which is which. ALL the very brief mention of Midichlorians did was say there was a correlation. And in the specific case, it was VERY unusual, (though Qui-Gon openly admitted, he didn't know what it meant). For all you know, midichlorians are caused by the strength in the Force, not the other way around.

Noone has mentioned genetics at all except you. Certainly not Qui-Gon. Neither has Lucas except through Luke saying that the "Force is strong" in his family. All that leaves to stress you is the fact that it wasn't mentioned before. Off camera, Yoda could have given Luke all sorts of "midichlorian" evidence. It woudln't change anything Luke, Vader, or the Emperor did from Empire through Return.

[it would only make difference AFTER Empire when Luke tries to rebuild the Jedi Order, as Yoda instructed. But that's EU and outside of the scope of this discussion (though FTR, there IS a mechanical device Luke uses in his search that detects Force-sensitives, though it doesn't say how it works).]

In summary, YOU are the one connecting dots that have no business being connected... and certainly not in the manner you're connecting them.

As far as looking for twins. Vader didn't KNOW that Luke had a twin until that climatic moment in Return of the Jedi. You are sentenced to watch the entire "yub yub" song in penance. :) As far as looking for Luke... the fact that he had the name Skywalker would negate the need for such a test on Luke, woudln't it? There doesn't seem to be any doubt who he is, after Vader has cause to even care (namely Luke destroying the Death Star, much less surviving him on Bespin).

Edited by Uxi

As far as Midichlorians go... the fact remains that it was mentioned and it was mentioned in a way that gave it a fair amount of importance. Qui Gon went as far as compare it to Master Yoda, and to say Anakin had the highest count. If its not relevant, why mention it in the first place? Why not mention it again in Eps 2?

As far as the original trilogy goes..... it was bad, and somehow it got tons of oscars, while the new one so far hasn't even gotten the SFX oscar yet. <_<

Again: Midichlorians are NOT the force. Why haven't they been mentioned since? Aside from their possible use in Ep III, I think they've pretty much served their purpose in the story.

1) Provide a basis for Anakin's immaculate conception.

2) Used as a benchmark so that Anakin's potential can be measured.

Of course the OT won oscars for FX. For their time they were quite revolutionary. But the OT also won Oscars for sound, editing and costumes. Nowadays all it gets nominated for is FX, and at this point it's just a token nomination anyway. Not that the Oscars are really relevant anymore, anyway. Getting an Oscar is just a question of how much bribing...er, I mean "lobbying" you want to do. I believe New Line Cinema has already announced that it wants to buy an Oscar for ROTK. <_<

Medichlorians just come off as being the same sort of lame pseudo-science that crops up in Star Trek and bad sci-fi in general. Medichlorians are much more sci-fi, while the Force is much more Space Opera, if you understand the difference. It just seemed like a huge leap away from the Space Opera roots of the original trilogy.

Whether or not it was a good step is opinion. Personally, my opinion is negative. I think most people had a negative opinion of medichlorians. Also it was something that was not at all mentioned in the original trilogy, yet was made into a big deal in Phantom Menace, then again went unmentioned in Clones.

Also, cause or effect, it adds a very (up to this point) non-Star Wars/Space Opera style story element. The effect of that is to jar many viewers out of their Star Wars induced euphoria into a state of "WTF?" reaction to a seemingly broken plot element.

I wasn't particularly thrilled with the addition of Midichlorians either, but I think too many fans (or former fans) have focused on them far too much in the last 5 years. I mean, think about it; their impact on the overall story has been pretty negligible. And remember, the OT had deeper roots than just "Space Opera," however you want to define that. The old Flash Gordon serials had lots of psudo-science gobbledegook, just like the many pulp Sci Fi stories published since the 30's.

They were mentioned in 3 lines of dialog, people. Time to get over it and move on.

Again: Midichlorians are NOT the force. Why haven't they been mentioned since? Aside from their possible use in Ep III, I think they've pretty much served their purpose in the story.

We all know that Bsu... the problem is.... that how it was inserted in the movie. While most SW fans know the truth behind them, most other fans who watched Eps 1 figured it had to do with the force. And in this case, when casual fans are confused, its not a very plot device. <_<

And in this case, when casual fans are confused, its not a very plot device. <_<

I stopped caring about what the average moviegoer "understood" a long time ago. The next time you're at a theater, take a look around you. Generally speaking, people are just plain stupid. How else do you explain the success of Chris Tucker? :lol:

And in this case, when casual fans are confused, its not a very plot device. <_<

I stopped caring about what the average moviegoer "understood" a long time ago. The next time you're at a theater, take a look around you. Generally speaking, people are just plain stupid. How else do you explain the success of Chris Tucker? :lol:

lol. I know what you are saying... I could care less either. But then again, one has to look at movies through the eyes of the peons. :p

As far as Midichlorians go... the fact remains that it was mentioned and it was mentioned in a way that gave it a fair amount of importance. Qui Gon went as far as compare it to Master Yoda, and to say Anakin had the highest count. If its not relevant, why mention it in the first place? Why not mention it again in Eps 2?

It was indeed relevant for the very weirndess of it. The importance is simple. In the fact that some little kid on a little dirtball BFE has a higher MC count than the greatest Jedi Master of Qui-Gon's day. MC count seeming to be a sort of "potential meter" than any indication of actual ability with the Force. If average John Doe on the street has a couple hundred to a thousand (remember Qui-Gon said they were required for all LIFE not just Force use), Joe Jedi Knight has 5,000-10,000, Yoda has 10-15,000 but then some little kid on this aforementioned dirtball BFE has "over 20,000" it would be pretty important wouldn't it? He's a freak and it's inexplicable outside of some old and vague prophecy. Just think Akira but without all the flash... ;)

The "immaculate conception" bit was mere conjecture on Qui-Gon's part. Yoda didn't seem to buy it at the time and indeed doesn't seem pleased later with the outcome of Anakin being trained (indeed the novelization says the rest of the Jedi Council overruled him). Mace was certainly skeptical, at least in teh beginning... and the Council's initial decision is "no."

It wasn't needed in Ep 2. Where was it supposed to be mentioned? Lucas, as corny as he is, does things for reasons. Even if he's not a master like others... he's not trying to be, of course, and is simply flashing us with SFX, trying to get the kids to laugh, and paying homage to 50's serial schlock.

Took a quick peek.  No one had posted it.

The long hair is suppose to "gap the bridge" between the 70's look of the first trilogies.

hmmm... I wonder if he's wearing bellbottoms...  :unsure:

Now I know where Luke Skywalker gets his good looks from. It must be in the genes or something. :D

It was indeed relevant for the very weirndess of it. The importance is simple. In the fact that some little kid on a little dirtball BFE has a higher MC count than the greatest Jedi Master of Qui-Gon's day. MC count seeming to be a sort of "potential meter" than any indication of actual ability with the Force. If average John Doe on the street has a couple hundred to a thousand (remember Qui-Gon said they were required for all LIFE not just Force use), Joe Jedi Knight has 5,000-10,000, Yoda has 10-15,000 but then some little kid on this aforementioned dirtball BFE has "over 20,000" it would be pretty important wouldn't it? He's a freak and it's inexplicable outside of some old and vague prophecy. Just think Akira but without all the flash... ;)

The "immaculate conception" bit was mere conjecture on Qui-Gon's part. Yoda didn't seem to buy it at the time and indeed doesn't seem pleased later with the outcome of Anakin being trained (indeed the novelization says the rest of the Jedi Council overruled him). Mace was certainly skeptical, at least in teh beginning... and the Council's initial decision is "no."

It wasn't needed in Ep 2. Where was it supposed to be mentioned? Lucas, as corny as he is, does things for reasons. Even if he's not a master like others... he's not trying to be, of course, and is simply flashing us with SFX, trying to get the kids to laugh, and paying homage to 50's serial schlock.

I agree with you completly. But the thing is... not most fan get that the midiclorian thing was just a Qui Gon only thing. :)