New Anakin pic

EXO

Let's not forget that ESB has some of the worst delivered lines in the saga:

"Two fighters against a Star Destroyer?"  :lol:

LOL... not nearly as bad as the first 2 minutes of Queen Amidala. :lol:

Ironic seeing as how Natalie Portman is actually a good actor, a long with a fair amount of the rest of the cast of the prequels. But even the best actors look horrible with bad scripts.

Personally I though the Epsiode 1 fight was pretty lame. Or maybe that was just my dislike of Darth Maul.

Let's not forget that ESB has some of the worst delivered lines in the saga:

"Two fighters against a Star Destroyer?"  :lol:

LOL... not nearly as bad as the first 2 minutes of Queen Amidala. :lol:

Ironic seeing as how Natalie Portman is actually a good actor, a long with a fair amount of the rest of the cast of the prequels. But even the best actors look horrible with bad scripts.

Personally I though the Epsiode 1 fight was pretty lame. Or maybe that was just my dislike of Darth Maul.

Why is Portman held in such high regard? I was never impressed with her work. Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor I understand.

Why is Portman held in such high regard? I was never impressed with her work. Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor I understand.

I'm probably biased because I'm a huge The Profession/LEON fan, and she was really good in that, even though she was 12. She was good in HEAT too, although that was a minor role. Wasn't too bad in Anywhere But Here either, and i can't remember any other movies she was in.

I'm probably biased because I'm a huge The Profession/LEON fan, and she was really good in that, even though she was 12. She was good in HEAT too, although that was a minor role. Wasn't too bad in Anywhere But Here either, and i can't remember any other movies she was in.

she didn't really do anything in those movies...

Personally I though the Epsiode 1 fight was pretty lame. Or maybe that [was just my dislike of Darth Maul.

I thought it was the best part of Ep 1, and the best saber fight ever, and the John Williams "Duel of the Fates" music enhanced it perfectly. I was dissapointed with the follow up saber fight in 2, so I am hoping the final battle in 3 has more of that fury that was in 1.

Episode II was all about the Clone Troopers and the further rise of the Empire. I mean, watching Jimmy Smitts clench his fists while watching Palpatine's Clone Troopers were boarding those Star Destroyer shaped landing ships, with the Imperial March playing in the background no less...

BUT DAMN... you can say whatever you want about the prequels, but both of them have had excellent ending sequences.

Personally I have no problems with any of the Star Wars movies, they are all good movies too me. I do get annoyed at the whole Jar Jar thing though, but it doesn't make me wanna hate the movie cuz of it. I recall the Master himself, Lucas, mentioning that the Star Wars movies were meant to entertain everyone, not just the fans who would have it only their way. That would explain why my kid's favorite character is Jar Jar and mine is Natalie Portman, err the queen, slash, senator chic/person. Anywho, i find that enjoying a movie for what it is and not overanalyzing things helps enjoy tha much more. For those so critical of every frame and score of a movie, I recommend you go make one yourself. If Kevin Smith can do it, then anyone can.

And by the way, the reason why Yoda walks with a cane is because its actually a front. He like the perks of cool hovering wheelchairs and a roomy spot near the Jedi Temple where he can park his pimp ride without getting any dingys on the door. In one shot of the Jedi headquarters you can actually see his ride with a 'Reserved for Yoda' spot and a handicap sticker on the windshield.

She didn't do anything in The Professional/Leon? I think you slept through that movie Max.

She didn't do anything in The Professional/Leon? I think you slept through that movie Max.

One movie doesn't make a bad actor good. :)

Effect Posted: Sep 24 2003, 12:55 PM

Enough ranting. I can't take it anymore. NJO has kill the EU for me. For me Star Wars ends with last duology by Tim Zahn.

Exactly. All stories have to end sometimes. Once the peace treaty is signed with the remains of the Empire, thats it. The end. Everyone lives happily ever after.

There's a definite slide in the quality of the work too. The Zahn trilogy was great, could be three more movies (and they'd be better than the mixed result thats coming out now). The X-Wing novels were pretty good too. Nice side stories that were well written (of course, I am a Stackpole fan) and fleshed out parts of the story that had been skipped past. But clearly, some of the books were just filler put out to make a buck.

(Worth noting, there's a new Thrawn book coming from Zahn that ties into the prequels-that should be cool.)

Except for prequel stuff, it kinda seems like the story of SW is over. And NJO just doesn't really seem like SW to me........maybe next they'll go the Exosquad route and have the Invid invade the SW galaxy! :p

She was a little kid. Any other kid would do.

I don't think her performance was anything special, but I hate children and I hate child actors/actesses, therefore as kids go she was much better than for example that lillte retard from The 6th Sense. <_<

Lucas wrote all the stories. He didn't do all the directing or screeplays though.

Directing and screenplay is pretty much the meat and guts of a movie. The less Lucas has a hand in it, the better. Funny how many times Lucas' name appears on the credits is directly proportional to how crappy the movie is. :p

-Al

TPM was cool.... untill they fled Naboo.... then for some reason everything sort of got less interesting from there.

The whole 3 different perspectives ending was pretty neat.... even though I wished they had blown Anakin out of the sky. :lol:

Now that you mention it, that's why I remembered liking TPM when I saw it... but decided that it stunk the more I thought about it in retrospect. The beginning was great, and the final battle wasn't too bad. The saber fight was amazing.

That whole part in the middle... right when they met Jar Jar.... continued by where they meet the annoying kid... is what made the movie stink in hindsight.

The stinking started a lot sooner in AOTC though. And didn't stop until Anakin laid waste to all the sandpeople. Then it was just CG fluff from there.

-Al

The stinking started a lot sooner in AOTC though. And didn't stop until Anakin laid waste to all the sandpeople. Then it was just CG fluff from there.

Not even the beginning saved AOTC like it did with TPM. AOTC only got good once Gianosis(sp) was introduced. Though... the boring parts weren't as painful as the boring parts in TPM were. <_<

I was on a shoot today with a guy we often work with who worked on ep 3. I asked him about the Moff Tarkin thing, and he didn't say anything (due to his 'sworn to secrecy' contract) until I said I'd seen the photos published. He said that lucas and everyone were really pissed off, as one of the construction dept. had broken in after hours and taken photos of the prosthetic Tarkin makeup.

Over at theforce.net the story goes that memory cards were swapped, etc, and that's how they cleverly got the pics, so that is a load of crap. It was just a simple break and enter.

Although he didn't come out and say, Tarkin will be voiced over in post - it won't be the actor behind the mask's voice in the movie.

I was on a shoot today with a guy we often work with who worked on ep 3. I asked him about the Moff Tarkin thing, and he didn't say anything (due to his 'sworn to secrecy' contract) until I said I'd seen the photos published. He said that lucas and everyone were really pissed off, as one of the construction dept. had broken in after hours and taken photos of the prosthetic Tarkin makeup.

Now Guppy...you wouldn't kid us about this, right? :unsure:

If your guy's right, then I can see why TFN is running with the "memory card" swap story. Stealthily taking pictures during working hours is far less illicit than breaking & entering to do so. :o

Ewan McGregor likes the script! He also said he's done very little blue screen work. That's all I need to know to have hope for Episode III, cause he didn't like the script or the blue screen work of the first two.

Better yet, I love the reports that Lucas has given the principals wide leeway in interpreting their roles this time around. And what about the stories of the sets being cleared of non-essentials at Ewan's request for the Duel sequences, so that Hayden and Ewan could be completely focused? Awesome! :D

Not even the beginning saved AOTC like it did with TPM. AOTC only got good once Gianosis(sp) was introduced. Though... the boring parts weren't as painful as the boring parts in TPM were. <_<

I dunno man. Watching Titanic, on Naboo, was pretty fricking painful. Then again. The kid. Oh horrors. The kid.

Funny how the main character, Anakin, Mr. Darth Vader himself, has so far ruined all of the prequel movies.

-Al

Edited by Sundown

Funny how the main character, Anakin, Mr. Darth Vader himself, has so far ruined all of the prequel movies.

-Al

Lucas needs to stop hiring crappy actors to play Anakin. But I think a lot of the blame still lies on the script.

"I don't like the sand, it's rough and coarse. Unlike you..."

yeah.. and HC wrote that..

Let's not forget that the fabled "non-Lucas" episodes, which is a laughable notion on it's own, had academy award winning dialog like:

"I don't know where you get your delusions, laser brain." :lol:

Oh wait, that's from Empire and therefore above reproach. I'm sorry. Please don't let the cold, hard light of reality intrude on the bashing.

Laser brains. <_<

Edited by bsu legato