Best Gundam game in history! Score: 33/40

ogami

The game released I believe last year....atleast in Japan. Rumors have it that the AUEG/TITAN game will be released in the states, its just not known when....no ones got any information.

I don't think anyone even expected Feddie/Zeon was gonna be out but the day I got my PS2 2 years ago I got that game as well going "NO WAY?!" and atleast have 5 or 6 profiles on save mostly Zeon 0_o.

But damn that comparison shot of looking up the Psycho Gundam is like :o

It's been said on and off through out this year that the update to AEUG vs. Titans would see a US release in early 2005 though I really don't know what's happening now.

Hopefully the Gamecube version with its 4 player vs. mode is released here. B))

Rumor has it that we'll be getting this instead of AEUG vs Titans.

Either way, I'm picking up an import copy ASAP.

What, aside from the addition of ZZ Gundam (and I think Quebely in campaign mode), is the difference between Gundam vs. Z Gundam and AEUG vs. Titans? I loved Feddie vs. Zeon, and I really loved AEUG vs. Titans. If there's a major change here (or a US release), I'd be inclined to pick this up... but if it's a re-release of AEUG vs. Titans with relatively minor tweaks, I'll have to pass in favor of A.C.E.

Rumor has it that we'll be getting this instead of AEUG vs Titans.

Either way, I'm picking up an import copy ASAP.

What, aside from the addition of ZZ Gundam (and I think Quebely in campaign mode), is the difference between Gundam vs. Z Gundam and AEUG vs. Titans? I loved Feddie vs. Zeon, and I really loved AEUG vs. Titans. If there's a major change here (or a US release), I'd be inclined to pick this up... but if it's a re-release of AEUG vs. Titans with relatively minor tweaks, I'll have to pass in favor of A.C.E.

This game is the arcade version of Z gundam DX + story mode + ZZ.

I'm pretty sure some other Zeta suits have been added. The psyco gundam mkII is right in the middle of the image at the official website and there seem to be a few other new suits in there too. I also heard that the qubeley mkIIs are in the game, although I doubt they're any different from the standard. I remember hearing early on that there would be some balance fixes too, like toning down The-O and the zeta's hyper mega launcher (probably not enough).

• 4 weeks later...

The game is out in Japan now, and I could import it if I wanted to... but again, I already have AEUG vs. Titans. Is it worth $60+ shipping to import Gundam Vs. Z Gundam? Are the few additional Z Gundam mobile suits worth it (especially since I heard they made the Gaplant a lot slower)? Was it worth it to add the ZZ Gundam? Did they bother to add any other Gundam ZZ mobile suits for the Axis missions, like the Gaza-C or the Zaku III? How different is it really from AEUG vs. Titans?

At the moment, I'm seriously tempted to import it, but I'm restrained with the thought that it might just be an upgrade of AEUG vs. Titans, and that it might come out States-side anyway.

this game is worth getting, simply for the UC mode, which is mainly what sets it apart from AEUG vs Titans/DX, also from what ive read, the suits have been further balenced from AVT DX. UC mode is quite chock full of stuff to do and some of the alternate What IF routes are quite intresting(ie: keeping Lalah Sun alive).,and theres the ZZ gundam stuff. Ive only got 28% of the game complete,and i have to say i like it.

theres a few things i wonder tho, for one Why no 0080/0083 and 08th MS pilots? i mean ground gundam makes a cameo, but nothing from around that tim. the games UC mode timeline begins with Z gundam, and later you can unlock the one year war stuff but it goes from like OYW to Z gundam, with nothing between.

One thing also, ive noticed, and this goes back to the Z gundam DVD thread,and that is thus far, none of the Z gundam opening songs are unlockable. but many of the other gundam vocals are(mostly from the orignal series, including the "char" song).

for specific balence/notes issues:

As for Gaplant, it is slower. And the only ZZ suits i know for sure were put in the game are ZZ gundam and Qubley MKII. not sure about the Zaku III etc.

Zeta's hyper lancher is also toned down.

otherwise, the game comes highly recomended.:D

One thing also, ive noticed, and this goes back to the Z gundam DVD thread,and that is thus far, none of the Z gundam opening songs are unlockable. but many of the other gundam vocals are(mostly from the orignal series, including the "char" song).

In other words, it's like they took AEUG vs Titans, added a few mobile suits, jacked the Z Gundam music, put in all of the crappy first Gundam music, and turned it back into yet another One Year War game. <_< Yeah, we REALLY needed another one of those.

Forget it. I'm taking a pass unless I find a used copy at Starland, or until they just come out with Gundam ZZ: AEUG vs. Neo Zeon.

Actually all the Z gundam BGM is in the game, likewise with the original Gundam BGM and ZZ bgm, i was refering to vocal songs specificly.

Secondly, Judging by the amount of content in the UC mode and the main arcade mode routes, its a Z gundam game more than anything, while you do unlock 0079 routes and missions, the bulk of mission content and charicters are from Z gundam.

Why don't Bandai and Capcom just cut to the chase already? One Vs. game. Cram different arcade missions in. Then for campaign mode, have it begin in 0079 during the One Year War. Then do missions that stretch all the way through the end of 0093 at the end of Char's Counterattack. Maybe have players create a pilot at the beginning, then they could follow their pilot through the various conflicts. We'll say that if you start as a Federation pilot, you'd stay with them until after 0083, then you'd hook up with the AEUG, and finally Londo Bell. If you start as a Zeon pilot, you'd eventually hook up with the Cima Garahau long enough to fight alongside the Delaz Fleet in Operation Stardust, but eventually sell out to the Federation so that you could play as the Titans. Near the end of the Gryps War, though, you'd defect to the Axis Zeons, and then later Char's Neo Zeon.

Why don't Bandai and Capcom just cut to the chase already? One Vs. game. Cram different arcade missions in. Then for campaign mode, have it begin in 0079 during the One Year War. Then do missions that stretch all the way through the end of 0093 at the end of Char's Counterattack. Maybe have players create a pilot at the beginning, then they could follow their pilot through the various conflicts. We'll say that if you start as a Federation pilot, you'd stay with them until after 0083, then you'd hook up with the AEUG, and finally Londo Bell. If you start as a Zeon pilot, you'd eventually hook up with the Cima Garahau long enough to fight alongside the Delaz Fleet in Operation Stardust, but eventually sell out to the Federation so that you could play as the Titans. Near the end of the Gryps War, though, you'd defect to the Axis Zeons, and then later Char's Neo Zeon.

Or, they could let it be branching. I mean whats to say you were a Feddie who became a Titan and then later a Neo Zeon? Or, an Ex-Zeon who got fed up with how the Titans were treating people and joins the AEUG. That'd be pretty cool.

Why don't Bandai and Capcom just cut to the chase already? One Vs. game. Cram different arcade missions in.

We're talking about two companies that:

- Released one game in multiple parts (.hack)

- Milked a game with "director's cut" and system port "remake"s (RE series)

Don't think they'll change their ways any time soon.

Why don't Bandai and Capcom just cut to the chase already?  One Vs. game.  Cram different arcade missions in.  Then for campaign mode, have it begin in 0079 during the One Year War.  Then do missions that stretch all the way through the end of 0093 at the end of Char's Counterattack.  Maybe have players create a pilot at the beginning, then they could follow their pilot through the various conflicts.  We'll say that if you start as a Federation pilot, you'd stay with them until after 0083, then you'd hook up with the AEUG, and finally Londo Bell.  If you start as a Zeon pilot, you'd eventually hook up with  the Cima Garahau long enough to fight alongside the Delaz Fleet in Operation Stardust, but eventually sell out to the Federation so that you could play as the Titans.  Near the end of the Gryps War, though, you'd defect to the Axis Zeons, and then later Char's Neo Zeon.

Or, they could let it be branching. I mean whats to say you were a Feddie who became a Titan and then later a Neo Zeon? Or, an Ex-Zeon who got fed up with how the Titans were treating people and joins the AEUG. That'd be pretty cool.

Ooh, that's a good idea. Perhaps they could also create mulitple endings for the different branching paths, with some of the endings being kind of "what if?" endings... like "What if Zeon won the One Year War?"\

Why don't Bandai and Capcom just cut to the chase already?  One Vs. game.  Cram different arcade missions in.  Then for campaign mode, have it begin in 0079 during the One Year War.  Then do missions that stretch all the way through the end of 0093 at the end of Char's Counterattack.  Maybe have players create a pilot at the beginning, then they could follow their pilot through the various conflicts.  We'll say that if you start as a Federation pilot, you'd stay with them until after 0083, then you'd hook up with the AEUG, and finally Londo Bell.  If you start as a Zeon pilot, you'd eventually hook up with  the Cima Garahau long enough to fight alongside the Delaz Fleet in Operation Stardust, but eventually sell out to the Federation so that you could play as the Titans.  Near the end of the Gryps War, though, you'd defect to the Axis Zeons, and then later Char's Neo Zeon.

Ooh, that's a good idea. Perhaps they could also create mulitple endings for the different branching paths, with some of the endings being kind of "what if?" endings... like "What if Zeon won the One Year War?"\

Exacyly what I was thinking. Though I doubt it will happen, it's still good to dream! :D

Exacyly what I was thinking. Though I doubt it will happen, it's still good to dream! :D

True story... when I was in 9th grade, my two favorite things were comic books and videogames. Me and my one friend thought it'd be cool if there was a fighting game with the X-Men, so he wrote a letter to Marvel, and I wrote a letter to Capcom. Now, it was probably just a coincidence, and we never did get reply... but about a year later, X-Men: Children of the Atom started showing up in arcades.

Maybe we should write a letter, translate it to Japanese, then send it to Bandai Japan and Capcom Japan...